Chattanooga, Tennessee (TN) is a wonderful destination for a family vacation, offering a wide range of fun and educational activities for kids. From interactive museums to outdoor adventures, there is something for children of all ages to enjoy. Here are some of the top things to do in Chattanooga with kids:
1. Visit the Tennessee Aquarium: Explore the fascinating marine life and enjoy interactive exhibits at this award-winning aquarium.
2. Explore the Creative Discovery Museum: Let your children’s imaginations run wild with hands-on activities and exhibits that promote learning through play.
3. Take a Ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway: Enjoy a scenic and thrilling ride on the world’s steepest passenger railway, offering breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
4. Enjoy Outdoor Activities at Coolidge Park: This riverside park features a beautifully restored carousel, a splash pad, and ample space for picnicking and playing.
5. Go on a Riverboat Cruise along the Tennessee River: Embark on a scenic cruise and learn about the history and culture of Chattanooga while enjoying the views.
6. Discover Science at the Hunter Museum of American Art: Engage your kids in art and science at this museum that combines innovative exhibits with stunning artwork.
7. Visit the Chattanooga Zoo: Get up close and personal with a variety of animals and enjoy educational programs and exhibits designed for young minds.
8. Explore the Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center: Take a leisurely stroll through beautiful gardens and encounter wildlife in their natural habitats.
9. Have Fun at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum: Step back in time and explore vintage steam trains, take a ride on a historic train, and learn about the history of rail travel.
10. Take a Walk on Walnut Street Bridge: Enjoy scenic views of Chattanooga’s downtown area as you walk across the longest pedestrian bridge in the world.
With plenty of free things to do, abundant outdoor activities, educational attractions, and family-friendly dining options, Chattanooga is the perfect destination for a memorable and enjoyable family getaway.
Visit the Tennessee Aquarium
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Daniel Nelson
A visit to the Tennessee Aquarium is a must when exploring Chattanooga with kids. The aquarium offers a captivating experience, immersing visitors in the wonders of aquatic life. One of the highlights of the aquarium is the impressive Ocean Journey exhibit, where you can walk through a glass tunnel surrounded by sharks, stingrays, and other fascinating marine species. It’s a truly immersive experience that will leave you in awe.
As you explore the aquarium, you can observe a diverse range of marine creatures, including colorful fish, playful otters, and mesmerizing jellyfish. The exhibits are designed to educate and entertain, making it an exciting and educational outing for the whole family. Whether your kids are animal lovers or simply curious about the world beneath the sea, a visit to the Tennessee Aquarium is sure to create lasting memories. Don’t miss this opportunity to explore the wonders of marine life up close and personal.
Explore the Creative Discovery Museum
The Creative Discovery Museum is the perfect place for kids to explore and learn. They can engage in imaginative play, experiment with science, and discover the wonders of art. The museum boosts creativity, enhances problem-solving skills, and cultivates a love for learning. Visitors have the opportunity to explore different areas such as the Riverplay exhibit, where they can experiment with water and learn about its properties. In the Art Studio, kids can express their creativity through various art mediums. The Discovery Garden provides a hands-on gardening experience, teaching children about nature and sustainability. With its diverse exhibits and engaging activities, the Creative Discovery Museum offers a fun and educational experience for kids of all ages.
Take a Ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway
If you’re visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee with kids, take a ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway, the steepest passenger railway in the world. This historic railway, in operation since 1895, is a must-see attraction in the area.
- When you ride the railway, you’ll have the opportunity to experience breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- The railway climbs about one mile and reaches an incline of 72.7%, providing an exciting and unique way to explore Lookout Mountain and enjoy the beauty of the natural surroundings.
- Choose between indoor and outdoor seating options, selecting the experience that suits you and your family best.
- Don’t forget your camera to capture the stunning vistas along the way.
- Taking a ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway is a great opportunity for kids to learn about the history of the railway and the local area.
- Educational displays and exhibits are also available for visitors to learn more about the railway’s construction and operation.
Enjoy Outdoor Activities at Coolidge Park
To fully enjoy outdoor activities at Coolidge Park in Chattanooga, Tennessee, there are a variety of options available:
- Carousel: Embark on a delightful ride on the beautifully restored 1894 antique carousel, showcasing meticulously hand-carved animals for a truly fun-filled experience.
