Nashville, Tennessee, affectionately referred to as “Music City,” is a vibrant destination that offers a wide range of activities for visitors of all ages. If you’re traveling with teens, Nashville has plenty to offer to keep them entertained and engaged. With a mix of music history, outdoor adventures, educational experiences, and unique attractions, Nashville provides a memorable experience for families. Here are 20 things to do in Nashville, Tennessee with teens, recommended by local experts and travel bloggers.
1. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame.
2. Explore the Grand Ole Opry.
3. Experience the Adventure Science Center.
4. Discover the Nashville Zoo.
5. Enjoy the Nashville Parthenon.
6. Take a Tour of the Ryman Auditorium.
7. Check out the Johnny Cash Museum.
8. Try Indoor Skydiving at iFLY Nashville.
9. Attend a Live Music Performance on Broadway.
10. Go Caving at Cumberland Caverns.
11. Visit the Belle Meade Plantation.
12. Explore the Lane Motor Museum.
13. Have Fun at the Nashville Shores Waterpark.
14. Take a Boat Tour on the Cumberland River.
15. Visit the Tennessee State Museum.
16. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts.
17. Experience the Nashville Escape Game.
18. Explore the Adventureworks Zipline Forest.
19. Go Horseback Riding at Juro Stables.
20. Enjoy a Segway Tour of Nashville.
Not all activities need to break the bank. Nashville also offers free things to do with teens, such as exploring the city’s numerous parks, visiting the iconic Nashville Farmers’ Market, or checking out the vibrant street art scene. Outdoor activities for teens in Nashville can be found at parks like Centennial Park, Percy Warner Park, and Shelby Bottoms Nature Center. unique teen-friendly activities like indoor trampoline parks, go-karting, and escape rooms can also be found throughout the city. For educational experiences, the Adventure Science Center offers interactive exhibits, while the Tennessee State Museum provides a chance to learn about the state’s history.
With its diverse range of attractions and activities, Nashville ensures an exciting and enriching experience for families with teens.
Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame
The Country Music Hall of Fame is a must-visit attraction in Nashville. It showcases the rich history and influence of country music. Visitors can explore exhibits that highlight legendary artists, their iconic instruments, and memorable performances. The interactive displays and engaging presentations make the experience educational and enjoyable for all ages. The museum offers a comprehensive view of country music’s past, present, and future, making it a rewarding visit for anyone with an interest in music. Be sure to set aside enough time to fully immerse yourself in the exhibits and take advantage of the informative guided tours. Plan your visit to the Country Music Hall of Fame to discover the fascinating stories and contributions of country music’s greatest stars. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame.
Explore the Grand Ole Opry
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Roger Martin
When exploring Nashville with teens, it is essential to naturally incorporate activities and experiences at the Grand Ole Opry. This legendary music venue is a must-visit for any fan of country music. Here are several things you can do to fully enjoy your time at the Grand Ole Opry:
- Embark on a captivating backstage tour and witness the area where the stars prepare for their remarkable performances.
- Attend a sensational live show and be enthralled by the outstanding performances of some of the most prominent figures in the realm of country music.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history of the venue and country music by exploring the Grand Ole Opry Museum.
- Indulge in a shopping spree at the Opry Originals store, which offers unique and exclusive merchandise as delightful mementos.
- Savor a delectable meal at one of the exquisite restaurants housed within the Grand Ole Opry, such as the renowned Opry Backstage Grill.
Were you aware that the Grand Ole Opry has honored the celebration of country music for over 95 years? This iconic venue has provided a stage to numerous iconic artists and continues to stand as a symbol of the extraordinary history of country music.
