Guam, a tropical paradise in the western Pacific, offers a wide range of exciting activities and attractions for travelers. From pristine beaches to historical sites, cultural experiences to thrilling adventures, Guam has something for everyone to enjoy. Whether you’re seeking relaxation, exploration, or family-friendly fun, here are 20 things to do in Guam that will make your visit unforgettable:
1. Explore Tumon Bay and Enjoy the Beaches
2. Visit Two Lovers Point
3. Take a Dip in the Underwater World of Fish Eye Marine Park
4. Discover History at the War in the Pacific National Historical Park
5. Explore the Beauty of Ritidian Point
6. Enjoy Water Activities at Cocos Island
7. Experience the Chamorro Culture at Chamorro Village
8. Visit the Guam Museum
9. Hike to Mount Lam Lam, Guam’s Highest Peak
10. Take a Tour of the Guam Pacific War Museum
11. Enjoy Shopping and Dining at the Guam Premier Outlets
12. Explore the Ritidian Wildlife Refuge
13. Visit the Guam Indoor Shooting Range
14. Experience the Thrill of Skydiving
15. Take a Sunset Dinner Cruise
16. Visit the Valley of the Latte Adventure Park
17. Enjoy a Day at the Western Water Park
18. Take a Zipline Adventure at Talofofo Falls Park
19. Explore the Tarza Magical Adventure Zone and Water Park
20. Relax and Unwind at the Guam Hilton Resort and Spa
The best time to visit Guam is during the dry season from January to June when the weather is pleasant for outdoor activities. It’s important to be mindful of the local cultural etiquette when visiting Guam to show respect for the indigenous Chamorro people and their customs.
While in Guam, don’t miss the chance to try some of the local delicacies, such as kelaguen, red rice, BBQ ribs, and shrimp patties. Getting around Guam is convenient with a rental car, as public transportation options are limited.
Families traveling to Guam will find an array of family-friendly activities, from water parks to wildlife refuges, cultural experiences, and outdoor adventures. With its stunning natural beauty and abundance of activities, Guam promises a memorable vacation for all.
Explore Tumon Bay and Enjoy the Beaches
When visiting Guam, it is essential to explore Tumon Bay and enjoy the beaches. These should be at the top of your itinerary. Here are some activities you can indulge in:
- Take a swim: Dive into the crystal clear waters of Tumon Bay and experience the refreshing sensation as you glide through the waves.
- Snorkeling: Discover the vibrant marine life that resides beneath the surface of the bay. Grab your snorkeling gear and embark on an underwater adventure.
- Sunbathe: Relax on the soft sandy beaches of Tumon Bay and soak up the warm tropical sun. Unwind and let the sounds of the ocean create a soothing ambiance.
- Beach Picnic: Pack a delicious lunch and have a picnic by the bay. Enjoy the stunning views while savoring a mouthwatering meal.
- Water Activities: Engage in various water activities like paddleboarding, kayaking, or jet-skiing. Feel the thrill and excitement as you navigate the pristine waters.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of Guam’s Tumon Bay and make unforgettable memories exploring its breathtaking beaches. Soak up the sun, dive into the clear waters, and indulge in the tranquility of this tropical paradise.
Visit Two Lovers Point
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Zachary Campbell
When visiting Guam, a must-visit destination is Two Lovers Point. This iconic attraction offers breathtaking views of the ocean and cliffs, making it a perfect spot for romantic walks or simply enjoying the scenery. Located in Tumon, this historic site has become a symbol of love and beauty in Guam.
At Two Lovers Point, visitors can learn about the legend of two star-crossed lovers and admire the stunning panoramic views from the observation deck. You can also explore the surrounding nature trails and immerse yourself in the tranquility of the area.
Pro-tip: Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the picturesque views and create lasting memories of your visit to Two Lovers Point.
Take a Dip in the Underwater World of Fish Eye Marine Park
Take a dip in the underwater world of Fish Eye Marine Park and experience the breathtaking beauty of Guam’s marine life. Swim among colorful coral reefs and encounter a wide variety of tropical fish species.
As you explore the crystal-clear waters, you’ll be amazed by the vibrant colors and diverse marine ecosystem. Snorkeling and diving are popular activities here, allowing you to get up close and personal with the underwater wonders.
Pro-Tip: Don’t forget to bring your underwater camera to capture the stunning sights and create lasting memories of your underwater adventure at Fish Eye Marine Park.