- Water features: Beat the summer heat by cooling off in the interactive water fountain or taking a refreshing dip in the children’s play pool.
- Picnic areas: Experience a delightful picnic with your loved ones by bringing along a packed lunch and utilizing the designated picnic areas spread throughout the park.
- Walking and biking trails: Immerse yourself in the park’s breathtaking views and picturesque riverfront by leisurely strolling or enjoying a bike ride along the well-maintained trails.
- Sporting activities: Engage in a variety of outdoor sports, such as soccer, frisbee, or catch, in the spacious grassy areas available within the park.
Coolidge Park holds immense historical significance as it was originally the site of the first horse-drawn carriage bridge across the Tennessee River. This bridge, known as the Walnut Street Bridge, played a vital role in the city’s development and transportation. Presently, the park stands as a testament to Chattanooga’s rich history while providing a perfect setting for families to relish outdoor recreational activities.
Go on a Riverboat Cruise along the Tennessee River
A riverboat cruise along the Tennessee River offers a scenic and enjoyable experience for families visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee.
You can embark on this adventure with your kids and go on a riverboat cruise along the Tennessee River to explore the beauty of the river while learning about its history.
The cruise offers a unique opportunity to see the city from a different perspective and enjoy the calming waters.
Cruising along the Tennessee River is a popular activity for tourists and locals alike.
The gentle waves and picturesque views create a relaxing atmosphere that the whole family can enjoy.
So, if you’re looking for a memorable experience in Chattanooga, don’t miss the opportunity to go on a riverboat cruise along the Tennessee River.
Discover Science at the Hunter Museum of American Art
Discover Science at the Hunter Museum of American Art with these engaging activities:
- Explore interactive exhibits that showcase the intersection of art and science, providing a unique learning experience for visitors of all ages.
- Participate in hands-on experiments and demonstrations led by knowledgeable staff, allowing you to delve deeper into various scientific concepts.
- Engage with works of art that incorporate scientific themes or techniques, fostering a deeper understanding of the connections between art and science.
- Attend educational programs and workshops focused on scientific topics, offering opportunities to learn from experts in the field and engage in meaningful discussions.
- Discover the rich history of scientific advancements in America through exhibits that highlight important discoveries and innovations.
By discovering science at the Hunter Museum of American Art, you can gain a new perspective on the way art and science intersect, fostering a greater appreciation for both disciplines.
Visit the Chattanooga Zoo
When visiting the Chattanooga Zoo with kids, it is a must-visit. The zoo is home to a diverse range of animals, offering children an opportunity to learn about wildlife and conservation. Kids will be able to see lions, giraffes, monkeys, and many other fascinating creatures. The zoo also offers educational programs and interactive exhibits, making it an engaging and informative experience for children.
Pro-tip: Plan your visit to the Chattanooga Zoo ahead of time to make the most of your day. Check the zoo’s website for their daily schedule of animal feedings and shows. Arriving early in the morning can help you beat the crowds and provide more opportunities for children to interact with the animals. Don’t forget to bring sunscreen, hats, and comfortable shoes for everyone’s enjoyment.
Explore the Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Wayne Allen
The Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center offers a fantastic opportunity to explore nature with kids. Embrace the chance to Explore the Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center, where visitors can engage in various outdoor activities and partake in educational programs. Hike through the stunning arboretum brimming with a diverse collection of trees and plants. Delve into interactive exhibits at the nature center that sheds light on the local flora and fauna. It’s a place where kids can learn and understand the importance of conservation and environmental stewardship. Don’t miss out on the guided tours, where knowledgeable guides share captivating facts about the area. Come and explore the wonders of nature at the Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center, and let your children be amazed.
Have Fun at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum
The Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum is a must-visit attraction in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Here, families can have a fun and educational experience exploring the history of railroads. The museum offers a variety of activities, including train rides, tours of vintage trains, and interactive exhibits. Kids will have a blast learning about the different types of locomotives and experiencing what it was like to travel by train in the past.
To make the most of your visit to the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum, have fun at the museum and follow these suggestions:
1. Take a train ride: Hop aboard one of the historic trains and enjoy a scenic ride through the beautiful Tennessee countryside. The museum offers different routes and options, so there’s something for everyone.