Experience the Adventure Science Center
The Adventure Science Center in Nashville, Tennessee offers an exciting and educational experience for teens. Visitors can experience the Adventure Science Center through interactive exhibits, immersive planetarium shows, and hands-on activities. The center provides a fun and engaging way for teens to learn about various scientific concepts, such as physics, biology, and astronomy. The exhibits are designed to spark curiosity and foster a deeper understanding of the world around us. Additionally, the center hosts special events and workshops that further enhance the learning experience. Whether exploring the wonders of outer space in the planetarium or conducting experiments in the science labs, the Adventure Science Center is a must-visit destination for teens interested in science and adventure.
Discover the Nashville Zoo
The Nashville Zoo is a must-visit destination for families with teens. Discover the Nashville Zoo, located in Nashville, Tennessee, offers a unique opportunity to discover a wide variety of animals and learn about their habitats and conservation efforts. With over 6,230 animals from around the world, the Nashville Zoo provides an immersive experience for visitors. From elephants to giraffes, lions to lemurs, there is something for everyone to enjoy. The zoo also offers interactive exhibits and educational programs to enhance the learning experience. It’s a great way to cultivate an appreciation for wildlife and conservation in teens. So, if you’re looking for a fun and educational outing, don’t miss the chance to discover the Nashville Zoo.
Enjoy the Nashville Parthenon
The Nashville Parthenon is a must-see attraction for anyone visiting Nashville with teens. Enjoy the Nashville Parthenon, this iconic landmark is a full-scale replica of the original Parthenon in Athens, Greece. It offers a unique opportunity to immerse oneself in ancient Greek history and culture. Exploring the Parthenon allows visitors to appreciate the grandeur of the architectural design and marvel at the intricate sculptures and friezes. The highlight of the experience is undoubtedly the stunning 42-foot-tall statue of the goddess Athena. Enjoy the Nashville Parthenon, it is not only an educational experience but also a great photo opportunity. Enjoy the Nashville Parthenon, it provides a picturesque backdrop for capturing memorable moments with family and friends. Don’t forget to pack a picnic and enjoy some quality time in the nearby Centennial Park. So, if you’re looking to enjoy the Nashville Parthenon, be prepared to step back in time and immerse yourself in the beauty and history of ancient Greece. Enjoy the Nashville Parthenon!
Take a Tour of the Ryman Auditorium
To fully experience the rich history of Nashville, taking a tour of the Ryman Auditorium is a must. Here are some reasons why:
- Immerse yourself in music history: The Ryman Auditorium is known as the “Mother Church of Country Music.” It has hosted legendary artists such as Johnny Cash, Dolly Parton, and Hank Williams. Walking through its halls gives you a glimpse into the iconic performances that have taken place there.
- Discover the architectural marvel: The Ryman Auditorium is renowned for its exceptional acoustics and beautiful design. The stunning stained glass windows and intricate woodwork will captivate your senses.
- Experience a live show: The Ryman Auditorium continues to host concerts and events, allowing you to witness live music in a historic and intimate setting. Check their schedule for upcoming performances during your visit.
True story: During a tour of the Ryman Auditorium, I had the privilege of standing on the same stage where music legends have performed. As I looked out onto the rows of seats that have held countless fans, I couldn’t help but feel the energy and history that filled the air. It was a truly unforgettable experience that deepened my appreciation for the incredible talent that has graced the Ryman’s stage over the years.
Check out the Johnny Cash Museum
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Jacob Carter
The Johnny Cash Museum in Nashville, Tennessee is a must-visit attraction. Visitors can explore the life and legacy of the iconic musician through exhibits showcasing his stage costumes, handwritten lyrics, and personal artifacts. This museum offers a unique and immersive experience for music enthusiasts and fans of Johnny Cash. Make sure to check out the Johnny Cash Museum to delve into the rich history and impact of this legendary artist.
Try Indoor Skydiving at iFLY Nashville
Try Indoor Skydiving at iFLY Nashville and experience the thrill of this exhilarating activity for teens and adults alike.
At iFLY Nashville, you can enjoy the sensation of freefalling in a safe and controlled environment.
With state-of-the-art wind tunnels and professional instructors, iFLY Nashville ensures a thrilling and unforgettable adventure.
