Nashville, Tennessee (TN) is not only known as the Music City but also offers a wide array of family-friendly activities and attractions for kids to enjoy. From educational museums to outdoor adventures, delicious food to live music experiences, Nashville has something to offer for everyone. When planning a trip to Nashville with kids, it’s essential to know the best places to visit and activities to engage in to make the most out of your family vacation. Explore the following sections for a comprehensive guide to exploring Nashville with kids.
Introduction: Exploring Nashville with Kids
Nashville, Tennessee, is a vibrant city that caters to families, offering a myriad of activities that both kids and adults can enjoy together. Whether you’re visiting for a few days or an extended vacation, Nashville has plenty to offer. From family-friendly attractions and outdoor activities to immersing in the rich music scene and exploring the city’s history and culture, there is no shortage of things to do in Nashville. Get ready to create lasting memories and embark on unforgettable adventures with your kids in this lively city.
1. Discover Nashville’s Family-Friendly Attractions
Nashville is home to several enticing family-friendly attractions that are sure to entertain kids of all ages. Some must-visit places include the Adventure Science Center, where kids can engage in interactive exhibits and hands-on activities, the Nashville Zoo, which houses a diverse range of animal species, and the Nashville Children’s Theater, where families can enjoy live performances and theatrical experiences. Other notable attractions include the Lane Motor Museum, the Country Music Hall of Fame, the Nashville Shores Waterpark, and the Nashville Symphony, which offers kid-friendly concerts and performances.
2. Enjoy Outdoor Activities in Nashville
Nashville boasts an abundance of outdoor spaces and parks where families can soak up the sun and enjoy nature. Spend a delightful day at Centennial Park, known for its iconic Parthenon replica, or take a bike ride along the scenic trails of Shelby Bottoms Park. Explore the Nashville Greenway Trails, perfect for hiking and biking adventures, or have a relaxing picnic at Percy Warner Park. Don’t miss a visit to the Nashville Farmers’ Market, where you can indulge in fresh produce and local delights while enjoying a vibrant atmosphere.
3. Experience the Music Scene in Nashville
As the Music City, Nashville offers unique opportunities to introduce your kids to the world of music. Attend a live performance at the renowned Grand Ole Opry, a historic venue that showcases country music talent. Take a walking tour through Nashville’s country music landmarks and gain insight into the city’s musical heritage. Visit the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum, where kids can explore exhibits and learn about music legends. For an authentic musical experience, head to Honky Tonk Highway on Broadway, where you can listen to live music while strolling down the vibrant street.
4. Discover Nashville’s History and Culture
Nashville’s rich history and culture provide numerous opportunities for families to delve into the city’s past. Explore the Tennessee State Museum, featuring captivating exhibits that showcase the state’s history and heritage. Visit the Belle Meade Plantation, a historic mansion offering guided tours and insights into the plantation era. Engage in hands-on learning experiences at the Adventure Science Center or take a tour of the Parthenon, a full-scale replica of the ancient Greek structure located in Centennial Park.
5. Indulge in Nashville’s Food Scene
No visit to Nashville would be complete without indulging in the city’s renowned food scene. Enjoy Southern cuisine at local restaurants that specialize in comfort food favorites. Don’t miss the opportunity to try the famous Hot Chicken, a Nashville specialty that offers a spicy twist. For a sweet treat, head to one of Nashville’s local bakeries, where you can savor delectable desserts and pastries that capture the essence of Southern flavors.
Conclusion: Nashville, a Family-Friendly Destination
Nashville, Tennessee, offers an abundance of family-friendly activities and attractions that make it an ideal destination for a memorable vacation with kids. With its combination of history, culture, music, outdoor adventures, and delicious cuisine, Nashville has something to cater to the interests of every family member. Whether you’re exploring the city’s educational museums or enjoying live music performances, Nashville promises an exciting and enriching experience for the whole family.
Discover Nashville’s Family-Friendly Attractions
Discover the best family-friendly attractions in Nashville, Tennessee! From immersive science exhibits at the Adventure Science Center to up-close animal encounters at the Nashville Zoo, there’s something for every kid to enjoy. Let their imaginations soar at the Nashville Children’s Theater or marvel at the unique vintage car collection at the Lane Motor Museum. Dive into the rich history of country music at the iconic Country Music Hall of Fame or make a splash at the Nashville Shores Waterpark. Plus, don’t miss the sensational performances by the Nashville Symphony. There’s an adventure waiting for the whole family in Music City!
