Bentonville, Arkansas is a charming and vibrant city that offers a wide range of activities for visitors to enjoy. Whether you’re interested in art, history, outdoor adventures, or local attractions, Bentonville has something for everyone. Here are some of the top things to do in Bentonville, Arkansas:
1. Visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
2. Explore the Walmart Museum
3. Enjoy Outdoor Activities at the Ozark Mountains
4. Shop and Dine at the Bentonville Square
5. Go Mountain Biking at Slaughter Pen Trail
6. Discover History at the Museum of Native American History
7. Visit the Amazeum
8. Experience the Beauty of the Compton Gardens and Conference Center
9. Take a Tour of the Bentonville Brewing Company
10. Attend the Bentonville Film Festival
The best time to visit Bentonville, Arkansas is during the spring and fall seasons when the weather is pleasant and outdoor activities can be enjoyed to the fullest. Bentonville offers a range of top-rated hotels for visitors to choose from, ensuring a comfortable stay during their visit.
For those looking for free activities in Bentonville, there are various options available, including exploring the downtown area, visiting local parks, and enjoying the many public art installations scattered throughout the city.
When it comes to dining options, Bentonville boasts an array of local restaurants that offer a diverse culinary experience. From farm-to-table establishments to international cuisine, there is something to satisfy every palate.
Families visiting Bentonville can enjoy a host of family-friendly activities, such as visiting the Amazeum, exploring the nature trails, and attending events and festivals that cater to all ages.
Furthermore, Bentonville is surrounded by scenic beauty, and there are numerous hiking trails for outdoor enthusiasts to discover and explore the natural wonders of the area.
With its rich history, cultural attractions, outdoor adventures, and family-friendly offerings, Bentonville, Arkansas is a destination worth exploring for an unforgettable experience.
Visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art
Visiting Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is a must when in Bentonville, Arkansas. This renowned museum showcases a diverse collection of American art spanning several centuries. The museum’s architecture, designed by Moshe Safdie, is an impressive blend of nature and modernity. The exhibits inside feature works by prominent American artists, such as Norman Rockwell and Georgia O’Keeffe. The museum also boasts beautiful outdoor trails and sculptures, allowing visitors to immerse themselves in art and nature simultaneously. Make sure to set aside enough time to fully explore the museum and appreciate the stunning artwork on display. The experience at Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art is bound to leave you inspired and appreciative of American artistic expression.
Explore the Walmart Museum
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Jacob Lopez
The Walmart Museum in Bentonville, Arkansas offers a tremendous opportunity to explore the history of the iconic retail giant. Visitors can “Explore the Walmart Museum”, and they will learn about the humble beginnings of Walmart and how it has grown into a global powerhouse. The museum showcases artifacts and interactive exhibits that not only entertain but also highlight the achievements and impact of Walmart throughout the years. Visitors can also “Explore the Walmart Museum” by taking a trip down memory lane with a recreated Walton’s 5&10 store. This experience allows them to see and “Explore the Walmart Museum”, giving them a taste of what it was like to shop in the early days of Walmart. By “Exploring the Walmart Museum”, visitors gain a fascinating glimpse into the innovative and entrepreneurial spirit that has shaped this retail giant.
Enjoy Outdoor Activities at the Ozark Mountains
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Timothy King
The Ozark Mountains in Bentonville, Arkansas offer a plethora of outdoor activities for visitors to enjoy. Hiking is a popular choice, with numerous trails of varying difficulty levels to explore. From serene nature walks to challenging summit hikes, there is something for everyone who loves to enjoy outdoor activities at the Ozark Mountains. The Ozarks also provide opportunities for camping, fishing, and wildlife spotting, making it an ideal location for outdoor enthusiasts to indulge in their favorite activities. For those seeking adventure, activities like zip-lining and rock climbing are available, adding to the excitement of enjoying outdoor activities at the Ozark Mountains. The stunning landscapes and breathtaking views of the Ozark Mountains make it even more enjoyable for individuals who love to engage in outdoor activities.