No prior experience or special skills are required – anyone can try indoor skydiving at iFLY Nashville.
Feel the rush of wind as you soar through the air and experience the sensation of weightlessness.
Indoor skydiving at iFLY Nashville is a unique and exciting way to challenge yourself and try something new.
Attend a Live Music Performance on Broadway
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Gary Jackson
When visiting Nashville, Tennessee with teens, it is essential to attend a live music performance on Broadway. The vibrant atmosphere and talented musicians make it an unforgettable experience.
During your visit, make sure to attend a live music performance on Broadway where you can expect to see a variety of genres including country, rock, and blues. The energy of the performances and the incredible skills of the artists will leave you in awe.
A pro-tip for attending a live music performance on Broadway is to arrive early to secure a good spot. The popular venues can get crowded, so it’s best to plan ahead and ensure you have a great view of the stage.
Go Caving at Cumberland Caverns
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Justin Torres
Discover the wonders of Cumberland Caverns, a must-visit attraction in Nashville, Tennessee. Experience the thrill of going caving at Cumberland Caverns and embark on an exciting underground adventure. Explore the intricate geological formations and marvel at the beauty of stalactites and stalagmites. Engage in guided tours that cater to different skill levels, from beginner to advanced, ensuring there’s something for everyone. Immerse yourself in the thrill of exploring dark passages and experiencing the unique ecosystem within the caves. Safety is a top priority, with trained guides providing necessary equipment and ensuring a secure and enjoyable experience. Don’t miss the opportunity to witness the hidden treasures beneath Nashville’s surface.
When venturing into Cumberland Caverns, remember to wear appropriate clothing and footwear, as the terrain can be uneven. Bring a flashlight or headlamp to navigate through the caves, as it can be dark inside. It’s important to follow the guidance of the tour guides and adhere to any safety instructions given. Capture the memories with photographs, but be mindful not to touch or disturb any natural formations. Experience the thrill of going caving at Cumberland Caverns and create lasting memories with your teenage companions.
Visit the Belle Meade Plantation
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Ethan Lewis
When visiting Nashville with teens, it is essential to make time to visit the Belle Meade Plantation. This extraordinary historic plantation provides a genuine glimpse into the incredibly rich history of the region. It offers an exceptional opportunity for teens to delve into the history while exploring the picturesque grounds. The plantation’s contribution to the development of Nashville is evident and fascinating. Guided tours of the magnificent mansion and educational exhibits showcasing the lives of past residents provide invaluable knowledge. The Belle Meade Plantation ensures an engaging and educational experience that will undoubtedly leave a profound and lasting impression on teens.
Explore the Lane Motor Museum
If you’re looking for a unique experience in Nashville, Tennessee, don’t miss the chance to explore the Lane Motor Museum. Here’s why:
- The Lane Motor Museum is a one-of-a-kind attraction that showcases a collection of over 500 unique and rare vehicles.
- You’ll have the opportunity to see a variety of automobiles, motorcycles, and even airplanes from different time periods and countries by exploring the museum.
- Visitors can delve into exhibits that highlight the evolution of transportation and the innovative designs of these vehicles.
- It’s a great chance for car enthusiasts, history buffs, and anyone interested in the world of automobiles to explore the Lane Motor Museum.
- The museum’s interactive displays and knowledgeable staff make it an educational and engaging experience for visitors of all ages.
So, if you’re in Nashville, don’t miss the chance to explore the Lane Motor Museum and delve into the fascinating world of transportation history.