2. Explore the exhibits: Immerse yourself in the world of railroading by exploring the museum’s exhibits. Learn about the history of the railroad industry, see antique rolling stock, and discover how trains impacted society. Have fun learning about the fascinating world of trains.
3. Attend special events: Keep an eye out for special events hosted by the museum, such as holiday-themed train rides or themed exhibits. These events add an extra layer of excitement and enjoyment to your visit. Make sure to have fun and participate in these special events.
4. Visit the depot: Don’t forget to stop by the depot, where you can see trains being restored and learn more about the behind-the-scenes work that goes into preserving these historic vehicles. Have fun exploring the depot and gaining insight into the restoration process.
By following these suggestions, you can have a fantastic time at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum and create lasting memories with your family. So come on over and have fun at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum!
Take a Walk on Walnut Street Bridge
When visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee with kids, take a walk on the Walnut Street Bridge. It is a must-do activity. As the longest pedestrian bridge in the world, it offers breathtaking views of the Tennessee River and the city skyline. Walking on the bridge is not just a scenic experience but also a great way to get some exercise and enjoy the outdoors. The bridge is easily accessible and open to the public all year round.
While on the bridge, you can enjoy a leisurely stroll or even bring a picnic to enjoy on one of the many benches along the way. It’s a perfect spot for capturing memorable family photos and making lasting memories. If you visit during the evening, you’ll be treated to stunning views of the city lights.
Don’t forget to explore the nearby attractions as well. You can visit the Tennessee Aquarium, which is located close to the bridge and offers educational and entertaining exhibits for kids. Another great option is to check out Coolidge Park, where kids can play on the interactive water fountain or ride the antique carousel.
So, make sure to take a walk on the Walnut Street Bridge while in Chattanooga. It’s a unique experience that allows you to appreciate the beauty of the city and spend quality time with your family.
Discover History at the Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map and Museum
Discover the fascinating history at the Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map and Museum, located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. This interactive museum offers a unique educational experience for both kids and adults.
The museum showcases the history of the Civil War battles that took place in Chattanooga through a large-scale electric map. The map comes alive with lights and sound, providing a visually engaging way to learn about the battles.
Visitors can explore the museum’s exhibits, which include artifacts, photographs, and interactive displays. Learn about the strategies and tactics employed by both the Union and Confederate forces during these historic battles.
The Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map and Museum is a must-visit for history enthusiasts and families looking to dive into the rich history of the region. It offers a unique opportunity to understand and appreciate the sacrifices made during the Civil War.
Visit the museum to discover the fascinating history of the Battles for Chattanooga and gain a deeper understanding of this significant period in American history.
When planning your visit, be sure to check the museum’s website for current hours of operation and any special exhibitions or events. Don’t forget to bring your curiosity and a desire to learn!
Learn at the Bessie Smith Cultural Center
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Larry Martin
When children visit the Bessie Smith Cultural Center, they have the opportunity to learn about African-American history and culture in Chattanooga. The center provides interactive exhibits, educational programs, and live performances that effectively engage kids and teach them about important historical figures and events. At the center, kids can discover the fascinating life and legacy of Bessie Smith, a renowned blues singer, and delve into the profound influence of African-American musicians on American music. Additionally, the center offers a variety of workshops and educational resources that further enrich the learning experience. By exploring the Bessie Smith Cultural Center, children can not only gain knowledge but also develop a deeper appreciation for diversity and a greater understanding of their cultural heritage.
Enjoy the Beauty of Ruby Falls
Ruby Falls is a breathtaking natural wonder located in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Visitors can enjoy the beauty of Ruby Falls by taking a guided tour through a stunning underground cave system. The falls themselves are an incredible sight to behold, with water cascading down from a height of 145 feet. The experience is truly awe-inspiring and is a must-see for anyone visiting the area. Taking a tour of Ruby Falls is an opportunity to explore the fascinating geological formations and witness the power and beauty of nature up close. It is an unforgettable experience that will leave you in awe and appreciation of the natural world. So, don’t miss out on the chance to enjoy the beauty of Ruby Falls when visiting Chattanooga.