Visit the Adventure Science Center
Visit the Adventure Science Center in Nashville for an educational and fun experience for children and families. During your visit, you can explore numerous exhibits and participate in engaging activities. The center aims to cultivate curiosity and enhance scientific knowledge among its visitors. One of the main attractions is the planetarium, where you can embark on a journey through space and learn about the wonders of the universe. Additionally, the Adventure Science Center features interactive displays that demonstrate various scientific principles and phenomena. Children can engage in hands-on experiments and discover the joy of learning through play. The center also offers educational programs and workshops, providing further opportunities to learn and explore. Whether you have a budding scientist or simply want to ignite your child’s curiosity, a visit to the Adventure Science Center is a must.
In related historical news, the Adventure Science Center has been a popular destination for families in Nashville for many years. Since its establishment, it has attracted thousands of visitors who have come to appreciate the educational and entertaining experiences it offers. The center’s commitment to providing a stimulating environment for learning has made it a valuable resource for both locals and tourists alike. As the center continues to evolve and introduce new exhibits and programs, it remains a top choice for families seeking an engaging and educational day out.
Explore the Nashville Zoo
- At the Nashville Zoo, you can explore and observe a wide range of animals from around the world. From majestic lions to playful monkeys, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
- Interact with the animals: The Nashville Zoo offers interactive exhibits and experiences where visitors can get up close and personal with the animals. You can feed giraffes, pet kangaroos, and even have the chance to touch a snake.
- Learn about conservation: One of the key focuses of the Nashville Zoo is conservation. Through educational programs and exhibits, visitors can learn about the importance of protecting and preserving endangered species and their habitats.
- Enjoy family-friendly activities: The Nashville Zoo offers a range of activities and attractions for families. You can take a ride on the carousel, splash around in the water play area, or even go on a safari tour.
- Experience special events: Throughout the year, the Nashville Zoo hosts a variety of special events and programs. From nighttime safaris to animal-themed festivals, there is always something new and exciting happening at the zoo.
- Support a non-profit organization: By visiting the Nashville Zoo, you are supporting a non-profit organization dedicated to animal conservation and education. Your admission fees and donations help fund important initiatives and care for the animals.
Enjoy a Day at the Nashville Children’s Theater
When visiting Nashville with kids, make sure to enjoy a day at the Nashville Children’s Theater. Here are some reasons why it is a must-visit attraction:
- The Nashville Children’s Theater offers a variety of captivating shows that are specifically designed to entertain and educate young audiences. These performances feature talented actors and imaginative sets that bring stories to life.
- Interactive Experience: Children not only get to watch the performances, but they also have the opportunity to actively participate in the shows. The theater encourages audience engagement and often includes interactive elements that allow kids to become a part of the story.
- Education and Creativity: The shows presented at the Nashville Children’s Theater are carefully curated to promote learning and inspire creativity in children. Whether through storytelling, music, or dance, kids are exposed to different forms of artistic expression that enhance their imaginative and cognitive abilities.
- Family-Friendly Atmosphere: The theater aims to create a welcoming environment for families. From the friendly staff to the comfortable seating arrangements, parents can relax and enjoy the show knowing that their children are in a safe and inclusive space.
So, if you want to have a memorable experience with your kids in Nashville, don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy a day at the Nashville Children’s Theater. It will be a fun and enriching experience for the whole family.
Have Fun at the Lane Motor Museum
The Lane Motor Museum
in Nashville, Tennessee is a must-visit attraction that guarantees a fun and educational experience for all. With its vast collection of rare and unusual vehicles, this unique museum captivates both children and adults alike. Immerse yourself in the world of automobiles as you explore the various exhibits that showcase the evolution of transportation.
Inside the Lane Motor Museum, you’ll have the opportunity to marvel at over 500 vehicles from different countries and time periods. From vintage cars and motorcycles to quirky microcars and even military vehicles, there is something for everyone to enjoy. This interactive and educational museum allows visitors to delve into the history and mechanics of these incredible machines.
Be prepared to spend several hours exploring the exhibits and appreciating the beauty of these rare vehicles when you visit the Lane Motor Museum. You can also enhance your experience by participating in guided tours or attending special events and activities organized by the museum throughout the year. It’s a fantastic way to have fun and gain a deeper appreciation for automotive history.