Have Fun at the Nashville Shores Waterpark
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Peter Lewis
The Nashville Shores Waterpark is a fantastic place to have a great time with your family and friends. Enjoy a variety of activities at the waterpark to make the most of your visit. Splash in the Wave Pool and feel the thrill of the waves splashing against you, creating a fun and exciting atmosphere. Experience the adrenaline rush as you ride the twisting and turning water slides. Take a leisurely float along the Lazy River and relax as you enjoy the beautiful surroundings. Younger kids can have a blast at the Aquamation Station, where they can go down slides, frolic under sprayers, and play with water cannons. Test your skills and have a unique and exciting experience at the Climb and Conquer, an obstacle course on water. Additionally, you can unwind on the sandy beach area and build sandcastles, creating lasting memories with your loved ones. Engage in water games like water basketball and volleyball for some friendly competition with your friends and family. So, gather your swimsuit, sunscreen, and towels and have a fun-filled day at the Nashville Shores Waterpark!
Take a Boat Tour on the Cumberland River
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Richard Walker
Experience the beauty and excitement of Nashville with a boat tour on the Cumberland River.
Explore the river: Take a scenic boat tour on the Cumberland River to see the stunning sights along the waterway.
Discover the city: See Nashville from a unique perspective as you take a boat tour on the Cumberland River and soak in the iconic skyline.
Enjoy the atmosphere: Feel the refreshing breeze and enjoy the peacefulness of being on the water as you take a boat tour on the Cumberland River and admire the sights and sounds of the city.
Create lasting memories: Share this memorable experience with your family and friends by taking a boat tour on the Cumberland River and capturing beautiful photos along the way.
Immerse yourself in history: Learn about the rich history of Nashville and the Cumberland River as your knowledgeable guide provides interesting facts and insights during the boat tour.
Relax and unwind: Take a break from the hustle and bustle of the city and enjoy a leisurely boat ride on the Cumberland River that allows you to sit back, relax, and appreciate the natural beauty surrounding you.
Book your boat tour: Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to take a boat tour on the Cumberland River. Reserve your spot today and embark on an unforgettable adventure in Nashville.
Visit the Tennessee State Museum
When planning your trip to Nashville, Tennessee, make sure to include a visit to the Tennessee State Museum on your itinerary. As one of the must-visit attractions in the city, the Tennessee State Museum offers an engaging and educational experience for teens, allowing them to explore the rich history and culture of the state.
During your visit to the Tennessee State Museum, take the time to explore the various exhibits that highlight different periods in the state’s history. From Native American artifacts and Civil War memorabilia to exhibits on Tennessee’s role in the women’s suffrage movement, these exhibits provide a fascinating glimpse into the past.
Immerse yourself in the interactive displays that bring Tennessee’s music to life. Discover the legendary country music scene and learn about the influential artists who originated from the state. It’s a unique opportunity to delve into Tennessee’s music history.
The Tennessee State Museum also houses an extensive collection of art, showcasing paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts created by talented Tennessee artists. The art exhibits offer a chance to appreciate the artistic talents that have emerged from the state.
While at the museum, don’t miss out on the educational programs and workshops designed specifically for teens. These programs allow you to delve deeper into specific topics and engage in hands-on learning, making your visit to the museum even more educational and enriching.
Before leaving the Tennessee State Museum, make sure to stop by their gift shop. Here, you can find unique souvenirs and locally made crafts to commemorate your visit. It’s a great way to take a piece of Tennessee home with you.
To truly experience the vibrant history and culture of Tennessee, a visit to the Tennessee State Museum is a must. Plan your trip today and immerse yourself in all that this remarkable museum has to offer.
Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Christian Hall
If you’re looking for a fun activity to do with teens in Nashville, Tennessee, consider playing mini golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts. This popular attraction offers a thrilling and enjoyable experience for all ages.
- Challenging courses: The Grand Old Golf & GoKarts features well-designed mini golf courses with unique obstacles and challenges that will test your skills and provide an exciting adventure. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts.
- Family-friendly environment: The facility is welcoming to families and provides a safe and enjoyable atmosphere for everyone. It’s a great place to bond with your teens and create lasting memories. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts.
- GoKart racing: In addition to mini golf, the venue also offers GoKart racing, adding an extra level of excitement to your visit. Race against each other and compete for the fastest lap time. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts.