Explore Rock City Gardens
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by George Rodriguez
Rock City Gardens is a must-visit attraction in Chattanooga, Tennessee. If you’re looking to explore Rock City Gardens, you’re in for a treat. This stunning natural wonder offers an immersive experience for visitors of all ages. As you explore Rock City Gardens, you’ll have the chance to meander through enchanting trails that weave through ancient rock formations. Don’t forget to stroll across the swinging bridge, which is a highlight of the experience. From Lover’s Leap, you can marvel at the breathtaking views that await you. Take a moment to soak in the panoramic vistas stretching across multiple states at the iconic seven states view. The rock formations at Rock City Gardens are truly awe-inspiring and provide a great opportunity for exploration and adventure. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, a history buff, or simply looking for a fun family activity, a visit to Rock City Gardens will surely leave you with lasting memories.
Visit the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Complex
The Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Complex is a must-visit attraction in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Visit the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Complex to experience this iconic hotel complex that offers a unique experience for visitors of all ages.
The hotel complex is housed in a historic train station, providing a charming and nostalgic atmosphere. Inside, guests can explore the beautifully renovated rooms and suites, each with its own character and charm.
One of the highlights of the Visit the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Complex is the opportunity to stay in a converted train car. Imagine sleeping in a genuine Pullman train car and waking up to the sounds of the bustling hotel complex.
Additionally, the complex offers a variety of dining options, including restaurants and cafes. Visitors can enjoy delicious meals and snacks while immersing themselves in the train-themed ambiance.
For those interested in history, the complex also features a museum that showcases the rich history of trains in the United States. Visit the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Complex to learn about the significance of trains and their impact on transportation.
Whether you’re a train enthusiast or simply looking for a unique and memorable hotel experience, visiting the Chattanooga Choo Choo Hotel Complex is a must. It’s an experience that combines history, charm, and hospitality in one unforgettable destination.
Have Fun at Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park
When visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee with kids, make sure to have fun at Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park. This exciting park offers a wide range of attractions and activities that will keep the whole family entertained.
- Ride the thrilling roller coasters, such as the Cannon Ball and the Wild Lightnin’, which will give you an adrenaline rush like no other.
- Enjoy the classic amusement park rides, including the Ferris wheel, bumper cars, and carousel, which are perfect for all ages.
- Cool off and have a blast at the water slides and splash pads in the SoakYa Waterpark section of the park.
- Challenge your family to a friendly competition at the mini-golf course or the go-kart track.
- Take a leisurely stroll around the park and enjoy the beautiful scenery, including the picturesque Lake Winnepesaukah.
- Don’t miss the live entertainment shows and concerts that are regularly hosted at Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park.
With so much to do and see, Lake Winnepesaukah Amusement Park guarantees a fun-filled day for everyone.
Learn at the Creative Discovery Museum
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Robert Williams
At the Creative Discovery Museum in Chattanooga, Tennessee, children can learn and engage in a variety of fun and educational activities. Here are some things your kids can learn at the museum:
- Science: Explore hands-on exhibits that teach kids about the laws of physics, the natural world, and the power of experimentation.
- Art: Let your kids unleash their creativity through various art projects, from painting to sculpting.
- Technology: Engage with interactive displays that introduce children to the exciting world of technology, including robotics and coding.
- Music: Discover the joy of music through musical instruments, rhythm activities, and even the chance to create your own tunes.
- Culture: Learn at the Creative Discovery Museum about different cultures and traditions through exhibits that showcase the diversity of our world.
Pro Tip: To make the most of your visit, check the museum’s website beforehand for special events, workshops, and demonstrations that may enhance your child’s learning experience.
Explore the Bluff View Art District
When visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee, taking the time to explore the Bluff View Art District is a must-do activity for art enthusiasts and families.
- Within the Bluff View Art District, visitors can explore a range of art galleries, studios, and outdoor sculptures.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant art scene and experience various art mediums in this district.
- Known for its picturesque views of the Tennessee River and stunning architecture, the Bluff View Art District is truly unique.
- Throughout the district, you will find vibrant murals and street art, adding to the artistic charm of this area.
- This district is not only a haven for art lovers, but also a great place for families to enjoy educational art activities and workshops, cultivating creativity in children.
- The Bluff View Art District offers a blend of art, culture, and natural beauty that provides a memorable experience for visitors of all ages.
- Make sure you don’t miss the opportunity to explore this artistic hub and discover the rich artistic heritage of Chattanooga.
Enjoy the Scenic Views from Lookout Mountain
When visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee, make sure to enjoy the scenic views from Lookout Mountain. From the top of Lookout Mountain, you can take in breathtaking vistas of the surrounding landscape.