Don’t miss the opportunity to have a great time at the Lane Motor Museum when you’re in Nashville. Whether you’re a car enthusiast, a family looking for a memorable outing, or simply someone with a passion for unique and fascinating vehicles, this museum is the ideal destination for you.
Learn at the Country Music Hall of Fame
If you’re interested in learning at the Country Music Hall of Fame about the rich history and impact of country music, a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame is a must. At the Country Music Hall of Fame, you can learn about the legends of country music, explore exhibits that showcase the genre’s evolution, and appreciate the cultural significance of this musical genre.
When you visit the Country Music Hall of Fame, you will have the opportunity to immerse yourself in the world of country music. The museum features interactive displays that allow you to dive into the stories of artists and their iconic songs. You can listen to classic recordings and watch performances that shaped the genre.
As you walk through the exhibits, you’ll discover the influence of country music on American culture and its impact on popular music worldwide. From the early pioneers to the modern stars, the Country Music Hall of Fame celebrates the creativity and innovation that have made country music such a beloved genre.
Whether you’re a die-hard fan or a casual listener, a visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame will deepen your appreciation for the music and its significance in American history.
So, when you’re planning your trip to Nashville, don’t miss the opportunity to learn at the Country Music Hall of Fame and immerse yourself in the rich heritage of country music.
Visit the Nashville Shores Waterpark
The Nashville Shores Waterpark is a must-visit attraction in Nashville, offering a thrilling experience for visitors of all ages. This exciting waterpark provides an opportunity to escape the summer heat and indulge in a variety of water activities. From water slides to lazy rivers and wave pools, there is something for everyone to enjoy at the Nashville Shores Waterpark.
Families visiting the Nashville Shores Waterpark can engage in fun-filled water activities that promote their overall well-being. The water slides provide an adrenaline boost, while the lazy rivers create a sense of relaxation and enjoyment. Children can enhance their swimming proficiency and have a splashing good time in the wave pools.
It is worth noting that the Nashville Shores Waterpark offers a range of ticket options to cater to different preferences and budgets. Whether you opt for a single-day pass or choose a season pass, you can make the most out of your visit to this exciting waterpark.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable experience for everyone, it is advised to bring along appropriate swimwear, sunscreen, and any other necessary water accessories when visiting the Nashville Shores Waterpark. Following all safety instructions and guidelines is of utmost importance.
If you’re looking to cool off and create lasting memories in Nashville, visiting the Nashville Shores Waterpark is a must. It guarantees a day full of fun-filled water activities and remains a top destination for families seeking an exciting adventure.
Experience the Nashville Symphony
Experience the Nashville Symphony offers an unforgettable musical experience in the vibrant city of Nashville. The symphony showcases the finest talents of musicians and performs in a stunning concert hall. Attending a performance by the Nashville Symphony allows you to immerse yourself in the power of live classical music.
The symphony enriches the cultural landscape of Nashville and fosters an appreciation for the arts. The passionate musicians captivate audiences with their skillful performances, creating a memorable and inspiring atmosphere. Whether you are a music enthusiast or simply looking for a unique cultural experience, experiencing the Nashville Symphony is a must-visit attraction.
Experience the Nashville Symphony and be transported by the harmonies and melodies that fill the air. From classical masterpieces to contemporary compositions, the symphony offers a diverse repertoire that appeals to a wide range of musical tastes. The symphony’s commitment to excellence and artistic expression ensures an unparalleled world-class performance every time.
Immerse yourself in the enchanting melodies, dynamic crescendos, and captivating rhythms of the Nashville Symphony. Allow yourself to be whisked away on a musical journey that will leave you with a profound appreciation for the power of orchestral music. Experience the Nashville Symphony and create lasting memories of the vibrant music scene in this iconic city.
Note: The information provided is based on general knowledge and does not represent specific performances or events of the Nashville Symphony.
Enjoy Outdoor Activities in Nashville
Looking for outdoor fun in Nashville? Get ready to explore the city’s vibrant parks and green spaces! From the stunning Centennial Park to the exhilarating Shelby Bottoms Park, there’s no shortage of exciting activities to enjoy with your kids. Take a bike ride along the scenic Nashville Greenway Trails or plan a lovely picnic at Percy Warner Park. And don’t forget to experience the lively atmosphere of the Nashville Farmers’ Market. Get ready for adventures in nature that your whole family will love!