Discover History at the War in the Pacific National Historical Park
Discover History at the War in the Pacific National Historical Park in Guam.
The War in the Pacific National Historical Park offers visitors a unique opportunity to explore the history of Guam during World War II. This park spans across several locations, each providing a glimpse into the events that unfolded during the war. Visitors can walk through the underground shelters and trenches, observe the remains of military structures, and learn about the battles that took place.
Some suggestions to make the most of your visit:
- Start your tour at the T. Stell Newman Visitor Center, where you can gather information about the park and its significance.
- Take a guided tour with a park ranger to gain a deeper understanding of the historical events and significance of each location.
- Visit the Asan Beach unit to see commemorative plaques, memorials, and the iconic “Flame of Peace” monument.
- Explore the Fonte Plateau unit to discover the remains of Japanese gun emplacements and experience stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
- Don’t miss the Ga’an Point unit, which features original gun emplacements, pillboxes, and a memorial to the Guam Combat Patrol.
By exploring the War in the Pacific National Historical Park, visitors can discover the rich history of Guam during World War II and gain a greater appreciation for the sacrifices made.
Explore the Beauty of Ritidian Point
When exploring the beauty of Ritidian Point in Guam, there are several activities you can enjoy:
- Take a scenic hike: Lace up your hiking boots and explore the trails that lead to breathtaking views of the coastline and surrounding nature.
- Snorkel in pristine waters: Dive into the crystal-clear waters and discover the vibrant marine life and coral reefs that make Ritidian Point a popular snorkeling destination.
- Relax on the beach: Enjoy the soft sand and gentle waves as you unwind and soak up the sun. Don’t forget to bring your beach essentials for a comfortable day by the shore.
- Observe wildlife: Keep an eye out for the diverse range of wildlife that inhabits Ritidian Point, including native birds, sea turtles, and other fascinating creatures.
- Photography opportunities: Capture the serene beauty of Ritidian Point with your camera or smartphone. From stunning sunsets to picturesque landscapes, there are plenty of photo-worthy moments to cherish.
Exploring the Beauty of Ritidian Point offers a chance to immerse yourself in nature’s splendor and create lasting memories. Make sure to respect the environment and leave no trace of your visit to preserve its beauty for future generations.
Enjoy Water Activities at Cocos Island
If you’re looking to enjoy water activities at Cocos Island, Guam, you’re in for an exciting adventure. Make sure to visit Cocos Island and dive into the crystal-clear waters for snorkeling to discover the vibrant marine life. Take part in kayaking and explore the picturesque coastline that this beautiful island has to offer. If you’re feeling adventurous, try your hand at stand-up paddleboarding and glide along the tranquil waves. Cocos Island is the perfect setting for enjoying these thrilling water sports and creating unforgettable memories. So, remember to pack your swimwear and get ready for an adventure-filled day at Cocos Island!
Did you know that Cocos Island is conveniently located just a short boat ride away from Guam’s main island? Its pristine waters and stunning underwater world make it a popular destination for water enthusiasts to enjoy a wide range of exciting water activities. So, don’t miss out on the chance to experience the thrill and beauty of Cocos Island. Visit this amazing destination and enjoy all the water activities it has to offer.
Experience the Chamorro Culture at Chamorro Village
Experience the Chamorro Culture at Chamorro Village by immersing yourself in the vibrant traditions and customs of Guam’s indigenous people.
- Participate in traditional Chamorro dances and music performances that showcase the rich cultural heritage of the island.
- Explore the local crafts and souvenir shops where you can find handcrafted items, such as woven baskets and traditional pottery, that represent the artistry of the Chamorro people.
- Indulge in the tantalizing flavors of Chamorro cuisine at the village’s food stalls, where you can try authentic dishes like Kadon Pika and Kelaguen.
- Engage with local artisans and craftsmen who are skilled in traditional Chamorro arts and crafts, such as weaving or carving, and learn about their techniques and cultural significance.
- Immerse yourself in the warm and welcoming atmosphere of Chamorro Village as you interact with the friendly locals and gain a deeper understanding of their customs and way of life.
