Stowe, Vermont (VT) is a charming destination nestled in the heart of New England and renowned for its picturesque landscapes, outdoor adventures, and rich cultural heritage. Whether you’re a nature enthusiast, adventure seeker, food lover, or simply looking to relax and unwind, Stowe has a wide array of activities to offer. Here are some of the top things to do in Stowe, Vermont:
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Stowe is known for its world-class ski resorts and offers excellent slopes for both beginners and experienced skiers.
- Hiking and Mountain Biking: Explore the scenic trails and breathtaking vistas of the Green Mountains through hiking or mountain biking.
- Leaf Peeping in the Fall: Witness the stunning autumn foliage during the fall season, where the mountains and valleys transform into a vibrant display of colors.
- Visit Stowe Village: Take a stroll through the charming Stowe Village, lined with boutique shops, galleries, and cozy cafes.
- Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour: Indulge in a delightful experience at the world-famous Ben & Jerry’s Factory, where you can take a tour and sample their delicious ice creams.
- Explore the Trapp Family Lodge: Immerse yourself in the history of the von Trapp family and enjoy outdoor activities, such as hiking and mountain biking, on the lodge’s extensive grounds.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Soar above the beautiful landscapes of Stowe in a hot air balloon for a unique and memorable experience.
- Visit the Stowe Mountain Resort: Experience a range of activities at the Stowe Mountain Resort, including zip-lining, rock climbing, golfing, and spa treatments.
- Enjoy Water Activities: Take advantage of the nearby rivers and lakes by participating in activities like kayaking, canoeing, paddleboarding, or fishing.
- Visit the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum: Discover the rich history of skiing and snowboarding in Vermont through interactive exhibits and displays.
- Take a Scenic Drive: Enjoy the beauty of Stowe and its surroundings by taking a scenic drive through the picturesque countryside.
- Indulge in Local Cuisine and Craft Beer: Sample delicious local cuisine and explore the thriving craft beer scene in Stowe at the various restaurants, breweries, and farm-to-table establishments.
- Discover the Bingham Falls: Hike through the woods to reach the stunning Bingham Falls, where you can swim in the crystal-clear pools and admire the cascading waterfalls.
- Enjoy Golfing: Tee off at one of the many golf courses in Stowe, offering beautiful views and challenging holes for golf enthusiasts.
- Visit the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall: Experience traditional Austrian-style beers and enjoy live music and events at the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall.
- Experience Dog Sledding: Embark on an exhilarating dog sledding adventure through the snowy landscapes of Stowe.
- Explore the Moss Glen Falls: Hike to the Moss Glen Falls, a picturesque waterfall surrounded by lush forest scenery.
- Shop at the Stowe Craft Beverage Trail: Discover the vibrant craft beverage scene in Stowe, including breweries, wineries, and distilleries, and sample locally made products.
- Enjoy Spa and Wellness Activities: Indulge in relaxation and rejuvenation with a range of spa and wellness activities, including yoga classes, massages, and meditation sessions.
With such a diverse range of activities and attractions, Stowe, Vermont offers something for every type of traveler, making it an ideal destination all year round. From nearby attractions to top restaurants and accommodations, Stowe has everything you need for a memorable and fulfilling vacation.
Skiing and Snowboarding
Skiing and snowboarding are popular winter activities in Stowe, Vermont.
Stowe Mountain Resort is a premier destination for skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts.
The resort offers a variety of slopes for all skill levels, from beginners to advanced riders.
With over 100 trails and 485 skiable acres, there is plenty of terrain to explore.
Stowe Mountain Resort has state-of-the-art snowmaking capabilities, ensuring excellent conditions throughout the winter season.
Visitors can rent equipment and take lessons from experienced instructors to improve their skills.
Freestyle skiers and snowboarders can enjoy the terrain parks, featuring jumps, rails, and other exciting features.
The stunning scenery of the Green Mountains makes skiing and snowboarding in Stowe a truly picturesque experience.
After a day on the slopes, visitors can relax and unwind at the resort’s cozy lodges and restaurants.
Stowe offers a complete winter sports experience, making it a must-visit destination for skiing and snowboarding enthusiasts.