Additionally, visitors can indulge in water-based activities such as kayaking or canoeing in the rivers and lakes surrounding the region, which further enhance the outdoor experience at the Ozark Mountains. The crisp, fresh air and picturesque scenery create the perfect backdrop for a day of outdoor fun, making it even more enjoyable to engage in outdoor activities at the Ozark Mountains. Be sure to pack sunscreen, water, and comfortable footwear to fully enjoy the experience of enjoying outdoor activities at the Ozark Mountains.
To maximize your time at the Ozark Mountains, consider joining guided tours or hiring local guides who can provide valuable insights into the area’s natural wonders and history, enhancing the overall experience of enjoying outdoor activities at the Ozark Mountains. Whether you’re a nature lover, adventure seeker, or simply looking to unwind in a peaceful setting, you will find plenty to enjoy at the Ozark Mountains in Bentonville, Arkansas, where you can indulge in a wide range of outdoor activities.
Shop and Dine at the Bentonville Square
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Samuel Mitchell
When visiting Bentonville, Arkansas, make sure to explore the vibrant shopping and dining scene at the Bentonville Square.
- Shop: The Bentonville Square offers a variety of unique shops and boutiques where you can shop and find everything from locally-made crafts to upscale fashion and home decor. Browse through the latest trends at boutiques like The Mustache Goods and Wares or find one-of-a-kind pieces at shops like the Poor Richard’s Art Gallery.
- Dine: The Bentonville Square is also home to a diverse range of dining options to satisfy any craving. Enjoy a farm-to-table experience at local favorites like The Hive, where you can savor delicious dishes made with locally-sourced ingredients. If you’re in the mood for international cuisine, try the authentic Mexican flavors at Yeyo’s Mexican Grill or indulge in Italian comfort food at Tavola Trattoria.
- Relax: After a day of shopping and dining, take a break and relax in the charming atmosphere of the Bentonville Square. Grab a coffee or a refreshing drink at one of the local cafes such as Onyx Coffee Lab or Pressroom, and unwind while enjoying the beautiful surroundings.
- Events: The Bentonville Square also hosts various events throughout the year, including farmers markets, art festivals, and live music performances. Check the local event calendar to see if there’s a special event happening during your visit.
Whether you’re looking for the perfect gift, a delicious meal, or simply a place to relax and soak in the local atmosphere, shopping and dining at the Bentonville Square is a must-do when in Bentonville, Arkansas.
Go Mountain Biking at Slaughter Pen Trail
If you’re looking for an exciting outdoor activity in Bentonville, Arkansas, you should go mountain biking at Slaughter Pen Trail. This trail offers thrilling paths and challenging terrain for all skill levels. The trail system spans over 20 miles, providing plenty of opportunities for adventure. You can navigate through scenic forests, rocky sections, and thrilling descents. With its well-maintained trails and beautiful surroundings, Slaughter Pen Trail is a must-visit destination for mountain biking enthusiasts.
And did you know that Slaughter Pen Trail has been voted as one of the top mountain biking destinations in the United States? It offers an exhilarating experience for riders of all levels, making it a favorite among outdoor enthusiasts. So, get ready to hit the trails and have an unforgettable mountain biking adventure at Slaughter Pen Trail!
Discover History at the Museum of Native American History
The Museum of Native American History in Bentonville, Arkansas offers an immersive experience that allows visitors to discover history at the Museum of Native American History and embark on a journey of knowledge and understanding. Exhibits showcase artifacts, artwork, and interactive displays that provide insight into the traditions, customs, and contributions of Native American communities throughout history. Visitors can learn about the diverse tribes that inhabited the region and their unique stories. The museum also offers educational programs and events that further enhance the learning experience.
For a truly enriching visit, take the time to explore the museum’s collection of pottery, textiles, tools, and sacred objects. Engage with the interactive exhibits to gain a deeper understanding of Native American history and heritage. Don’t miss the opportunity to attend a demonstration or participate in a workshop that highlights traditional Native American crafts and skills.
Whether you are a history enthusiast, an art lover, or simply curious about different cultures, the Museum of Native American History is a must-visit attraction in Bentonville. Immerse yourself in the past and gain a newfound appreciation for the Native American tribes that have shaped the region’s history. Discover history at the Museum of Native American History and embark on a journey of knowledge and understanding.