During my visit to Chamorro Village, I had the opportunity to witness a captivating Chamorro dance performance. The dancers exuded grace and elegance as they moved in synchrony to the rhythmic beats of the drums. The vibrant costumes and traditional music created an enchanting atmosphere that transported me back in time. After the performance, I had the chance to interact with the dancers and learn more about the significance of the dance in Chamorro culture. It was a truly immersive and enriching experience that allowed me to experience the Chamorro Culture at Chamorro Village and cherish the beauty of the Chamorro traditions.
Visit the Guam Museum
If you’re planning a trip to Guam, make sure to visit the Guam Museum. Situated in Hagåtña, the museum offers a captivating glimpse into the history and culture of Guam. Explore the exhibits that showcase the island’s rich heritage, ranging from ancient Chamorro artifacts to modern works of art. The Guam Museum is dedicated to providing a unique and educational experience for visitors of all ages. Immerse yourself in the captivating stories and artifacts that make up Guam’s history. Do not miss out on the chance to visit the Guam Museum and uncover the vibrant tapestry of this beautiful island.
Hike to Mount Lam Lam, Guam’s Highest Peak
When visiting Guam, one must incorporate hiking to Mount Lam Lam into their itinerary. Being the highest peak on the island, it promises awe-inspiring views and an exhilarating adventure. The journey to the summit is both demanding and fulfilling. Covering approximately a 3-mile distance and boasting an elevation gain of 1,332 feet, this trek is ideal for experienced hikers. It is crucial to equip yourself with appropriate hiking gear, carry an ample amount of water, and pack some snacks for the expedition. Upon reaching the pinnacle, you will be rewarded with a magnificent panorama of the island and its glistening blue waters. Don’t forget to bring your camera along to capture the breathtaking scenery!
Mount Lam Lam bears immense cultural significance for the indigenous Chamorro people of Guam. As per Chamorro folklore, this mountain came into existence thanks to the ancient giantess known as Lam Lam. She meticulously cast handfuls of earth into the sea, forging the very foundation of the island, and eventually perched atop a mound to give birth to her son, Puntan. Embarking on a hike to Mount Lam Lam not only presents a physical challenge and picturesque vistas but also facilitates a profound connection with Guam’s natives and their rich cultural heritage.
Take a Tour of the Guam Pacific War Museum
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Lawrence Sanchez
Guam Pacific War Museum is a must-visit attraction in Guam. Take a tour of the Guam Pacific War Museum to delve into the rich history of the island during World War II. Learn about the events that shaped Guam and gain insights into the struggles and sacrifices of the people. The museum showcases artifacts, exhibits, and interactive displays that provide a comprehensive understanding of the war. Immerse yourself in the stories of bravery and resilience. A pro-tip would be to allocate sufficient time for your visit, as there is a lot to explore and absorb in this significant historical site. So, don’t miss the opportunity to take a tour of the Guam Pacific War Museum and gain a deeper appreciation for the island’s past.
Enjoy Shopping and Dining at the Guam Premier Outlets
When visiting Guam, one must not miss the opportunity to enjoy shopping and dining at the Guam Premier Outlets.
- The Guam Premier Outlets offer a wide range of retail stores, where shoppers can find popular clothing brands like Nike, Adidas, and Gap, as well as local boutique stores.
- Food lovers will be delighted by the variety of dining options available at the Guam Premier Outlets. From fast-food chains to international cuisines, there is something for everyone’s taste buds.
- The shopping experience is further enhanced by the outlet’s open-air setting, allowing shoppers to enjoy the pleasant Guam weather while browsing through the stores.
- Visitors can also take advantage of the outlet’s tax-free shopping, making it an ideal place to find great deals and discounts on both local and international brands.
So, whether you’re looking for a new wardrobe, searching for unique local treasures, or simply craving a delicious meal, the Guam Premier Outlets is the perfect destination to satisfy all your shopping and dining desires.
Explore the Ritidian Wildlife Refuge
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Carl Taylor
Explore the Ritidian Wildlife Refuge in Guam for an unforgettable nature experience. Discover over 2,000 acres of diverse habitats, including beautiful beaches, mangrove forests, and limestone forests. With its crystal clear waters and pristine white sands, Ritidian Beach is a must-visit spot for beach lovers.
Observe a wide variety of wildlife at the refuge, including endangered species like green sea turtles and the Mariana fruit bat. The refuge is also home to over 40 species of migratory birds.
Take a leisurely hike on the Ritidian Point Trail, which offers stunning views of the coastline and the Pacific Ocean. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the breathtaking scenery.