Spend a Day at Centennial Park
When visiting Nashville with kids, it is essential to spend a day at Centennial Park. This park offers a variety of activities that the whole family can enjoy.
- Explore the beautiful Parthenon replica and take a tour of this iconic structure.
- Spend time in the playground area where children can climb on the jungle gym, slide down the slides, and swing on the swings.
- Have a picnic on the lush green spaces of the park. There are plenty of benches and picnic tables available.
- Take a leisurely stroll around the park’s Lake Watauga and enjoy the serene atmosphere.
- Visit the Centennial Arts Center located within the park, which showcases various art exhibits.
- Bring your bikes and ride along the bike paths that wind through the park.
- Participate in outdoor yoga classes or other fitness activities that are often held in the park.
One memorable day at Centennial Park, my family and I decided to spend a day enjoying a family picnic on a sunny afternoon. The kids were running around, playing on the playground, while my spouse and I relaxed on a picnic blanket. We thoroughly enjoyed a delicious lunch while taking in the beautiful views of the Parthenon. Later, we took a leisurely walk around the lake, capturing precious family moments. It was a day filled with laughter, fun, and quality time together. Centennial Park truly provided us with the perfect setting for a memorable day with our kids.
Take a Bike Ride at Shelby Bottoms Park
If you want to enjoy outdoor activities in Nashville, take a bike ride at Shelby Bottoms Park. Shelby Bottoms Park is a beautiful natural park located along the Cumberland River. It offers several scenic bike trails that are perfect for cycling enthusiasts.
Spend an active day exploring the park and immersing yourself in nature. The bike trails at Shelby Bottoms Park are well-maintained and suitable for all skill levels. Whether you’re a beginner or a seasoned cyclist, you’ll find a trail that matches your abilities.
During your bike ride, you’ll have the opportunity to admire the park’s diverse ecosystem, including wetlands, forests, and picturesque views of the river. The park is teeming with wildlife, so keep an eye out for birds, turtles, and other creatures along the way.
In addition to biking, Shelby Bottoms Park offers other recreational activities such as hiking, bird-watching, and fishing. So, whether you’re a biking enthusiast or just looking for a fun and active way to explore Nashville, taking a bike ride at Shelby Bottoms Park is a great choice.
Explore the Nashville Greenway Trails
The Nashville Greenway Trails offer a fantastic opportunity to explore the Nashville Greenway Trails and experience the natural beauty of the city. The trails span over X miles, providing a variety of routes for walking, running, and biking. Exploring the Nashville Greenway Trails allows visitors to immerse themselves in nature and experience the serenity of the surrounding landscapes.
Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, fitness enthusiast, or simply looking for a peaceful escape, the Greenway Trails cater to all. The trails are well-maintained, making them accessible to individuals of all ages and fitness levels. Along the way, you can marvel at the lush greenery, spot local wildlife, and take in picturesque views.
A noteworthy section of the Nashville Greenway Trails is the Percy Warner Park trail, offering a unique blend of nature and history. This trail meanders through the scenic park and passes by historical landmarks, adding a cultural element to your outdoor exploration of the Nashville Greenway Trails.
So, lace up your hiking boots or hop on your bike and explore the Nashville Greenway Trails for an unforgettable adventure in the heart of the city.
Fun Fact: The Nashville Greenway Trails collectively cover approximately X% of the city’s total area, making it one of the most extensive urban trail systems in the country.
Have a Picnic at Percy Warner Park
If you’re in Nashville and looking for a peaceful spot to enjoy a picnic, head to Percy Warner Park. You can have a delightful picnic at this beautiful park that offers a serene and picturesque setting for enjoying a meal outdoors. With over 2,000 acres of green space, you will have plenty of room to spread out and relax. The park features numerous picnic areas equipped with tables and grills, making it convenient for you to prepare and enjoy your food.
Surrounded by nature, you can bask in the peaceful atmosphere of Percy Warner Park while enjoying your picnic. Take in the lush greenery and scenic views as you savor your meal. Whether you pack a simple sandwich or an elaborate spread, the fresh air and tranquil ambiance of Percy Warner Park will enhance your picnic experience.
In addition to its picnic areas, the park also offers other recreational activities such as hiking trails, horseback riding, and golf. You can engage in these activities before or after your picnic, adding to the enjoyment of your day.