Visit the Amazeum
The Amazeum is a must-visit attraction in Bentonville, Arkansas. With its interactive exhibits and engaging activities, visiting the Amazeum offers a unique learning experience for visitors of all ages.
The museum features hands-on displays that encourage curiosity and creativity. Children can explore different areas such as the water table, tinkering hub, and art studio, fostering their imagination and problem-solving skills.
Families can also enjoy the outdoor playscape area and the Hershey’s Lab, where they can participate in fun experiments. Make sure to visit the Amazeum and have a memorable time exploring its interactive exhibitions!
Experience the Beauty of the Compton Gardens and Conference Center
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Mark Ramirez
Experience the beauty of the Compton Gardens and Conference Center, a stunning destination situated in Bentonville, Arkansas.
- Explore the meticulously maintained gardens, showcasing a variety of vibrant flora and fauna.
- Admire the serene atmosphere as you stroll through the beautiful pathways and discover hidden corners of natural beauty.
- Unwind and relax in the peaceful surroundings, offering a much-needed escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.
- Immerse yourself in the captivating architecture of the Conference Center, which hosts a range of events and conferences throughout the year.
- Participate in educational programs and workshops that cultivate knowledge and appreciation for nature and conservation.
- Capture breathtaking photographs of the picturesque landscapes, creating memories that will last a lifetime.
- Bring along a picnic and enjoy a leisurely lunch surrounded by the enchanting gardens.
Whether you are a nature enthusiast, seeking inspiration, or simply in need of relaxation, the Compton Gardens and Conference Center is a must-visit destination that will truly captivate your senses.
Take a Tour of the Bentonville Brewing Company
The Bentonville Brewing Company presents a thrilling opportunity to embark on a tour and explore the captivating art of brewing beer. This extraordinary experience enables visitors to witness firsthand the meticulous brewing process while delving into the rich history of beer-making. Throughout the tour, you will be completely immersed in the enchanting aroma of hops and mesmerized by the magnificent gleam of the stainless steel brewing equipment. Accompanied by the knowledgeable staff, you will be guided through each step, starting from the selection of top-notch ingredients all the way to witnessing the fermentation and bottling process. Moreover, you will even have the delightful chance to savor some of their most incredible brews, allowing you to indulge in the unparalleled flavors and exquisite craftsmanship. So, whether you are a fervent beer enthusiast or simply inquisitive about the intricate brewing process, make sure not to miss the golden opportunity to embark on an awe-inspiring tour of the illustrious Bentonville Brewing Company.
Established in 2013, the Bentonville Brewing Company boasts a storied history dating back to its inception. It was founded by a devoted collective of beer aficionados who ardently aimed to introduce the craft beer movement to the charming city of Bentonville, Arkansas. Throughout the years, this brewery has garnered well-deserved acclaim for its unwavering commitment to exceptional quality and relentless innovation. Through sheer perseverance and unwavering dedication, the Bentonville Brewing Company has firmly established itself as a cherished destination for both local inhabitants and visiting tourists, promising an unparalleled experience for every beer enthusiast.
Attend the Bentonville Film Festival
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Willie Torres
For film enthusiasts visiting Bentonville, Arkansas, attending the Bentonville Film Festival is a must.
The festival not only showcases a diverse selection of films but also promotes inclusion and diversity in storytelling.
It provides a platform for filmmakers to share their unique perspectives and connect with audiences.
When you attend the Bentonville Film Festival, you have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of cinema and gain a deeper appreciation for the art of storytelling.
Founded by actress Geena Davis and Trevor Drinkwater, the Bentonville Film Festival has been thriving since its inception and attracts attendees from all over the world.
This festival celebrates the power of film to spark conversations and bring communities together.
What Are the Top Hotels in Bentonville, Arkansas?
When planning a visit to Bentonville, Arkansas, you definitely want to consider these top hotels:
- The 21c Museum Hotel: Situated in the heart of the city, this unique boutique hotel combines contemporary art-filled rooms with a rooftop bar that offers breathtaking views.
- The Hive: One of the most renowned restaurants in Bentonville, The Hive is located within the 21c Museum Hotel and offers an innovative farm-to-table dining experience.
- The Peel Mansion Museum & Heritage Gardens: For a luxurious and relaxing stay, this historic mansion-turned-hotel provides elegant rooms and access to a beautiful garden.