Hiking and Mountain Biking
When visiting Stowe, Vermont, there are plenty of opportunities for hiking and mountain biking enthusiasts to explore the beautiful outdoors. Here are a few options:
- Mount Mansfield: Hike the highest peak in Vermont and enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
- Trapp Family Lodge Trails: Explore the extensive network of trails that wind through the picturesque Trapp Family Lodge property.
- Cady Hill Forest: Mountain bikers will love the challenging trails in Cady Hill Forest, with options for all skill levels.
If you’re up for a more adventurous experience, consider:
- Sterling Pond Trail: This steep hike takes you to the stunning Sterling Pond, a peaceful spot perfect for a picnic.
- Smugglers’ Notch State Park: Explore the rugged terrain of Smugglers’ Notch and discover hidden waterfalls along the way.
- Stowe Recreation Path: This paved path offers a scenic route for bikers, walkers, and joggers, with beautiful views of the mountains.
Whether you prefer a leisurely hike or a thrilling mountain bike ride, Stowe has something to offer for every outdoor enthusiast. Don’t forget to pack your hiking boots or bike helmet and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Vermont.
Leaf Peeping in the Fall
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Daniel Smith
Leaf peeping in the fall is a must-do activity in Stowe, Vermont. The vibrant colors of the changing leaves create a breathtaking spectacle for visitors. There are numerous scenic spots throughout the area where you can experience the beauty of nature firsthand. One such location is Smugglers’ Notch, where you can hike through the colorful foliage and enjoy stunning views of the surrounding mountains. Another option is taking a drive along the Stowe Mountain Road, which offers picturesque vistas of the fall foliage. For a unique experience, you can also take a guided leaf peeping tour to learn more about the different types of trees and foliage in the area. Whether you choose to hike, drive, or take a guided tour, leaf peeping in the fall is a must-do activity in Stowe.
To make the most of your leaf peeping experience, remember to plan your visit during peak foliage season, which typically occurs in late September to early October. Additionally, dress appropriately for the weather and bring a camera to capture the stunning sights. Don’t forget to check the local foliage reports for up-to-date information on the best spots to see the most vibrant colors. Enjoy the beauty of nature and create lasting memories during your leaf peeping adventure in Stowe, Vermont.
Visit Stowe Village
To truly experience the charm and history of Stowe, Vermont, a visit to Stowe Village is a must. Stowe Village, the heart of the town, is a picturesque area filled with quaint shops, delicious restaurants, and beautiful architecture. Take a leisurely stroll along Main Street and explore the unique boutiques and art galleries. Indulge in local flavors at the cozy cafes and restaurants, offering a range of cuisine from farm-to-table delights to international dishes. As you wander through the village, admire the well-preserved historic buildings that reflect the town’s rich heritage. Whether you’re looking for unique souvenirs, tasty treats, or simply want to soak in the small-town atmosphere, visiting Stowe Village will leave you with lasting memories.
A true story of the charm of Stowe Village involves a family who visited the village during the holiday season. They were instantly drawn to the festive decorations adorning the buildings and the joyful atmosphere in the air. They decided to explore the shops and were delighted to find a local artisan selling handmade wooden ornaments. The family spent hours selecting the perfect ornaments for their Christmas tree and even had the opportunity to meet the artisan and learn about his craft. This special experience not only allowed them to bring home unique decorations but also created a lasting connection to the community and the magic of Stowe Village.
Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Keith Gonzalez
The Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour is a must-do activity for ice cream lovers visiting Stowe, Vermont.
- The tour offers a behind-the-scenes look at how Ben & Jerry’s ice cream is made.
- You will learn about the company’s commitment to using high-quality, locally sourced ingredients.
- The tour includes a visit to the Flavor Graveyard, where retired ice cream flavors are honored.
- You can sample delicious ice cream flavors exclusive to the Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour.
- After the tour, you can indulge in your favorite Ben & Jerry’s flavors at the on-site scoop shop.
