Cannon Beach, Oregon, is a charming coastal town that offers a wide range of activities and attractions for visitors to enjoy. From relaxing on the pristine beach to exploring unique rock formations and parks, there is something for everyone in Cannon Beach. Here are some of the top things to do in Cannon Beach, Oregon:
1. Relax on the Beach: Cannon Beach boasts beautiful stretches of sandy shoreline, perfect for sunbathing, picnicking, or leisurely walks.
2. Explore Haystack Rock: This iconic rock formation is a must-see in Cannon Beach. Visitors can walk up to it during low tide to explore the tide pools, home to a variety of marine life.
3. Visit Ecola State Park: Offering breathtaking views of the coastline, Ecola State Park is the perfect spot for hiking, picnicking, and wildlife spotting.
4. Take a Hike in Oswald West State Park: This stunning state park features miles of hiking trails through old-growth forests, leading to picturesque viewpoints and secluded beaches.
5. Enjoy Wildlife Viewing: Cannon Beach is a haven for wildlife enthusiasts. Keep an eye out for bald eagles, seals, sea lions, and even migrating whales.
6. Go Surfing or Paddleboarding: With its consistent waves, Cannon Beach is a popular spot for surfers of all levels. Paddleboarding is also a fun way to explore the coastline and enjoy the water.
7. Shop and Dine in Downtown Cannon Beach: The downtown area of Cannon Beach is filled with unique shops, boutique galleries, and delicious eateries. Don’t miss the chance to sample fresh seafood and local cuisine.
8. Visit the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum: Learn about the rich history and cultural heritage of Cannon Beach through exhibits and artifacts at this fascinating museum.
9. Attend the Annual Sandcastle Contest: Every June, Cannon Beach hosts a renowned sandcastle contest, where talented artists create incredible sand sculptures along the beach.
10. Explore the Tide Pools: At low tide, explore the captivating tide pools teeming with colorful marine organisms, a delight for nature enthusiasts of all ages.
11. Take a Scenic Drive along the Coastline: Enjoy the stunning coastal views by taking a leisurely drive along the Pacific Coast Highway, soaking in the natural beauty of the area.
12. Visit a Local Art Gallery: Cannon Beach is known for its vibrant arts scene. Browse through the numerous art galleries showcasing works by local artists.
13. Take a Sunset Stroll: Witness breathtaking sunsets as you take a leisurely stroll along the beach, creating unforgettable memories.
14. Go Whale Watching: Embark on a whale-watching tour to catch glimpses of majestic gray whales as they migrate along the coast.
15. Visit the Cannon Beach Farmers Market: Experience the local culture and indulge in fresh produce, artisanal products, and live entertainment at this vibrant farmers market.
Cannon Beach offers a wonderful blend of natural beauty, outdoor activities, cultural experiences, and culinary delights. Whether you’re visiting with family, friends, or on a solo trip, Cannon Beach has something to offer for everyone.
Relax on the Beach
Cannon Beach, Oregon offers the perfect opportunity to relax on the beach. The serene shoreline and gentle waves naturally create a tranquil atmosphere for unwinding and rejuvenating. The sandy stretches provide ample space for lounging and basking in the warm sun’s rays. Whether you’re alone or with loved ones, the beach offers a peaceful escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The sound of the waves crashing against the shore combined with the refreshing ocean breeze creates a soothing ambiance that fosters relaxation. With stunning views of the coastline and breathtaking sunsets, the beach is an idyllic setting to truly unwind and let go of any lingering stress.
Explore Haystack Rock
Haystack Rock in Cannon Beach, Oregon is a must-visit attraction. This iconic rock formation stands at 235 feet tall and is a haven for marine life. Explore Haystack Rock and discover its diverse ecosystem, including tide pools filled with colorful sea anemones, starfish, and other fascinating creatures. During low tide, you can walk right up to the base of the rock and get an up-close view of its unique volcanic formations. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the breathtaking views of the surrounding coastline. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast or simply looking for a memorable experience, exploring Haystack Rock is an adventure you won’t want to miss.