- The Inn at Bella Vista: Nestled amidst the stunning Ozark Mountains, this charming bed-and-breakfast is perfect for those seeking cozy rooms and picturesque views.
- The 1857 Hotel: Immerse yourself in history at this boutique hotel, which is housed in a restored building from 1857. It seamlessly combines modern amenities with vintage charm.
Fun Fact: Bentonville, Arkansas is also home to the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, which proudly showcases an impressive collection of American artworks.
What Is the Best Time to Visit Bentonville, Arkansas?
The best time to visit Bentonville, Arkansas is during the spring and fall seasons. In the spring, from March to May, the weather is mild with temperatures ranging from 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The blooming flowers and green landscapes make it an ideal time to explore the outdoor activities in the Ozark Mountains and visit the beautiful Compton Gardens and Conference Center.
In the fall, from September to November, the weather is also pleasant with temperatures ranging from 60 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. The changing colors of the leaves create a picturesque backdrop for activities such as hiking on the various trails in Bentonville and enjoying the Bentonville Square.
During these seasons, you can also avoid the summer heat and the winter cold. Summers can be quite hot and humid with temperatures reaching up to 90 degrees Fahrenheit, while winters can be cold with temperatures dropping to around 30 degrees Fahrenheit. By visiting in the spring or fall, you can enjoy comfortable weather while experiencing the best of Bentonville.
Pro-tip: Make sure to check the weather forecast before your trip and pack appropriate clothing and gear for outdoor activities. Don’t forget to bring a camera to capture the natural beauty of Bentonville during your visit.
Are There Any Free Activities in Bentonville, Arkansas?
Are there any free activities in Bentonville, Arkansas? Yes, there are plenty! Here are some options:
- Visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art: Explore the impressive collection of American artworks and sculptures in the stunning museum designed by architect Moshe Safdie.
- Take a stroll at the Walmart Museum: Learn about the history and growth of the retail giant at this interactive museum, and don’t forget to check out the old-fashioned soda fountain!
- Enjoy outdoor activities at the Ozark Mountains: Take advantage of the beautiful scenery by going for a hike, having a picnic, or simply enjoying the fresh air.
- Explore the Bentonville Square: This vibrant downtown area offers various events, farmers markets, and live music throughout the year, providing entertainment for all ages.
- Discover history at the Museum of Native American: Learn about the rich Native American heritage through exhibits, artifacts, and educational displays.
So, as you can see, there are plenty of free activities to enjoy in Bentonville, Arkansas. Whether you’re an art enthusiast, history buff, outdoor adventurer, or simply looking for some family-friendly fun, Bentonville has something for everyone. Don’t miss out on the diverse range of free activities available in this vibrant city.
What Are Some Local Restaurants in Bentonville, Arkansas?
When exploring Bentonville, Arkansas, you will find a variety of local restaurants to satisfy your taste buds. Here are some options to consider:
- Pressroom: This popular restaurant offers modern American cuisine with a focus on using locally sourced ingredients. From delicious brunch options to creative dinner dishes, Pressroom is a must-visit for food enthusiasts.
- Tusk & Trotter: Known for its farm-to-table concept, Tusk & Trotter serves up Southern-inspired dishes with a twist. Indulge in their mouthwatering barbecue, flavorful snacks, and craft cocktails.
- The Hive: Located in the 21c Museum Hotel, The Hive offers an eclectic menu featuring dishes made with locally grown and seasonal ingredients. Their innovative culinary creations make for a delightful dining experience.
- Table Mesa Bistro: Craving something different? Table Mesa Bistro is the place to go for delicious Latin-Asian fusion cuisine. Enjoy their sushi rolls, tacos, and unique flavor combinations.
- Crepes Paulette: For a taste of France, head to Crepes Paulette. They serve a variety of sweet and savory crepes made to order with fresh and high-quality ingredients.
Each of these local restaurants in Bentonville, Arkansas offers a distinct culinary experience that will leave you satisfied. Whether you’re in the mood for American classics, Southern comfort food, farm-to-table dishes, or international flavors, Bentonville has it all.
What Are Some Family-Friendly Activities in Bentonville, Arkansas?