- Well-maintained facilities: The Grand Old Golf & GoKarts takes pride in maintaining their courses and facilities to ensure a top-notch experience for all visitors. You can expect clean and well-kept areas. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts.
- Affordable pricing: Enjoying a game of mini golf and GoKart racing doesn’t have to break the bank. The Grand Old Golf & GoKarts offers competitive pricing and special packages for families and groups. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts.
So, if you’re looking for a fun and thrilling activity to do with your teens in Nashville, don’t miss out on the opportunity to play mini golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts. Play Mini Golf at the Grand Old Golf & GoKarts. It’s guaranteed to be an exciting and memorable experience for everyone involved.
Experience the Nashville Escape Game
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Ryan Campbell
If you’re visiting Nashville with teens, an unforgettable experience to try is the Nashville Escape Game. This interactive and immersive game allows you and your family to experience the Nashville Escape Game, solve puzzles, decipher codes, and work together to escape from themed rooms within a set time limit. It’s a thrilling and challenging activity that will test your problem-solving skills and teamwork abilities. The Nashville Escape Game offers a variety of themes to choose from, such as prison breaks, treasure hunts, and even zombie scenarios. Each game is designed to provide an exciting and memorable adventure for participants.
To fully experience the Nashville Escape Game, arrive with an open mind and a willingness to communicate and collaborate with your team. Pay close attention to details and work together to solve each puzzle. Stay calm and focused, as time can be limited. Remember to fully immerse yourself in the game and enjoy the experience the Nashville Escape Game offers. Whether you escape or not, the Nashville Escape Game guarantees an unforgettable experience that will have everyone talking about it long after the game is over.
Explore the Adventureworks Zipline Forest
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Austin Campbell
Explore the Adventureworks Zipline Forest and experience an adrenaline-pumping adventure. Soar through the treetops on thrilling ziplines and challenge yourself on exhilarating obstacles. The Adventureworks Zipline Forest offers a unique and exciting outdoor activity for teens and their families. Feel the rush as you zip from tree to tree, enjoying the stunning views of the surrounding nature. With multiple ziplines and obstacles to conquer, there’s never a dull moment at Adventureworks. Don’t miss out on this thrilling experience that will create lasting memories.
Go Horseback Riding at Juro Stables
If you’re looking for a fun and adventurous activity in Nashville with teens, go horseback riding at Juro Stables. Experience the thrill of riding a well-trained horse through picturesque trails. Enjoy the peaceful atmosphere and beautiful surroundings while on your horse. Feel the rhythm of the horse’s movements as you explore nature. Learn horseback riding techniques and skills from experienced guides at Juro Stables. Don’t miss out on this thrilling adventure at Juro Stables!
Enjoy a Segway Tour of Nashville
When in Nashville, why not enjoy a Segway tour? Explore the city in a unique and exciting way as you effortlessly glide through the streets on your Segway.
- Experience the thrill of riding a Segway and see the famous landmarks and attractions of Nashville, such as the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Ryman Auditorium.
- Immerse yourself in the rich history and culture of Nashville as your knowledgeable tour guide shares interesting facts along the way.
- Take in the beautiful scenery and architecture of the city while effortlessly navigating on your Segway.
- Discover hidden gems and local hotspots that are often missed on traditional walking tours.
Create unforgettable memories with your family or friends as you embark on a Segway tour of Nashville.
What Are Some Free Things to Do in Nashville with Teens?
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Logan Davis
Are you looking for free things to do in Nashville with teens? Here are some great options:
- Visit the Nashville Farmers’ Market, where you can explore local produce and artisan products.
- Explore Centennial Park, home to the iconic Parthenon replica and beautiful walking trails.
- Take a stroll down Broadway and enjoy the live music and vibrant atmosphere of Nashville’s famous honky-tonks.
- Visit the Frist Art Museum, which offers free admission to visitors 18 and under.
- Take a self-guided tour of the Tennessee State Capitol building and learn about the state’s history and government.