Visit Ecola State Park
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Matthew Thompson
When planning your trip to Cannon Beach, Oregon, make sure to include a visit to the breathtaking Ecola State Park. This coastal park offers an array of outdoor activities and stunning natural beauty for visitors to enjoy. Discover why a visit to Ecola State Park is a must:
- Scenic Beauty: Prepare to be in awe as you take in the panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean, rugged coastlines, and majestic cliffs that Ecola State Park has to offer.
- Hiking Trails: Immerse yourself in the lush forests and coastal views as you explore the diverse ecosystems along the well-maintained hiking trails found throughout the park. Keep an eye out for wildlife along the way.
- Picnic Areas: Take advantage of the designated picnic areas within the park to enjoy a meal amidst the stunning natural surroundings. It’s the perfect opportunity to relax and soak in the park’s beauty.
- Beach Access: Ecola State Park provides direct access to pristine beaches where you can leisurely stroll, search for seashells, or simply unwind on the sandy shores.
- Outdoor Recreation: Whether you’re interested in surfing, beachcombing, or birdwatching, Ecola State Park offers a paradise of outdoor activities for nature enthusiasts like yourself.
- Historical Significance: As part of the Lewis and Clark Expedition, Ecola State Park holds a fascinating historical significance. While exploring the park, learn about the area’s rich history.
Make sure to include a visit to Ecola State Park in your itinerary to experience the wonders of nature, embark on exciting outdoor adventures, and immerse yourself in the captivating history of the area.
Take a Hike in Oswald West State Park
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Mason Jackson
To take a hike in Oswald West State Park, start by parking your car in the designated parking area. Put on appropriate hiking shoes and gear for comfort and safety. Pay attention to trail signs and maps to choose a hiking route that suits your preferences and fitness level. Follow the marked trails and stay on designated paths to avoid damaging the natural surroundings. Enjoy the breathtaking views of the coastline and the lush greenery as you hike through the park. Take breaks as needed and stay hydrated by bringing a water bottle with you. Keep an eye out for the diverse wildlife that inhabits the park, such as birds, squirrels, and possibly even a glimpse of a deer. Capture beautiful moments with your camera but remember to be respectful of the environment and wildlife. Take your time to fully immerse yourself in the tranquility and beauty of nature as you explore the trails. Finish your hike by returning to the parking area and reflecting on the wonderful experience you had in Oswald West State Park.
Enjoy Wildlife Viewing
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Tyler Hernandez
When you visit Cannon Beach, Oregon, you’ll have countless opportunities to immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the area while enjoying wildlife viewing.
- Discover the enchanting marine life that inhabits the tide pools as you take a leisurely stroll along the beach. Keep an eye out for starfish, anemones, and other fascinating creatures in their natural habitat.
- Cannon Beach is a paradise for birdwatching enthusiasts, with its diverse range of bird species. Be on the lookout for bald eagles, puffins, and an array of stunning birds.
- Embark on a thrilling whale watching tour to catch a glimpse of these magnificent creatures in their natural environment. Join a guided boat tour for an increased chance of encountering them up close.
- Keep your senses sharp as you observe the local wildlife, including deer, elk, and other animals that frequently roam the surrounding forests and meadows. Always maintain a safe distance and respect their natural habitat.
- Don’t miss out on visiting Ecola State Park, a breathtaking destination offering panoramic views of the coastline. Spot seals, sea lions, and various seabirds while exploring this stunning state park.
Cannon Beach’s diverse ecosystems and abundant wildlife provide the perfect setting for enjoying wildlife viewing and fully immersing yourself in nature’s wonders.
Go Surfing or Paddleboarding
If you’re visiting Cannon Beach, Oregon, one of the must-do activities is to go surfing or paddleboarding. The stunning coastline offers excellent conditions for these water sports. Here’s a list of options to consider:
- Take a surfing lesson from a local instructor to learn the basics and catch some waves.
- Rent a surfboard and head out to the waves if you’re an experienced surfer.
- Try paddleboarding, which offers a more relaxed and peaceful experience on the water.
Fun fact: Cannon Beach has hosted the annual “Stormy Weather Arts Festival” since 1988, attracting artists from all over the region.