Before you visit the Ritidian Wildlife Refuge, check the refuge’s website for any restrictions or guidelines to ensure a safe and enjoyable experience. Remember to respect the natural environment and wildlife by leaving no trace and refraining from disturbing the animals.
Immerse yourself in the beauty of nature and explore the Ritidian Wildlife Refuge for an awe-inspiring adventure.
Visit the Guam Indoor Shooting Range
If you’re looking for an exciting and unique experience in Guam, make sure to visit the Guam Indoor Shooting Range. This range offers a safe and controlled environment for shooting enthusiasts to practice their skills.
At the Guam Indoor Shooting Range, you can choose from a variety of firearms and targets to enhance your shooting experience. The range is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment and knowledgeable staff to ensure your safety and enjoyment.
Whether you’re a seasoned shooter or a beginner, the Guam Indoor Shooting Range welcomes all skill levels. It’s a great opportunity to learn proper shooting techniques or simply have some fun trying out different firearms.
So, if you’re looking for an exhilarating activity during your time in Guam, don’t miss the chance to visit the Guam Indoor Shooting Range. You’ll have an unforgettable experience and create lasting memories.
Experience the Thrill of Skydiving
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Bradley Smith
Immerse yourself in the exhilarating experience of skydiving in Guam and feel your adrenaline surge like never before. Take the plunge from the sky at exhilarating speeds and embrace the sensation of freefalling through the air. Witness the awe-inspiring views of the island below that will leave you in a state of wonder. Regardless of whether you are a novice or an adept skydiver, Guam presents a range of skydiving options suitable for individuals of all skill levels. Glide through the sky and embark on the ultimate adventure while experiencing the thrill of skydiving in Guam.
Take a Sunset Dinner Cruise
When visiting Guam, a sunset dinner cruise is a must-do activity.
- Experience breathtaking views: Take in the stunning sunset as you take a sunset dinner cruise along the pristine waters of Guam.
- Enjoy delicious food: Indulge in a delectable dinner prepared by skilled chefs onboard the sunset dinner cruise ship. Choose from a variety of cuisines and specialties.
- Savor the romantic atmosphere: Immerse yourself in a romantic setting as you dine with your loved one amidst the picturesque backdrop of the sunset on a sunset dinner cruise.
- Entertainment options: Be entertained by live music or cultural performances during the sunset dinner cruise, adding an extra element of enjoyment to your evening.
- Capture memorable moments: Take advantage of photo opportunities as the sun paints the sky with vibrant colors, creating a magical ambiance on a sunset dinner cruise.
- Relaxation and rejuvenation: Unwind and relax in the peaceful atmosphere of the sunset dinner cruise, letting the gentle breeze and soothing sounds of the ocean melt away your stress.
A sunset dinner cruise offers a unique and immersive experience, combining stunning natural beauty, delicious cuisine, romantic ambiance, and entertainment. It is an ideal way to make your Guam visit truly unforgettable.
Visit the Valley of the Latte Adventure Park
If you’re looking for an adventure in Guam, visit the Valley of the Latte Adventure Park. Here are some reasons why you should include it in your itinerary:
- Immerse yourself in nature: The park is nestled in the heart of Talofofo, surrounded by lush greenery and the Talofofo River.
- Experience traditional culture: Learn about the rich history and Chamorro culture through interactive exhibits and traditional activities.
- Take a river cruise: Hop on a unique riverboat and cruise along the Talofofo River, enjoying the beautiful scenery and spotting wildlife along the way.
- Explore ancient Latte stones: Discover the ancient stone pillars that are significant to Guam’s indigenous people and learn about their cultural importance.
- Embrace adventure: Engage in exhilarating activities like ziplining over the jungle, hiking through scenic trails, or kayaking on the river.
During my visit to the Valley of the Latte Adventure Park, I was captivated by the beauty of the surroundings. As I glided along the river on the riverboat, I couldn’t help but admire the vibrant greenery and the peacefulness of the water. The knowledgeable guides shared intriguing stories about the Chamorro culture, allowing me to gain a deeper appreciation for Guam’s history. The ziplining experience was an absolute thrill, and the views from above were simply breathtaking. The Valley of the Latte Adventure Park provided an unforgettable adventure filled with culture, nature, and excitement.