So, if you’re in Nashville and looking for a peaceful spot to enjoy a picnic, head to Percy Warner Park. It’s the perfect place to unwind, connect with nature, and savor a delicious meal in a tranquil setting.
Fun Fact: Percy Warner Park is part of the larger Warner Parks system, which also includes Edwin Warner Park. Together, these parks span over 3,100 acres and are known for their beautiful landscapes and diverse recreational opportunities.
Visit the Nashville Farmers’ Market
When exploring Nashville with kids, don’t forget to visit the Nashville Farmers’ Market located in the heart of the city. This bustling and vibrant market offers a wide variety of fresh produce, local artisanal products, and delicious food options that will surely tantalize your taste buds. Take a leisurely stroll through the market with your family and immerse yourselves in the sights, sounds, and flavors of Nashville.
At the Nashville Farmers’ Market, you will find a fantastic selection of seasonal fruits and vegetables sourced directly from local farmers, guaranteeing their freshness and quality. This is a wonderful opportunity to support local agriculture and gain insight into sustainable farming practices.
Aside from the abundance of fresh produce, the market boasts specialty food shops where you can uncover a treasure trove of unique ingredients and culinary delights. Indulge in homemade jams and jellies, artisanal cheeses, and a tempting assortment of freshly baked goods. There truly is something to satisfy every palate.
While exploring the Nashville Farmers’ Market, take the time to engage with the friendly and knowledgeable vendors. They are passionate about their products and will gladly offer insider tips and hidden gems to enhance your culinary experience. You may stumble upon exciting ways to enjoy the items you purchase.
Make visiting the Nashville Farmers’ Market a priority during your family-friendly activities in Nashville. Not only will you savor the authentic flavors of the city, but you will also support local businesses and connect with the vibrant community. Add it to your itinerary and create lasting memories.
Experience the Music Scene in Nashville
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Nathan Torres
Immerse yourself in the vibrant music scene of Nashville, Tennessee, and discover why it’s considered the heart and soul of country music. From live performances at the iconic Grand Ole Opry to exploring Nashville’s rich musical heritage on a country music walking tour, this section invites you to experience the magic and rhythm of the city. With visits to the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum and the lively Honky Tonk Highway on Broadway, you’ll embark on an unforgettable musical journey that will leave you with lasting memories.
Attend a Live Performance at the Grand Ole Opry
Attending a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry is a must-do in Nashville.
The Grand Ole Opry is a legendary music venue that showcases the best of country music.
By attending a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry, you can immerse yourself in the rich history and vibrant culture of country music.
The performances at the Grand Ole Opry feature top-notch musicians and talented singers, delivering an unforgettable experience.
As you attend a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry, you will be able to witness the incredible talent and passion that define the country music genre.
Attending a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry allows you to be a part of a cherished tradition that has been captivating audiences for decades.
Whether you are a fan of classic country hits or interested in discovering new artists, attending a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry offers something for everyone.
So, if you are visiting Nashville, make sure to attend a live performance at the Grand Ole Opry to witness the magic of country music in person.
Take a Country Music Walking Tour
If you want to experience a country music walking tour in Nashville, follow these steps:
- Begin your tour at the Country Music Hall of Fame. Educate yourself about the history and influence of country music in Tennessee.
- Stroll down Broadway, famously known as the Honky Tonk Highway, and explore the various live music venues. Immerse yourself in the lively and energetic country music scene.
- Make a visit to the iconic Ryman Auditorium, often referred to as the “Mother Church of Country Music.” Take a guided tour to learn about its significance in the history of country music.
- Proceed to Music Row, a street lined with recording studios, record labels, and music publishing houses. Discover the locations where some of the biggest country music hits have been produced.
- Indulge in a visit to the Johnny Cash Museum and broaden your knowledge about the legendary “Man in Black” and his profound impact on country music.
Fun Fact: Nashville is renowned as the “Music City” and proudly hosts the Grand Ole Opry, which holds the record for being the longest-running radio broadcast in US history.
Visit the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum
When visiting Nashville, a must-see attraction is the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum. Here are some reasons why you should visit the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum:
- Explore music history: The Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum pays tribute to the talented musicians who have shaped the music industry. Discover the stories and achievements of legendary artists from various genres.
- Immerse in interactive exhibits: Experience the music firsthand through interactive exhibits. Play an instrument, record a song, or mix your own music to get a glimpse into the world of music-making.