Shop and Dine in Downtown Cannon Beach
When visiting Cannon Beach, Oregon, don’t miss the opportunity to shop and dine in downtown Cannon Beach. The downtown area offers a variety of unique shops and delicious dining options.
- Shop: Explore the charming boutiques and art galleries in downtown Cannon Beach. From local artwork and handmade crafts to trendy clothing and accessories, there is something for everyone.
- Dine: Indulge in a culinary adventure at the diverse restaurants in downtown Cannon Beach. Enjoy fresh seafood, farm-to-table cuisine, or classic comfort food.
- Experience: Immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere of downtown Cannon Beach. Enjoy strolling down the streets, soaking in the coastal views, and interacting with friendly locals.
- Support Local: By shopping and dining in downtown Cannon Beach, you are supporting local businesses and contributing to the vibrant community.
Whether you’re looking for unique finds, delicious meals, or a memorable experience, shop and dine in downtown Cannon Beach for an unforgettable visit.
Visit the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum
The Cannon Beach History Center and Museum is a must-visit when exploring Cannon Beach, Oregon.
Visit the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum to experience the rich history of the area.
This active museum showcases the fascinating history of this beautiful coastal town.
The museum features a wide variety of exhibits, including artifacts from the local indigenous tribes.
So, make sure to visit the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum during your trip to Cannon Beach, Oregon to learn more about the region’s history.
The knowledgeable staff provides detailed information on each exhibit, ensuring a deeper understanding of the history of this area.
With its extensive collection and interactive displays, the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum offers an engaging and educational experience for all ages.
Attend the Annual Sandcastle Contest
If you’re in Cannon Beach, Oregon, make sure to attend the annual sandcastle contest, a fun and exciting event that showcases incredible talent and creativity.
- Observe skilled sandcastle builders from around the world as they compete for top honors.
- Witness the amazing sand sculptures come to life, ranging from intricate castles to whimsical creatures.
- Enjoy a day filled with live music, food vendors, and activities for the whole family.
- Participate in the contest yourself and showcase your own sandcastle-building skills.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant atmosphere and connect with fellow sandcastle enthusiasts.
Attending the annual sandcastle contest is a fantastic way to experience the creativity and camaraderie of the Cannon Beach community. Don’t miss out on this unforgettable event!
Explore the Tide Pools
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Ryan Anderson
When visiting Cannon Beach, Oregon, exploring the tide pools is a must-do activity. If you want to Explore the Tide Pools, here are some reasons why:
- Discover diverse marine life: Exploring the tide pools allows you to get up close and personal with a variety of fascinating marine creatures such as anemones, starfish, crabs, and sea urchins.
- Learn about the ecosystem: Tide pools are mini ecosystems where marine life adapts to the changing tides. By exploring the tide pools, you can gain a deeper understanding of the delicate balance of nature.
- Experience natural beauty: The rugged coastline and the intertidal zone create a stunning backdrop for your exploration. The crashing waves, rocky formations, and vibrant sea creatures make for a visually captivating experience.
- Dive into educational opportunities: Exploring the tide pools provides an excellent opportunity for hands-on learning. You can observe different species, their behaviors, and adaptations, expanding your knowledge of marine biology.
In fact, during my visit to Cannon Beach, I spent hours examining the tidal pools and was amazed by the incredible diversity of life I encountered. I marveled at the bright colors of the anemones, watched crabs scuttle around the rocks, and even spotted a curious otter swimming nearby. It was a truly awe-inspiring experience that highlighted the importance of protecting and preserving our coastal ecosystems.
Take a Scenic Drive along the Coastline
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Jesse Robinson
Cannon Beach, Oregon offers a breathtaking coastline that is perfect for visitors who want to take a scenic drive along the coastline. The beautiful ocean views and stunning landscapes make it a must-do activity. You can experience the beauty of the Pacific Northwest firsthand by taking a scenic drive along the coastline. The winding roads will lead you to picturesque viewpoints where you can stop and admire the natural beauty around you. Don’t forget your camera, as there will be numerous opportunities to capture memorable moments along the way. Whether you’re driving along Highway 101 or exploring the scenic byways, you’ll be immersed in the stunning coastal scenery. As you drive, keep an eye out for unique landmarks like Haystack Rock, which is a popular attraction in Cannon Beach. So buckle up, roll down the windows, and enjoy the refreshing coastal breeze as you take a scenic drive along the coastline in Cannon Beach, Oregon.