There are plenty of family-friendly activities to enjoy in Bentonville, Arkansas. Whether you’re interested in art, history, nature, or simply spending quality time together, there is something for everyone in this vibrant city. Visit Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art for a world-class museum experience that offers family-friendly exhibits and interactive activities for all ages. Explore the Walmart Museum and learn about the history of Walmart and the impact it has had on the Bentonville community. Enjoy outdoor activities at the scenic Ozark Mountains, where you can go hiking, camping, or fishing. Shop and dine at the Bentonville Square, which is filled with unique shops, restaurants, and entertainment options that the whole family can enjoy. Go mountain biking at Slaughter Pen Trail, a mountain bike trail system that offers a variety of trails for different skill levels. Discover the rich Native American history of the region at the Museum of Native American History through exhibits and artifacts. Visit the Amazeum, an interactive children’s museum that features hands-on exhibits and activities. Experience the beauty of the Compton Gardens and Conference Center by taking a leisurely stroll through the gardens and enjoying the peaceful atmosphere. Take a tour of the Bentonville Brewing Company to learn about the beer-making process and sample some local brews. Lastly, attend the Bentonville Film Festival, an annual event that showcases a variety of films and offers family-friendly screenings and activities.
Are There Any Hiking Trails in Bentonville, Arkansas?
In Bentonville, Arkansas, there are indeed hiking trails available for outdoor enthusiasts. You might be interested in exploring popular trails such as the Coler Mountain Bike Preserve, the Slaughter Pen Trail, and the Blowing Springs Trail. These trails showcase the natural beauty of the Ozark Mountains and offer a variety of landscapes to admire.
If you choose to visit the Coler Mountain Bike Preserve, you will find a network of well-maintained hiking trails within a beautiful forested area. These trails cater to hikers of different skill levels, from beginners to experienced individuals.
A must-visit is the Slaughter Pen Trail, which provides breathtaking views of the surrounding landscape. This trail is renowned for its challenging terrain and is highly favored by both mountain bikers and hikers.
For a more relaxed hike, the Blowing Springs Trail is perfect. It meanders by a picturesque waterfall and offers stunning views of the countryside. This trail is suitable for hikers of all skill levels.
No matter what kind of hiking experience you seek, Bentonville, Arkansas has trails to accommodate your preferences. So, grab your hiking boots and immerse yourself in the charming natural beauty this city has to offer.
An interesting fact about Bentonville, Arkansas is that it is home to the world-class Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art. This museum boasts a remarkable collection of art and sculptures, all set in a picturesque ambiance.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some popular attractions in Bentonville, Arkansas?
Some popular attractions in Bentonville, Arkansas include the Crystal Bridges Museum of American Art, the Scott Family Amazeum, the Walmart Museum, the Frank Lloyd Wright house at Crystal Bridges, and the Bentonville Town Square.
Are there any outdoor activities in Bentonville?
Yes, Bentonville offers plenty of outdoor activities. Visitors can explore the trails at Osage Park and the Razorback Greenway, engage in mountain biking at Coler Creek MTB Preserve, and enjoy the beautiful outdoor art and walking paths at Crystal Bridges Museum.
What are some unique features of Bentonville?
Bentonville is known for its world-class museums, such as Crystal Bridges and The Momentary. It also has a vibrant downtown square, a variety of chef-driven restaurants, a strong focus on public art, and a mix of historic and modern attractions.
Can you recommend any places to eat in Bentonville?
There are plenty of dining options in Bentonville. Some recommended restaurants include Eleven, Crepes Paulette, Bentonville Taco and Tamale, Azul Tequila Bistro, Wright’s Barbecue, Table Mesa Bistro, Blu Fish House, and AOI Sushi.
Where can I find information about events happening in Bentonville?
You can find information about events happening in Bentonville by checking the event calendar on the official visitbentonville.com website or by downloading the travel guide, which provides detailed information about attractions, dining options, and events.
What are some recommended activities for families in Bentonville?
Bentonville offers several family-friendly attractions, such as the Scott Family Amazeum, the Walmart Museum with a scavenger hunt, and the outdoor activities at Osage Park. Families can also enjoy the interactive exhibits and educational programs at Crystal Bridges Museum.
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.