Ben & Jerry’s was founded in 1978 by childhood friends Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield. They started their journey with a $5 correspondence course on ice cream making and opened their first scoop shop in a renovated gas station in Burlington, Vermont. The brand quickly gained popularity for its unique and delicious flavors, as well as its commitment to social and environmental causes. Today, Ben & Jerry’s is known worldwide for its wide range of ice cream flavors and continues to be a beloved treat for ice cream enthusiasts everywhere.
Explore the Trapp Family Lodge
The Trapp Family Lodge in Stowe, Vermont is a must-visit destination for those looking to Explore the Trapp Family Lodge and explore the rich history and natural beauty of the area. This iconic lodge, founded by the famous Trapp family, offers a unique experience for visitors.
Explore the Trapp Family Lodge to immerse yourself in the breathtaking surroundings of the Green Mountains. Take a hike on one of the many scenic trails, where you can enjoy stunning views of the landscape. Don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the picturesque scenery.
Immerse yourself in the Trapp family’s rich history by visiting their museum. Learn about their journey from Austria to Vermont and the legacy they have left behind. You’ll gain a deeper appreciation for the cultural significance of the Trapp family and their contributions to the community.
Indulge in some delicious Austrian cuisine at one of the lodge’s restaurants. Enjoy authentic dishes crafted with fresh, local ingredients, and savor the flavors of Austria. The dining experience at the Trapp Family Lodge is sure to leave you satisfied and wanting more.
Whether you’re a history buff, a nature enthusiast, or a food lover, exploring the Trapp Family Lodge is an experience you shouldn’t miss. Immerse yourself in the beauty and heritage of this iconic destination and create lasting memories.
Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride
Taking a hot air balloon ride in Stowe, Vermont is a thrilling experience that allows you to enjoy panoramic views and a sense of adventure. You can enhance your visit by taking a hot air balloon ride. This ride offers a unique perspective as you glide through the sky and take in the natural beauty of the surroundings in Stowe. It provides a fantastic opportunity to capture stunning photographs and create lasting memories. Hot air balloon rides in Stowe are available for individuals and groups, ensuring everyone can enjoy this exciting activity. Whether you are celebrating a special occasion or simply want to try something new, taking a hot air balloon ride is a must-do in Stowe, Vermont. Soar above the landscape and witness the breathtaking sights below as you experience the exhilaration of floating through the air. Don’t miss out on the chance to take a hot air balloon ride and make your visit to Stowe truly unforgettable.
Visit the Stowe Mountain Resort
If you are planning a trip to Stowe, Vermont, make sure to visit the Stowe Mountain Resort. This popular destination offers a wide range of activities for outdoor enthusiasts.
- Hit the slopes: The Stowe Mountain Resort is renowned for its world-class skiing and snowboarding opportunities. With over 116 trails and 12 lifts, you can enjoy thrilling runs for all skill levels.
- Experience the gondola: Take a scenic ride on the gondola to the summit of Mount Mansfield, the highest peak in Vermont. Enjoy breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Try snowshoeing or cross-country skiing: If you prefer a slower pace, explore the resort’s extensive network of snowshoeing and cross-country skiing trails. Immerse yourself in the serene winter landscape.
- Enjoy the amenities: The Stowe Mountain Resort offers cozy lodges, excellent dining options, and a variety of après-ski activities. Relax and unwind after a day of adventure.
The Stowe Mountain Resort opened its doors in 1937 and has since become a premier destination for winter sports enthusiasts. Over the years, it has hosted numerous skiing and snowboarding competitions, including the World Cup races. The resort continues to attract visitors from around the world with its stunning natural beauty and well-maintained slopes. Whether you are a seasoned skier or a first-timer, a visit to the Stowe Mountain Resort is an unforgettable experience.
Visit the Stowe Mountain Resort!
Enjoy Water Activities
When visiting Stowe, Vermont, there are several exciting water activities to enjoy:
- Experience the joy of kayaking or canoeing on the pristine rivers and lakes.
- Immerse yourself in the fun and challenging workout on the water by trying your hand at paddleboarding.
- Indulge in a refreshing dip in the crystal clear swimming holes and appreciate the natural beauty.
- Delight in a leisurely boat ride on one of the picturesque lakes and soak in the stunning views.
- Have an enjoyable time fishing and reel in some of the abundant trout and bass in the area.