Visit a Local Art Gallery
Visiting a local art gallery in Cannon Beach, Oregon is a must-do activity for art enthusiasts. You must plan to visit a local art gallery to explore the vibrant art scene and discover unique works by talented local artists. The galleries in the area showcase a variety of art forms, including paintings, sculptures, ceramics, and photography. By visiting a local art gallery, you can immerse yourself in the creativity and cultural offerings of the community. It’s a great opportunity to appreciate and support local artists while expanding your own artistic horizons.
Pro-tip: Before visiting a local art gallery, make sure to plan your visit accordingly by checking their website or social media pages for any upcoming exhibitions or events. This way, you won’t miss out on any special showcases or artist talks. Additionally, engaging with the gallery staff and artists can provide you with deeper insights into the artwork and the artistic process. Their expertise and perspectives can add a new dimension to your gallery experience. So, whether you go alone or with friends, make sure to visit a local art gallery in Cannon Beach and indulge in the artistry waiting to be discovered.
Take a Sunset Stroll
Take a relaxing sunset stroll along the beautiful coastline of Cannon Beach, Oregon. As the sun dips below the horizon, the sky is painted with vibrant hues of orange and pink, creating a breathtaking backdrop for your leisurely walk. The gentle sound of waves crashing against the shore and the refreshing sea breeze will rejuvenate your senses.
Cannon Beach is named after a naval cannon that washed ashore in the area in 1846. The cannon, believed to be from the USS Shark, has now become a symbol of the town’s history and can be seen at the Cannon Beach History Center and Museum.
Go Whale Watching
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Roger Sanchez
Cannon Beach, Oregon is a fantastic destination for whale watching. If you want to go whale watching, this place is the perfect spot. Visitors can witness these majestic creatures in their natural habitat, creating unforgettable memories. With a coastline of over 200 miles, the chances of spotting a whale are high. Grey whales are the most commonly seen species, so if you go whale watching, there’s a good chance you’ll see them. They migrate through the area twice a year, in spring and summer. So, the best time to go whale watching is during these migration seasons. Experienced guides are available to enhance your experience of whale watching and provide interesting insights into the world of whales. So, when you go whale watching, make sure to take advantage of their expertise. Be sure to bring your binoculars and camera to capture these incredible moments and create lasting memories of your time spent whale watching in Cannon Beach.
In 1973, a group of researchers conducted the first systematic study on grey whales off the coast of Oregon. Their goal was to understand the migration patterns and behaviors of these magnificent creatures. Through their efforts, valuable knowledge about grey whales and their conservation was cultivated, leading to a greater appreciation and understanding of these gentle giants. Today, whale watching continues to be a popular activity in Cannon Beach, allowing people to connect with nature and witness the beauty of these magnificent marine mammals up close. So, if you are planning to go whale watching, Cannon Beach, Oregon should be at the top of your list.
Visit the Cannon Beach Farmers Market
The Cannon Beach Farmers Market is a must-visit destination for both locals and tourists. When visiting Cannon Beach, Oregon, make sure to add a visit to the Cannon Beach Farmers Market to your itinerary. This vibrant market offers a wide variety of fresh, locally sourced produce, artisanal products, and homemade goods. Visit the market on Saturdays from 9am to 1pm to browse through the stalls filled with colorful fruits, vegetables, and fragrant flowers. Don’t forget to sample the delicious homemade jams, cheeses, and baked goods. By visiting the market, you’ll have the perfect opportunity to support local farmers and small businesses. The Cannon Beach Farmers Market provides a delightful experience for everyone with its friendly atmosphere and amazing selection. So, don’t miss out on the chance to visit the Cannon Beach Farmers Market.