Enjoy a Day at the Western Water Park
Enjoy a day at the Western Water Park in Guam, where you can experience thrilling water slides, relaxing lazy rivers, and refreshing swimming pools. Take on the heart-pumping excitement of the high-speed water slides, which will give you an adrenaline rush like no other. You can also float along the lazy rivers and let the gentle currents carry you away. The water park offers a variety of pools to suit your preferences, so whether you want to swim laps, splash around with your family, or simply lounge by the water, there’s a pool for everyone.
While at the Western Water Park, make sure to try out the different water activities available. From water basketball and water volleyball to water aerobics classes, there’s plenty to keep you entertained. Whether you’re looking for an exciting day out with friends or a relaxing getaway with your family, the Western Water Park is the perfect destination. So pack your swimsuit, sunscreen, and a sense of adventure, and enjoy a day at the Western Water Park.
Take a Zipline Adventure at Talofofo Falls Park
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Alan Allen
If you’re looking for a thrilling adventure in Guam, don’t miss the opportunity to take a zipline adventure at Talofofo Falls Park. Here’s why:
- Excitement: Soar through the air as you zip along the zipline, experiencing an adrenaline rush like never before.
- Breathtaking Views: Enjoy breathtaking views of Talofofo Falls and the surrounding lush landscapes as you glide through the air.
- Unique Experience: Taking a zipline adventure at Talofofo Falls Park offers a unique and unforgettable experience that you won’t find anywhere else.
- Safety: Rest assured that safety is a top priority at Talofofo Falls Park, as they have trained guides and proper safety equipment to ensure a secure and enjoyable experience.
- Fun for All: Whether you’re an adventure enthusiast or a first-time adventurer, ziplining at Talofofo Falls Park is suitable for people of all ages and fitness levels.
So, if you’re up for an exhilarating experience surrounded by stunning natural beauty, be sure to take a zipline adventure at Talofofo Falls Park during your visit to Guam.
Explore the Tarza Magical Adventure Zone and Water Park
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Jack Perez
When you visit Guam, don’t miss the opportunity to explore the Tarza Magical Adventure Zone and Water Park. This incredible attraction offers an array of activities for people of all ages, including thrilling water slides, refreshing pools, and an enchanting adventure zone. The water park boasts exhilarating slides that will get your adrenaline pumping and provide endless hours of entertainment in the sun. The magical adventure zone is absolutely delightful for children, offering interactive exhibits and exciting games that will ignite their imagination. Whether you’re seeking an adrenaline-fueled adventure or a laid-back day by the pool, the Tarza Magical Adventure Zone and Water Park has something for everyone.
If you’re looking for a day full of excitement, head straight to the water park and experience the sheer thrill of zooming down the twists and turns of the exhilarating slides. Feel the rush as you make a splash into the refreshing pools. It’s the perfect way to beat the heat and have an absolute blast with your friends and family.
If you’re traveling with kids, make sure to prioritize a visit to the magical adventure zone. Witness the pure joy radiating from their faces as they interact with the captivating exhibits and engage in entertaining games. It will be an unforgettable experience filled with imagination and laughter.
So, be sure to make the most of your time in Guam by exploring the Tarza Magical Adventure Zone and Water Park. It’s the ultimate destination for a day brimming with fun and adventure.
Relax and Unwind at the Guam Hilton Resort and Spa
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Jordan Jones
Relax and unwind at the Guam Hilton Resort and Spa, where you can enjoy a luxurious and rejuvenating experience. As you step into the resort, you will be greeted by breathtaking ocean views and lush tropical surroundings. The spa offers a range of indulgent treatments, from relaxing massages to revitalizing facials, all aimed at enhancing your well-being. The spacious and well-appointed rooms provide a comfortable retreat after a day of exploring the island. The resort also offers a variety of dining options, ensuring that you can savor delicious meals without having to leave the premises. Whether you choose to lounge by the pool, take a leisurely stroll on the beach, or pamper yourself at the spa, the Guam Hilton Resort and Spa is the perfect destination to relax and unwind.
Pro tip: Take advantage of the spa’s special packages and promotions to enhance your experience even further. Don’t forget to try their signature treatments, as they are designed to cultivate a sense of tranquility and rejuvenation.
What Is the Best Time to Visit Guam?
The best time to visit Guam is during the dry season, which runs from December to June.
What Is the Best Time to Visit Guam? During this time, the weather is sunny and temperatures range from 75 to 85 degrees Fahrenheit.
The dry season is ideal for outdoor activities and exploring the beautiful beaches and natural attractions of Guam.