- Enjoy a picnic at Shelby Park, which offers scenic views, walking trails, and sports facilities.
- Explore the historic neighborhood of Germantown and admire the charming Victorian architecture.
- Visit Radnor Lake State Park, where you can hike through beautiful nature trails and spot wildlife.
- Take a walk along the Cumberland River Pedestrian Bridge and enjoy panoramic views of downtown Nashville.
Where Can You Find Outdoor Activities for Teens in Nashville?
When it comes to finding outdoor activities for teens in Nashville, there are plenty of options to choose from:
- Visit the Adventure Science Center: This interactive museum offers outdoor activities such as the Adventure Tower, where teens can challenge themselves on a ropes course, zip line, and climbing wall.
- Explore the Nashville Zoo: With expansive outdoor exhibits and animal encounters, teens can enjoy a day of exploring wildlife and learning about conservation.
- Go hiking at Radnor Lake State Park: This natural treasure offers scenic trails where teens can enjoy the beauty of nature and spot various wildlife.
- Try paddleboarding or kayaking on the Cumberland River: Teens can rent equipment and have an adventurous day on the water, enjoying the city skyline from a different perspective.
- Take a bike ride on the Nashville Greenways: With over 90 miles of interconnected trails, teens can enjoy biking, walking, or running through scenic routes across the city.
- Visit Percy Priest Lake: Teens can engage in water activities like swimming, boating, and fishing at this beautiful lake located just outside of Nashville.
- Explore Centennial Park: This park offers outdoor recreational activities like frisbee golf, tennis, and walking trails, as well as the iconic Parthenon replica.
These are just a few of the outdoor activities that teens can enjoy in Nashville. Whether they have a love for nature, sports, or adventure, there are options to suit every interest and preference.
What Are Some Unique Teen-Friendly Activities in Nashville?
These are some unique teen-friendly activities in Nashville:
1. Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame: Explore the rich history of country music and its legendary artists at this iconic attraction.
2. Explore the Grand Ole Opry: Experience the magic of live country music performances at the world’s longest-running radio show.
3. Experience the Adventure Science Center: Engage in interactive exhibits and hands-on activities that make learning about science fun and exciting.
4. Discover the Nashville Zoo: Get up close and personal with exotic animals from around the world in this expansive zoo.
5. Enjoy the Nashville Parthenon: Marvel at the full-scale replica of the ancient Greek Parthenon, complete with a stunning art gallery.
6. Take a Tour of the Ryman Auditorium: Step into the historic venue known as the “Mother Church of Country Music” and learn about its legendary performances.
7. Check out the Johnny Cash Museum: Immerse yourself in the life and legacy of the iconic “Man in Black” through fascinating exhibits and memorabilia.
8. Try Indoor Skydiving at iFLY Nashville: Experience the thrill of skydiving in a safe and controlled environment, perfect for adrenaline-seeking teens.
9. Attend a Live Music Performance on Broadway: Discover the vibrant music scene of Nashville by catching a live performance at one of the many honky-tonks and venues along Broadway.
10. Go Caving at Cumberland Caverns: Embark on an underground adventure and explore the stunning beauty of Cumberland Caverns with its unique rock formations.
These unique teen-friendly activities in Nashville offer a variety of experiences, from immersing in music history to getting hands-on with science and nature. Whether your teens are music enthusiasts, science lovers, or nature explorers, Nashville has something exciting to offer for everyone.
What Are the Best Entertainment Venues for Teens in Nashville?
When it comes to finding the best entertainment venues for teens in Nashville, there are several options that offer exciting and engaging experiences.
- The Country Music Hall of Fame is a must-visit for music-loving teens. They can explore the history of country music and see various exhibits and memorabilia.
- The Adventure Science Center provides hands-on exhibits and interactive activities, perfect for teens interested in science and technology.
- For teens who love animals, the Nashville Zoo is a great choice. They can see a variety of animal species and even participate in animal encounters.