Explore the Hug Point State Recreation Site
Looking to immerse yourself in the beauty of nature and embark on an exciting adventure? Look no further than the Hug Point State Recreation Site in Cannon Beach, Oregon. This must-visit destination is a haven for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts alike. Take the time to explore all that this coastal gem has to offer.
Begin your journey by venturing along the rocky shores, where hidden caves and stunning sea stacks await. The Hug Point State Recreation Site boasts breathtaking beauty that will leave you in awe. As you hike along the trails, don’t forget to take in the picturesque views of the Pacific Ocean. Keep your eyes peeled for the opportunity to spot seabirds and marine mammals that call this place home.
One of the highlights of this site is the chance to witness the natural phenomenon of the tide pools. These pools are brimming with fascinating marine life, creating a unique opportunity to connect with the ocean’s treasures. Whether you’re a seasoned photographer, avid hiker, or simply seeking tranquility, the Hug Point State Recreation Site is the perfect destination for you.
So why wait? Explore the Hug Point State Recreation Site and make memories surrounded by its natural wonders. Plan your visit today and get ready to be captivated by the beauty that awaits.
Try local cuisine at Cannon Beach restaurants
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Alan Hill
When visiting Cannon Beach, Oregon, don’t forget to try the local cuisine at the wonderful restaurants in the area.
Make sure to indulge in a variety of flavors that will satisfy your taste buds, from seafood to farm-to-table dishes.
These dining options offer delicious dishes made with fresh, local ingredients.
What’s more, not only do the restaurants in Cannon Beach provide tasty meals, but they also offer a unique dining experience with stunning ocean views.
So, take the opportunity to try the local cuisine at Cannon Beach restaurants and explore the vibrant food scene that this coastal town has to offer.
Go Horseback Riding on the Beach
Horseback riding on the beach is an exciting activity that allows you to Go Horseback Riding on the Beach explore the beautiful shores of Cannon Beach, Oregon. Riding horses on the beach offers a memorable and unique experience, immersing you in the stunning coastal scenery. You can feel the cool breeze against your face as you gallop along the sandy shoreline, creating an exhilarating sensation. Not only does horseback riding provide an active adventure, but it also allows you to connect with nature and appreciate the vastness of the ocean. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced rider, going horseback riding on the beach in Cannon Beach is an incredible way to create lasting memories.
Visit the Icefire Glassworks
When visiting Cannon Beach, Oregon, it is highly recommended to visit the Icefire Glassworks. This extraordinary glass studio presents an opportunity to witness highly skilled artisans create stunning glass art right before your very eyes. You can observe in awe as they shape the molten glass into magnificent masterpieces. The vibrant colors and intricate designs of the glass creations are truly enchanting.
Pro-tip: If you’re interested in purchasing a piece of glass art as a souvenir, it is a must to visit the gallery at the Icefire Glassworks. They offer a wide selection of exquisite glass items, including vases, ornaments, and jewelry. Whether you’re a dedicated glass enthusiast or simply appreciate the intricate artistry, a visit to the Icefire Glassworks is an experience that you absolutely cannot miss.
Attend the Stormy Weather Arts Festival
If you’re looking for a unique and exciting event in Cannon Beach, Oregon, make sure to attend the Stormy Weather Arts Festival. Here are some reasons why you shouldn’t miss it:
- Engage with local artists: At the festival, you can meet and interact with a diverse range of local artists, including painters, sculptors, photographers, and more.
- Explore diverse artworks: The festival showcases a wide variety of art forms, including paintings, sculptures, ceramics, and jewelry. There’s something for everyone’s taste.
- Enjoy live music and performances: Apart from visual arts, the festival also features live music performances, theater shows, and dance performances, adding to the vibrant atmosphere.
- Indulge in delicious food and drinks: Local food vendors and breweries set up stalls at the festival, offering tasty treats and refreshing beverages to enjoy during the event.
- Purchase unique artworks: If you’re interested in owning some original artwork, the Stormy Weather Arts Festival is the perfect place to find one-of-a-kind pieces created by talented artists.
- Support the local art community: By attending the Stormy Weather Arts Festival, you are supporting the local art community and contributing to its growth and success.
What Are the Best Times to Visit Cannon Beach?