Lookout Mountain offers panoramic views of the city, the Tennessee River, and the rolling hills of the region. On a clear day, you can see for miles and marvel at the beauty of nature.
The attraction on Lookout Mountain also includes popular spots like Rock City Gardens and Ruby Falls, which offer additional picturesque views and attractions for the whole family to enjoy.
During the Civil War, Lookout Mountain played a significant role in the Battle of Chattanooga. It served as a strategic vantage point for both Union and Confederate forces, leading to intense fighting and a pivotal moment in the war. Today, you can explore the historic areas and learn about the history surrounding Lookout Mountain.
Have a Relaxing Time at the Chattanooga Riverwalk
When visiting Chattanooga, Tennessee with kids, have a relaxing time at the Chattanooga Riverwalk. This scenic pathway, known for its stunning views and peaceful atmosphere, offers the perfect opportunity to unwind and connect with nature. Whether you prefer a leisurely stroll, a bike ride, or a picnic by the water, the Riverwalk is an ideal spot for families to recharge and enjoy quality time together. Escape the bustling city life and immerse yourself in the calming experience that the Chattanooga Riverwalk provides.
What Are Some Free Things to Do in Chattanooga, Tennessee?
If you’re wondering about free things to do in Chattanooga, Tennessee, here are some options:
- Experience the Tennessee Riverpark, a scenic park with walking and biking trails along the river.
- Discover Coolidge Park, which offers a stunning carousel, interactive water fountain, and spacious green areas.
- Appreciate the Bluff View Art District, where you can admire magnificent sculptures and artwork while leisurely strolling.
- Embark on a self-guided tour of the Chattanooga Choo Choo Terminal Station, a historic train station transformed into a hotel and entertainment complex.
- Explore the Downtown Riverwalk, a picturesque path that spans along the riverfront and provides breathtaking views of the city.
Whether you have an interest in outdoor activities, art, or history, Chattanooga offers a wide array of free attractions for everyone to enjoy!
Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga?
When it comes to outdoor activities in Chattanooga, you’ll find plenty of options to enjoy nature and make the most of the city’s beautiful surroundings:
- Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? Visit the Tennessee Aquarium: Explore the aquarium’s outdoor exhibits and take a walk along the riverfront.
- Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? Enjoy Outdoor Activities at Coolidge Park: This park offers a range of outdoor activities including picnicking, walking, and playing in the interactive water fountains.
- Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? Take a Ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway: Experience breathtaking views as you ride the steepest passenger railway in the world to the top of Lookout Mountain.
- Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? Go on a Riverboat Cruise along the Tennessee River: Enjoy a scenic cruise on a riverboat and admire the natural beauty along the river.
- Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? Explore the Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center: Discover the diverse plant and animal life of the region through hiking and nature trails.
- Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? Visit the Chattanooga Riverwalk: Take a leisurely stroll along the beautiful 13-mile riverwalk that follows the Tennessee River.
- Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? Enjoy the Scenic Views from Lookout Mountain: Take in the panoramic views of Chattanooga and its surrounding areas from Lookout Mountain.
Where Can You Find the Best Outdoor Activities in Chattanooga? With these outdoor activities, you can immerse yourself in nature and soak up the beauty of Chattanooga while engaging in fun and exciting experiences.
What Attractions in Chattanooga are Educational for Kids?
Chattanooga offers several educational attractions for kids to explore and learn from. What Attractions in Chattanooga are Educational for Kids?
The Tennessee Aquarium is a great place to start, where children can discover a variety of aquatic life and learn about conservation.
The Creative Discovery Museum is another educational attraction, providing interactive exhibits and activities that promote learning through play.
Kids can also take a ride on the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway, learning about the history and engineering behind this unique mode of transportation.
The Hunter Museum of American Art offers programs and exhibits that cultivate an appreciation for art and creativity.
For those interested in history, the Battles for Chattanooga Electric Map and Museum provides an immersive experience to learn about the city’s role in the Civil War.
The Bessie Smith Cultural Center offers educational exhibits highlighting the contributions of African Americans to music and culture.
Additionally, the Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center offers opportunities for kids to explore and learn about the natural world.
These attractions in Chattanooga provide educational experiences that are both engaging and enriching for children.