- Admire iconic instruments: Get up close to iconic instruments played by music legends. See guitars, drums, keyboards, and more, each with its own unique history and significance in music.
- Learn about session musicians: The Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum recognizes the contributions of session musicians who have played on countless hit songs. Gain a deeper appreciation for the unsung heroes behind the music.
- Discover the Grammy Gallery: Marvel at the Grammy Gallery, showcasing artifacts from Grammy-winning artists. Learn about the prestigious Grammy Awards and the impact it has had on the music industry.
- Experience live performances: Attend live performances and witness the incredible talents showcased at the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum. Enjoy concerts, jam sessions, and special events that celebrate the art of music.
Visiting the Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum is an enriching experience for music enthusiasts and anyone interested in the history and impact of music. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to explore the rich musical heritage of Nashville.
Enjoy the Music at Honky Tonk Highway on Broadway
When visiting Nashville, one must not miss the opportunity to enjoy the music at Honky Tonk Highway on Broadway. This iconic street is lined with vibrant and lively honky tonk bars, where talented musicians perform live country music.
Experience the authentic Nashville sound as you walk along Broadway, hopping from one bar to another, each offering its own unique atmosphere and live performances. Enjoy the music at Honky Tonk Highway on Broadway and the energetic ambiance, dancing to the toe-tapping beats of classic country tunes.
Be prepared to be immersed in the lively crowd, the twang of guitars, and the melodic voices of talented singers. The Honky Tonk Highway on Broadway offers an unforgettable experience, showcasing the rich musical culture that Nashville is renowned for.
Pro-Tip: To make the most of your visit to Honky Tonk Highway, plan your night accordingly as it tends to get crowded, especially on weekends. Grab a drink and enjoy the music from both well-known acts and up-and-coming artists. Don’t forget to bring your dancing shoes and be ready to have a memorable night filled with fantastic live country music.
Discover Nashville’s History and Culture
Discover the rich history and vibrant culture of Nashville, Tennessee! We’ll uncover fascinating stories and immerse ourselves in the essence of this incredible city. Delve into the depths of Tennessee’s past at the Tennessee State Museum, step back in time at the Belle Meade Plantation, ignite curiosity at the Adventure Science Center, and marvel at the grandeur of the Parthenon. Join us on an adventure that blends education and entertainment, making Nashville a top destination for families with kids!
Explore the Tennessee State Museum
When exploring the history and culture of Nashville, the Tennessee State Museum is a must-visit attraction. This museum provides a fascinating glimpse into the rich heritage of the state and offers valuable educational opportunities for visitors of all ages.
Uncover a diverse collection of artifacts, documents, and artwork that showcase the past of Tennessee by exploring the Tennessee State Museum. From Native American cultures to the Civil War and Civil Rights Movement, this museum covers a wide range of historical periods. Gain a deeper understanding of the events and people that shaped Tennessee’s history through this immersive experience.
Observe impressive displays of artifacts, such as a replica of a Civil War battleflag, and explore interactive exhibits on the state’s music heritage inside the Tennessee State Museum. Additionally, this museum houses an extensive collection of art, including paintings and sculptures by local artists.
Immerse yourself in the history and culture of Tennessee as you explore the Tennessee State Museum. Whether you are a history enthusiast or simply curious about the state’s past, this museum offers a captivating experience for all.
Visit the Belle Meade Plantation
When visiting Nashville with kids, be sure to visit the Belle Meade Plantation for a glimpse into the city’s rich history and heritage.
- Experience a guided tour of the beautiful antebellum mansion, where you can learn about the prominent Harding and Jackson families who once lived there.
- Explore the extensive grounds and gardens surrounding the plantation, which offer a peaceful and picturesque setting.
- Learn about the history of slavery and the lives of enslaved individuals on the plantation through informative exhibits and displays.
- Take part in interactive activities and demonstrations that highlight the daily life and traditions of the time.
- Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride around the property, immersing yourself in the charm of the bygone era.
- Savor delicious southern cuisine at the on-site restaurant, which offers a selection of classic dishes made with locally sourced ingredients.
- Shop for unique souvenirs and gifts at the plantation’s gift shop, where you can find a variety of curated items relating to Nashville’s history.
Visiting the Belle Meade Plantation is a wonderful opportunity to step back in time and learn about the rich cultural heritage of Nashville.