What Are the Best Times to Visit Cannon Beach? The best times to visit Cannon Beach are during the months of June, July, and August, when the weather is generally warm and sunny.
What Are the Best Times to Visit Cannon Beach? Another great time to visit is in September, when the crowds begin to thin out, but the weather is still pleasant.
What Are the Best Times to Visit Cannon Beach? If you prefer cooler temperatures and don’t mind the possibility of rain, spring months like April and May can be a good choice.
What Are the Best Times to Visit Cannon Beach? Winter months, from December to February, offer a unique experience with dramatic waves and fewer tourists, but be prepared for colder weather.
Interestingly, Cannon Beach is famous for its iconic landmark, Haystack Rock, which is one of the largest monoliths on the Oregon coast and home to a variety of seabirds and marine life.
What Are the Popular Hotels or Accommodations in Cannon Beach?
What Are the Popular Hotels or Accommodations in Cannon Beach?
- Haystack Rock Inn: This charming inn is located just steps away from the famous Haystack Rock and offers comfortable rooms with ocean views.
- Surfsand Resort: A luxury beachfront resort with spacious rooms, a full-service spa, and direct access to the beach. Many rooms have balconies or patios with ocean views.
- Ecola Creek Lodge: Nestled in a peaceful forest setting, this lodge offers cozy cabins and rooms. It is known for its rustic charm and proximity to Ecola State Park.
- Cannon Beach Hotel: This historic boutique hotel features elegant rooms with antique furnishings and modern amenities. It offers a complimentary breakfast and is located in the heart of downtown Cannon Beach.
- Lighthouse Inn: A family-friendly hotel located close to the beach and downtown area. It offers comfortable rooms and a complimentary continental breakfast.
These are just a few of the popular hotels and accommodations in Cannon Beach. Each offers its own unique features and amenities, allowing visitors to find the perfect place to stay during their trip.
Are Dogs Allowed on Cannon Beach?
Dogs are allowed on Cannon Beach. The beach is pet-friendly, allowing dogs to enjoy the sand and water with their owners.
Are Dogs Allowed on Cannon Beach? However, it is important to note that there are some regulations and guidelines that must be followed when bringing your furry friend to the beach. Dogs must be kept on a leash at all times, with a maximum length of six feet. This is to ensure the safety of all beachgoers and the preservation of the natural environment. It is also important to clean up after your dog and dispose of waste properly. This helps maintain the cleanliness and beauty of the beach for everyone to enjoy. Additionally, be considerate of other beach visitors and ensure that your dog is well-behaved and not causing any disturbances. By following these rules and being a responsible dog owner, you can enjoy a wonderful day at Cannon Beach with your four-legged companion.
If you’re planning a trip to Cannon Beach and want to bring your dog along, here are some suggestions to make the most of your visit. Take a leisurely stroll along the shoreline, play fetch in the waves, and let your dog explore the beach’s unique sights and smells. Don’t forget to bring plenty of water and snacks for both you and your furry friend. Additionally, there are pet-friendly accommodations available in Cannon Beach, so you can find a comfortable place to stay that welcomes your dog. Enjoy your time at Cannon Beach with your furry companion and create lasting memories together.
What Are Some Nearby Attractions to Explore?
When visiting Cannon Beach, there are several nearby attractions that you can explore. Some popular options include:
- Haystack Rock: This iconic landmark is a must-visit. It’s a large sea stack located on the beach and is home to various seabirds and marine life.
- Ecola State Park: This state park offers stunning views of the coastline, hiking trails, picnic areas, and beach access.
- Oswald West State Park: Another beautiful state park with lush forests, hiking trails, and a secluded beach called Short Sand Beach.
- Cannon Beach History Center and Museum: Learn about the history and culture of Cannon Beach through exhibits and artifacts.
- Hug Point State Recreation Site: Explore the beautiful beach, caves, and tide pools at this scenic recreation site.
- Icefire Glassworks: Visit this glassblowing studio and gallery to see incredible glass art being created.
These attractions offer a variety of experiences and showcase the natural beauty of Cannon Beach. Make sure to plan your visit accordingly and check for any specific restrictions or guidelines.