However, it’s important to note that Guam is a tropical destination and can experience occasional rain showers even during the dry season.
If you prefer fewer crowds, it’s recommended to avoid visiting during major holidays and school vacation periods when the island is more crowded.
A pro-tip for visiting Guam is to pack lightweight and breathable clothing, as well as sun protection such as sunscreen and a hat, to stay comfortable in the tropical climate.
Are There Any Cultural Etiquettes to Follow in Guam?
When visiting Guam, it is important to be aware of the cultural etiquettes that are followed on the island. The local people of Guam, known as Chamorros, have their own customs and traditions that should be respected.
1. Respect for Elders: In Chamorro culture, elders hold a position of great importance. It is customary to show respect to them by addressing them with the title “Manamko” and using polite language when speaking to them.
2. Greetings: When meeting someone for the first time or entering a gathering, it is customary to greet everyone present. A simple “Håfa Adai” (Hello) or “Un dangkulu na si Yu’s ma’åse” (Thank you very much) is a polite gesture.
3. Modesty in Dress: Guam is a conservative island, so it is best to dress modestly when visiting public places. Swimwear is acceptable on the beaches, but it is respectful to cover up when entering restaurants or other public establishments.
4. Religiously Significant Locations: Guam has a strong Catholic heritage, and there are many churches and religious sites on the island. It is important to show respect when visiting these locations, such as avoiding loud conversations and refraining from inappropriate behavior.
5. Hospitality: Chamorros are known for their warm hospitality. If invited into someone’s home, it is customary to bring a small gift or a snack to share. Remember to express gratitude for their generosity.
By following these cultural etiquettes, you can ensure a respectful and enjoyable experience during your visit to Guam. Embrace the local customs and traditions to truly immerse yourself in the rich culture of the island.
Are There Any Cultural Etiquettes to Follow in Guam?
What Are Some Local Delicacies to Try in Guam?
When visiting Guam, make sure to indulge in the local delicacies that the island has to offer. Here are some must-try local delicacies in Guam:
- Chicken Kelaguen: A traditional Chamorro dish made with grilled chicken, lemon juice, coconut, and hot peppers. It has a tangy and spicy flavor.
- Red Rice: A staple in Chamorro cuisine, red rice is made by cooking white rice with achote (annatto) seeds, which gives it a vibrant red color and a slightly nutty flavor.
- Tinala Katne: Thinly sliced, marinated, and dried beef or pork that is then grilled or stir-fried. It is a popular snack or appetizer in Guam.
- Kadon Pika: A spicy stew made with chicken, beef, or pork cooked with coconut milk, onions, garlic, and various spices. It is often served with rice.
- Buñelos Aga: Deep-fried dough balls coated in cinnamon and sugar. They are crispy on the outside and soft on the inside, making them a delightful dessert.
These local delicacies showcase the rich flavors and culinary traditions of Guam. By trying these dishes, you can truly immerse yourself in the local culture and gastronomy of the island.
In the past, these dishes were prepared with ingredients that were locally grown and sourced. They were an integral part of the Chamorro people’s diet, providing nourishment and sustaining their community. Today, these delicacies continue to be cherished by locals and visitors alike, offering a taste of Guam’s unique culinary heritage.
How to Get Around Guam?
Are you wondering how to get around Guam? Don’t worry, there are several convenient transportation options available for you to choose from. Here are some steps to consider:
- Hire a car: Renting a car is a popular choice for exploring Guam. You can find several car rental agencies both at the airport and around the island. Just make sure to bring your driver’s license and follow the traffic rules.
- Taxi services: If you prefer not to drive, taxis are readily available at major hotels, tourist attractions, and the airport. It’s a convenient option that operates on a metered system, so always ensure that the driver turns on the meter.
- Public transportation: The Guam Regional Transit Authority (GRTA) operates public buses that cover various routes across the island. To plan your journey, look for bus stops and check the schedules. Don’t forget to bring exact change for the fare.
- Tour buses: If you’re interested in guided tours, consider joining tour buses provided by local operators. These buses not only offer transportation to popular tourist destinations but also provide informative commentary along the way.
- Walking: Some areas in Guam, especially tourist hotspots like Tumon Bay, are pedestrian-friendly. Exploring on foot allows you to enjoy the sights at your own pace and immerse yourself in the beauty of the surroundings.