What Are Some Family-Friendly Dining Options in Chattanooga?
Looking for family-friendly dining options in Chattanooga? Well, you’re in luck! Chattanooga offers a variety of restaurants that cater to kids and provide a pleasant dining experience for the whole family.
- 1. The Honest Pint: Experience a family-friendly atmosphere at this popular Irish pub. They have a menu with options that kids will love, including fish and chips and chicken tenders.
- 2. The Terminal Brewhouse: Indulge in delicious burgers and handcrafted beers at this brewery and restaurant. They also offer a kids’ menu with items like grilled cheese sandwiches and mini burgers.
- 3. Clumpies Ice Cream Co.: Treat your family to some homemade ice cream at this local ice cream shop. With a variety of flavors to choose from, including options for dietary restrictions, everyone will find something they love.
- 4. Mojo Burrito: Craving Mexican food? Head to this restaurant for tasty burritos, quesadillas, and tacos. They have a kids’ menu with smaller portions and options for picky eaters.
- 5. Good Dog: If your family is a fan of hot dogs, this is the perfect place for you. They offer a wide selection of gourmet hot dogs with unique toppings, as well as vegetarian options.
- 6. Big River Grille: Check out this family-friendly brewpub with a diverse menu that includes burgers, pizzas, and salads. They also have a kids’ menu with options like chicken fingers and mac and cheese.
So, whether you’re in the mood for pub food, Mexican cuisine, or just some tasty ice cream, Chattanooga has plenty of family-friendly dining options to satisfy your cravings. These restaurants provide a welcoming atmosphere and delicious food that both kids and adults can enjoy.
Where Can You Find the Best Views of Chattanooga?
If you’re wondering where you can find the best views of Chattanooga, there are several breathtaking locations that offer stunning scenery. One of the most popular spots is Lookout Mountain, a place that provides panoramic views of the city and its surrounding natural beauty. Another option is the Walnut Street Bridge, which is a pedestrian bridge that spans the Tennessee River and offers picturesque vistas of both the river and downtown Chattanooga. Additionally, at Rock City Gardens, you can experience incredible views from its renowned “See 7 States” lookout point, where on a clear day, you can see seven different states.
If you’re looking for a more elevated experience, the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway will take you to the top of Lookout Mountain, where you can enjoy stunning views from a higher perspective. Another option is the Reflection Riding Arboretum and Nature Center, which also provides scenic views of its expansive gardens and preserved natural areas.
For a unique perspective, consider going on a riverboat cruise along the Tennessee River. This will allow you to enjoy picturesque views of the city from the water. Lastly, if you’re willing to venture outside of Chattanooga, Svalbarði offers the best views of the city along with a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to explore the remote Arctic environment.
Whether you prefer cityscapes, river views, or sweeping natural landscapes, Chattanooga has something for everyone seeking the best views of the city.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some top attractions in Chattanooga, Tennessee for families with kids?
Answer: Some top attractions in Chattanooga, Tennessee for families with kids include the Tennessee Aquarium, Ruby Falls, Rock City Gardens, Chattanooga Zoo, and the Creative Discovery Museum.
Are there any outdoor pursuits for kids in Chattanooga?
Answer: Yes, Chattanooga offers plenty of outdoor activities for kids, such as hiking along Lookout Mountain, horseback riding, kayaking, and white-water rafting on the Tennessee River.
What is the Missionary Ridge Local in Chattanooga?
Answer: The Missionary Ridge Local is a recommended train ride at the Tennessee Valley Railroad Museum in Chattanooga. It takes you on a historic journey, crossing bridges and passing through a pre-Civil War tunnel.
What is there to do at Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga?
Answer: Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga offers various activities for kids, including the Lookout Mountain Incline Railway, Rock City Gardens, and Raccoon Mountain Caverns, where you can explore caves and see unique rock formations.
Are there any family-friendly dining options in Chattanooga?
Answer: Yes, Chattanooga has a tasty dining scene with delicious restaurants that cater to families. You can enjoy a meal at the Chattanooga Choo Choo or explore the enticing art and food at the Chattanooga Market.
Can you spend the night in a train car in Chattanooga?
Answer: Yes, you can spend the night in a restored Pullman train car at the Chattanooga Choo Choo Historic Hotel. It offers a unique and memorable experience for families visiting Chattanooga.
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.