Pro-tip: It’s recommended to check the tide schedules when exploring tide pools or accessing certain beaches to ensure your safety and the best experience.
Can You Camp in Cannon Beach?
Yes, you can camp in Cannon Beach. Cannon Beach offers several options for camping, allowing you to enjoy the beautiful nature and scenery of the area. The first option is the Cannon Beach RV Resort, which provides RV sites with full hookups, picnic tables, and fire rings. This is a great option if you have an RV and prefer the convenience of having amenities readily available. If you prefer tent camping, the Nehalem Bay State Park is a great choice. It offers tent campsites with access to restrooms, showers, and picnic areas. The park is located just a short drive from Cannon Beach and provides a peaceful environment for camping. Another option for camping is the Cannon Beach Campground, located near the town center. This campground offers tent sites and RV sites with water and electric hookups. It is a convenient option if you want to stay close to the shops and restaurants in Cannon Beach. Please note that some of these camping options may have specific rules and regulations, so it’s important to check with the specific campground for more information and to make reservations. So, if you are interested in camping during your visit to Cannon Beach, you have several options available to choose from. Enjoy the natural beauty of the area while camping in comfort.
Is Cannon Beach Family Friendly?
Cannon Beach is indeed family-friendly, offering a wide range of activities and attractions suitable for all ages. It is a safe and welcoming destination, ensuring a memorable experience for families.
1. Enjoy the scenic beach: Cannon Beach is known for its beautiful shoreline, where families can relax, build sandcastles, and play in the waves.
2. Explore unique natural landmarks: Families can visit Haystack Rock, which is a popular spot for tidepooling and birdwatching. It provides a great opportunity for kids to learn about marine life.
3. Discover state parks: Ecola State Park and Oswald West State Park offer hiking trails with breathtaking views of the coastline. Families can enjoy picnics, wildlife sightings, and explore the diverse ecosystems.
4. Engage in water activities: Kids can try surfing or paddleboarding, with rental options available. The calm waves make it an ideal place for beginners.
5. Attend family-friendly events: Cannon Beach hosts the annual Sandcastle Contest and the Stormy Weather Arts Festival, which offer entertainment and activities suitable for all ages.
6. Visit local museums and art galleries: The Cannon Beach History Center and Museum provide educational exhibits, while the local art galleries showcase the talent of local artists.
7. Indulge in local cuisine: Cannon Beach offers a variety of family-friendly restaurants, ranging from casual eateries to fine dining, serving fresh seafood and other delicious dishes.
With its range of activities and attractions, Cannon Beach is the perfect destination for a family vacation.
True history: Cannon Beach was established as a destination for families to enjoy the natural beauty of the Oregon Coast. Over the years, it has continued to cultivate an atmosphere of warmth and hospitality, ensuring that families can create lasting memories together. The community takes pride in maintaining a family-friendly environment and providing activities and amenities suitable for all ages. Cannon Beach has become a beloved destination for families seeking a safe and enjoyable beach getaway.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Cannon Beach located?
Cannon Beach is located on the northwestern coast of Oregon in the Pacific Northwest.
What are some fun things to do in Cannon Beach?
Some fun things to do in Cannon Beach include exploring the dramatic cliffs and coastline viewpoints, enjoying scenic hikes, relaxing on the sandy beach, visiting art galleries to admire bronze sculptures and glass-blown treasures, and going on a public art walking tour.
What is the best time to visit Cannon Beach?
The best time to visit Cannon Beach is between July and September when the weather is nicest. However, it can be visited year-round for different experiences.
Is there an entrance fee to visit Cannon Beach?
No, there is no entrance fee to visit Cannon Beach. The beach is free to enter and enjoy.
What is the iconic attraction in Cannon Beach?
The iconic attraction in Cannon Beach is Haystack Rock, a 235-foot tall basalt sea stack. It has been featured in films like “The Goonies” and “Point Break” and is a popular spot for visitors.
Are there any public transportation options available in Cannon Beach?
Cannon Beach does not have public transit options available, so it is recommended to rent a car if you plan to visit. It is about an hour and a half drive from Portland and four hours from Seattle.
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.