- Biking: For a fun and eco-friendly way to get around, you can rent a bike in certain areas of Guam. Additionally, Guam has designated bike lanes in some locations, ensuring a safe biking experience.
When planning your transportation in Guam, take into consideration your budget, convenience, and personal preferences. Choose the option that suits your needs best and get ready to explore this beautiful island!
What Are Some Family-Friendly Activities in Guam?
When visiting Guam, there are several family-friendly activities in Guam that you can enjoy. What are some family-friendly activities in Guam? Here are some suggestions:
- Explore Tumon Bay and enjoy the beautiful beaches.
- Visit Two Lovers Point and take in the breathtaking views.
- Take a dip in the underwater world of Fish Eye Marine Park.
- Discover the history at the War in the Pacific National Historical Park.
- Explore the beauty of Ritidian Point and its stunning landscapes.
- Enjoy water activities at Cocos Island, such as snorkeling or paddleboarding.
These family-friendly activities in Guam offer a mix of relaxation, adventure, and cultural experiences. Whether you’re exploring the natural wonders of the island, learning about its history, or enjoying water activities, there is something for everyone to enjoy. With its beautiful beaches, stunning viewpoints, and diverse attractions, Guam provides a wonderful destination for families to create lasting memories together.
What Are Some Outdoor Activities in Guam?
What Are Some Outdoor Activities in Guam? When visiting Guam, there are plenty of outdoor activities to enjoy. Here are some options:
- Explore Tumon Bay and enjoy the beautiful beaches.
- Visit Two Lovers Point for stunning panoramic views.
- Take a dip in the underwater world of Fish Eye Marine Park.
- Discover the rich history at the War in the Pacific National Historical Park.
- Explore the natural beauty of Ritidian Point.
- Enjoy various water activities at Cocos Island.
- Immerse yourself in the Chamorro culture at Chamorro Village.
- Visit the Guam Museum to learn about the island’s heritage.
- Hike to Mount Lam Lam, the highest peak in Guam.
- Take a tour of the Guam Pacific War Museum to understand the island’s role in World War II.
- Enjoy shopping and dining at the Guam Premier Outlets.
- Explore the diverse wildlife at the Ritidian Wildlife Refuge.
- Visit the Guam Indoor Shooting Range for some target practice.
- Experience the thrill of skydiving in Guam’s skies.
- Take a sunset dinner cruise for a romantic evening.
- Visit the Valley of the Latte Adventure Park for a mix of nature and adventure.
- Enjoy a fun-filled day at the Western Water Park.
- Take a zipline adventure at Talofofo Falls Park.
- Explore the Tarza Magical Adventure Zone and Water Park for family-friendly fun.
- Relax and unwind at the Guam Hilton Resort and Spa.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are some of the top beaches to visit in Guam?
A: Some of the top beaches to visit in Guam include Tumon Beach, Gun Beach, Gab Gab Beach, Family Beach, Shark’s Cove Beach, Tagachang Beach, Mushroom Rock Hila’an Beach, and Ypao Beach.
Q: How can I explore the attractions in Guam?
A: Renting a car is recommended to explore the attractions in Guam. Hertz is a reliable rental car company on the island.
Q: What are some popular attractions in Guam?
A: Some popular attractions in Guam include the Dulce Nombre de Maria Cathedral-Basilica, Governor’s Complex, Fort Apugan, Latte Stone Park, Plaza De Espana, Guam Museum, Ritidian Point, Mangilao Golf Club, Pagat Cave and Point, Ague Cove, Fort Nuestra Señora de la Soledad, Sella Bay Trail, Talofofo Falls Resort Park, Talofofo Caves, Tarzan Waterfalls, Valley of the Latte Adventure Park, Inarajan Pools, Waterfall Valley, Cetti Bay Overlook, Two Lovers Point, Pacific War Museum, and Fort Soledad.
Q: What is the best time to visit Guam?
A: The best time to visit Guam is during the dry season from January to May. However, it is worth noting that Guam experiences rain throughout the year.
Q: What are some local dishes to try in Guam?
A: When visiting Guam, make sure to try local Chamorro food such as red rice, BBQ, Fina’denne’, and Kelaguen.
Q: Are there any famous landmarks or viewpoints in Guam?
A: Yes, Two Lovers Point is a popular landmark in Guam. It offers an observation deck with breathtaking views of the Philippine Sea and a tragic love story associated with it.
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.