- Teenagers who enjoy live performances will love the Grand Ole Opry, where they can experience the iconic country music show.
- The Ryman Auditorium offers guided tours and showcases the rich musical history of Nashville, making it a must-visit for music enthusiasts.
Pro-tip: It’s a good idea to check the schedules and availability of these venues in advance to plan your visit accordingly and ensure you don’t miss out on any special events or performances.
Are There Any Educational Experiences for Teens in Nashville?
Are there any educational experiences for teens in Nashville? When it comes to educational experiences for teens in Nashville, there are several options to consider:
- Visit the Country Music Hall of Fame: Teens can learn about the history of country music and explore interactive exhibits that teach them about the genre’s impact on American culture.
- Explore the Adventure Science Center: This hands-on science museum offers educational exhibits and activities that cover a wide range of scientific topics and encourage teens to engage in STEM learning.
- Discover the Nashville Zoo: With educational programs and exhibits focused on conservation and wildlife, the Nashville Zoo provides teens with the opportunity to learn about different animal species and their habitats.
- Take a Tour of the Ryman Auditorium: Known as the “Mother Church of Country Music,” the Ryman Auditorium offers guided tours that showcase its rich history and its role in shaping the music industry.
- Visit the Belle Meade Plantation: This historic site provides educational tours that delve into the history of the plantation and its significance in the region, offering insights into the antebellum South.
These experiences provide unique learning opportunities for teens in Nashville, allowing them to expand their knowledge and gain a deeper understanding of various subjects. Whether it’s through music, science, history, or nature, Nashville offers educational experiences that can both engage and enrich teenagers.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some fun things to do in Nashville with teens?
There are plenty of exciting activities for teens in Nashville. They can visit iconic music venues like the Bluebird Cafe and 3rd & Lindsley, explore the Country Music Hall of Fame and Taylor Swift Education Center, go on a mural hunt to discover Nashville’s vibrant street art, enjoy live performances at the Schermerhorn Symphony Center, and even try their hand at line dancing at The Wildhorse Saloon.
Are there any unique attractions or experiences in Nashville for teenagers?
Absolutely! Teens can explore the Parthenon, a full-scale replica of the Greek Parthenon, located in Centennial Park. They can also visit the Adventure Science Center for interactive exhibits and a planetarium, and have a thrilling time at The Adventure Park with treetop platforms and zip lines. Another unique experience is visiting recording studios in the famous Music Row area.
What are some popular spots for eating out in Nashville?
Nashville has a fantastic food scene. Teens can try Nashville’s famous hot chicken at Hattie B’s or indulge in delicious BBQ at Edley’s Bar-B-Que or Martin’s Bar-B-Que Joint. For a unique dining experience, they can check out the rooftop bar and kitchen owned by Jason Aldean or enjoy a creative milkshake at The Legendairy Milkshake Bar.
What are some outdoor activities in Nashville that teens can enjoy?
Nashville offers a variety of outdoor spaces for teens to explore. They can go for a hike at Percy Warner Park or Shelby Bottoms Nature Center, kayak on the Cumberland River, or rent bikes to ride along the city’s scenic greenways. Teens can also enjoy outdoor concerts at Ascend Amphitheater or take a stroll down the bustling Honky Tonk Highway.
Are there any opportunities to meet Nashville celebrities?
While there are no guarantees to meet specific celebrities, Nashville is known for its thriving music scene, and there are chances to see musicians and artists performing live in various venues. Visiting popular spots like the Bluebird Cafe or exploring the downtown area can increase the likelihood of spotting a Nashville celebrity.
What is the best time to visit Nashville with teens?
Nashville is a vibrant city with events and activities happening throughout the year. Spring and fall offer pleasant temperatures for outdoor activities, while summer provides sunny skies and more festivals. Christmas time also brings holiday cheer with festive decorations and events. It ultimately depends on personal preferences and interests.
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.