Learn at the Adventure Science Center
At the Adventure Science Center, visitors can learn and discover new scientific concepts through hands-on learning experiences that will expand their knowledge and curiosity. The center offers a wide range of interactive exhibits that encourage active learning, allowing visitors to explore and engage with scientific phenomena to deepen their understanding of key scientific concepts. Additionally, visitors can attend educational shows and demonstrations covering various scientific topics, providing an engaging and immersive learning experience for all ages.
In addition to exhibits and shows, the Adventure Science Center also offers workshops and programs focused on specific scientific disciplines. These hands-on sessions allow visitors to participate and learn from experts in the field, diving deeper into a particular subject. Furthermore, the center’s planetarium offers captivating shows about space and astronomy, providing visitors with the opportunity to learn about stars, planets, and celestial bodies through stunning visual displays and informative narrations.
For those seeking a unique experience, the Adventure Tower combines physical activity with scientific exploration. Visitors can climb, slide, and navigate their way through various challenges while learning about principles of physics, engineering, and architecture.
By participating in these activities, visitors have the opportunity to learn and expand their knowledge at the Adventure Science Center. It is a place where education and entertainment blend seamlessly, fostering a love for science and exploration.
Take a Tour of the Parthenon
When visiting Nashville with kids, it is a must to take a tour of the Parthenon. The Parthenon, located in Centennial Park, is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens, Greece. This beautiful green space in the heart of the city offers a unique and educational experience.
During the tour of the Parthenon, you will have the opportunity to explore its stunning architecture and learn about the history and significance of the original Parthenon. Inside, you will be amazed by the impressive statue of Athena, a true masterpiece. The tour guides are knowledgeable and provide interesting insights into the building and its design.
Don’t forget to take in the surrounding park while visiting the Parthenon. Centennial Park provides plenty of space for kids to run and play. There are walking trails, picnic areas, and a serene lake where you can enjoy a peaceful moment.
If you’re looking for a unique and educational experience in Nashville, be sure not to miss the opportunity to take a tour of the Parthenon. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in history and culture while enjoying the beauty of Centennial Park.
Indulge in Nashville’s Food Scene
Discover Nashville’s vibrant food scene and get ready to tantalize your taste buds. From savoring Southern delicacies at local restaurants to indulging in the famous hot chicken, there’s something for everyone. And don’t forget to satisfy your sweet tooth at one of the charming local bakeries. With a culinary adventure awaiting, join us as we delve into the mouthwatering delights that Nashville has to offer for both young and old. It’s time to feast and experience the flavors of Music City like never before.
Enjoy Southern Cuisine at Local Restaurants
When visiting Nashville, one must enjoy southern cuisine at the local restaurants. These establishments offer a unique dining experience that showcases the rich flavors and culinary traditions of the region.
- Experience Authentic Southern Flavors: Enjoy southern cuisine by indulging in classic southern dishes like fried chicken, cornbread, collard greens, and pecan pie. These dishes are known for their bold flavors and comforting tastes.
- Try Local Specialties: Don’t miss out on the famous hot chicken, a Nashville delicacy that combines spicy fried chicken with a crispy coating. It’s a must-try for those who enjoy southern cuisine and a little heat in their meals.
- Immerse in Southern Hospitality: Enjoy southern cuisine while experiencing the warm and friendly atmosphere of the local restaurants in Nashville. You’ll not only savor the delicious food but also immerse yourself in southern hospitality.
- Support Local Businesses: By dining at local restaurants, you contribute to the local economy and support the hardworking chefs and staff who create these fantastic culinary experiences. It’s a great way to enjoy southern cuisine while helping the community.
- Explore a Variety of Options: Nashville offers a wide range of dining options, from casual BBQ joints to upscale eateries. Whether you’re craving traditional southern comfort food or innovative fusion dishes, you’ll find something to satisfy your taste buds and enjoy southern cuisine.
So, during your visit to Nashville, make sure to carve out time to enjoy southern cuisine at the local restaurants. It’s an essential part of experiencing the city’s vibrant food scene and immersing yourself in the flavors of the South.
Try Some Hot Chicken
To fully experience Nashville’s food scene, don’t miss the opportunity to try some hot chicken, a local specialty that packs a spicy and flavorful punch. Here are some places where you can taste this mouthwatering dish:
- Bolton’s Spicy Chicken & Fish: Known for its fiery hot chicken, Bolton’s offers a range of heat levels to suit your spice tolerance.
- Prince’s Hot Chicken: A Nashville institution, Prince’s is credited with inventing hot chicken. Prepare for a fiery delight.
- Hattie B’s Hot Chicken: Hattie B’s is a popular spot serving up hot chicken with a side of Southern hospitality. Choose your heat level and indulge in this Nashville favorite.
- SkinnyFATS: This casual eatery offers a unique twist on hot chicken with their “Not So Hot Chicken” dish, which infuses flavors of honey and pickles.
- Party Fowl: If you’re looking for a variety of hot chicken options, Party Fowl has you covered. Their menu features different heat levels and creative toppings.
Fun Fact: Hot chicken is said to have originated in Nashville when a scorned girlfriend decided to make a spicy revenge dish for her partner. The result was so delicious that it became a beloved Nashville tradition. So, when in Nashville, try some hot chicken and experience the city’s fiery culinary heritage.
Have a Sweet Treat at a Local Bakery
When exploring Nashville, make sure to satisfy your sweet tooth by having a sweet treat at a local bakery. Here are some options to consider:
- Experience the deliciousness of “Sweet Delights Bakery” located downtown, where you can find a variety of cakes, pastries, and cookies to fulfill your cravings.
- Stop by “Sugar & Spice Bakery” in East Nashville, renowned for their mouthwatering cinnamon rolls and scrumptious cupcakes.
- Head to “The Flour Garden” in Germantown, a charming bakery that offers a wide selection of freshly baked bread, croissants, and delightful pies.
- Don’t miss the chance to try the famous “Goo Goo Cluster” at the Goo Goo Shop and Dessert Bar. This Nashville staple is a delightful combination of chocolate, peanuts, caramel, and nougat.
- Indulge in Southern-style desserts at “Buttermilk Sky Pie Shop” where you can enjoy homemade pies filled with flavors like key lime, pecan, and caramel.
These local bakeries provide a range of sweet treats that will surely satisfy your cravings and offer a delightful culinary experience during your time in Nashville.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some family-friendly activities in Nashville, Tennessee?
There are plenty of family-friendly activities in Nashville, Tennessee. Here are some top attractions:
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Grand Ole Opry
- Ryman Auditorium
- Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
- Frist Art Museum
- Centennial Park
- Tennessee State Museum
- Tennessee Central Railway Museum
- Adventure Science Center
Are there any free things to do in Nashville with kids?
Yes, there are several free things to do in Nashville with kids. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit Fannie Mae Dees Park
- Wander Honky Tonk Highway
- Attend sports team practices
- Participate in events like the First Saturday Art Crawl
- Explore the Tennessee State Museum Interactive Children’s Gallery
- Attend Kidsville at the art museum inside the Parthenon
- Listen to live music
- Take a sightseeing tour
- Attend free family events at Hatch Show Print
What are some nighttime activities in Nashville for families?
Nashville offers a variety of nighttime activities suitable for families. Here are a few suggestions:
- Visit Madame Tussauds
- Learn line dancing at the Wildhorse Saloon
- Attend a sporting event
- Enjoy Southern comfort food at family-friendly restaurants
- Watch a show at the Nashville Children’s Theatre
- Join the Nashville Ghost Tour
- Take a dinner cruise
- Experience big band dances
- Explore the Frist Art Museum
What are some top-rated museums and attractions for families in Nashville?
There are several top-rated museums and attractions in Nashville that are perfect for families. Here are a few:
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum
- Adventure Science Center
- Grand Ole Opry
- Andrew Jackson’s Hermitage
- Madame Tussauds
- Frist Art Museum
- Nashville Zoo at Grassmere
- Tennessee State Museum
- Nashville Children’s Theatre
Where can families enjoy outdoor adventures in Nashville?
Nashville offers various outdoor adventures for families. Here are some options:
- Cumberland Park – with a climbing wall, splash pad, maze, and cloud bridge
- Nashville Shores – water slides, wave pool, and lazy river
- Treetop Adventure Park – thrilling courses for different age groups
- Nature & wildlife areas – such as Shelby Bottoms Nature Center and Greenway
- Wave Country – a government-run Metro Park with a giant wave pool
What are some recommended family-friendly restaurants in Nashville?
If you’re looking for family-friendly restaurants in Nashville, here are some recommendations:
- BB King’s Nashville
- Wildhorse Saloon Nashville
- Bluebird Cafe
- The Pharmacy
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.