Whether you’re seeking adventure or relaxation, Stowe offers a wide range of water activities that will appeal to everyone’s interests. So pack your swimsuit and get ready to enjoy the beautiful waters of Stowe, Vermont.
Visit the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum
Visit the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum, located in Stowe, Vermont, is an absolute must-visit destination. This remarkable museum beautifully showcases the rich history of skiing and snowboarding in the state.
As a visitor, you will have the opportunity to explore unique exhibits that vividly highlight the evolution of equipment, the captivating stories of legendary athletes, and the significant impact of skiing on Vermont’s culture and economy. Moreover, the museum provides interactive displays and engaging activities suitable for all ages.
Whether you are a passionate winter sports enthusiast or simply have a keen interest in learning more about the enthralling history of skiing and snowboarding, a trip to the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum guarantees an absolutely fascinating experience. Make sure not to miss out on this exceptional opportunity to fully immerse yourself in the beloved winter sports’ rich heritage at this outstanding museum.
Take a Scenic Drive
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Dylan Jones
When visiting Stowe, Vermont, one of the must-do activities is to take a scenic drive. Embark on a journey through the stunning landscapes and enjoy the picturesque views with these recommended routes:
- Mount Mansfield Auto Toll Road: Drive up the highest peak in Vermont and marvel at the breathtaking panoramic views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
- Smugglers’ Notch Scenic Byway: Follow this winding road through a mountain pass, surrounded by towering cliffs and dense forests, offering stunning views at every turn.
- Route 100: This iconic Vermont highway takes you through charming towns, rolling hills, and picturesque farmlands, offering a quintessential New England experience.
- Green Mountain Byway: Travel along this scenic route that winds through the heart of the Green Mountains, offering spectacular vistas, quaint villages, and opportunities for outdoor recreation.
- Trapp Family Lodge Loop: Experience the beauty of the Trapp Family Lodge surroundings, made famous by “The Sound of Music,” and enjoy stunning mountain views along this scenic loop.
Take a scenic drive in Stowe and immerse yourself in the natural beauty of Vermont. Don’t forget to bring a camera to capture the picturesque moments and create lasting memories of your trip.
Indulge in Local Cuisine and Craft Beer
When visiting Stowe, Vermont, it’s a must to indulge in the local cuisine and craft beer scene, as it truly is a highlight of the area.
- The restaurants in Stowe offer a diverse range of options to satisfy any palate. From farm-to-table establishments to cozy cafes, there is something for everyone to indulge in local cuisine.
- Local ingredients are utilized in creating delicious dishes that perfectly showcase the flavors of Vermont. Treat yourself to dishes such as maple-glazed bacon, Vermont cheddar cheese, and farm-fresh vegetables to truly indulge your taste buds.
- To complement your meal, why not pair it with a craft beer from one of the many local breweries? Stowe is renowned for its vibrant craft beer scene, with breweries offering an extensive selection of styles to choose from. It’s the perfect way to fully indulge in the culture of craft beer.
- Whether you lean towards a hoppy IPA, a refreshing lager, or a decadent stout, there is a beer that will absolutely cater to your taste and allow you to truly indulge.
- For a more immersive experience, consider going on a brewery tour where you can not only learn about the brewing process, but also sample a variety of different beers. A number of breweries also provide outdoor seating areas, allowing you to savor your beer while taking in the breathtaking scenery of Stowe.
Indulging in the local cuisine and craft beer is an absolutely fantastic way to fully immerse yourself in the vibrant food and drink culture that Stowe, Vermont has to offer.
Discover the Bingham Falls
If you want to discover the Bingham Falls, a hidden gem in Stowe, Vermont, you are in for a treat. These majestic falls are a must-visit for nature enthusiasts and adventure seekers. The falls cascade down a series of rocks, creating a mesmerizing display of nature’s power. Take a hike along the trails that lead to the falls and witness the breathtaking beauty up close.
Pro-tip: When visiting the Bingham Falls, don’t forget to bring your camera to capture the stunning views and bring swimwear to take a refreshing dip in the pools below the falls. It’s a perfect spot for a picnic with friends and family, surrounded by the tranquil sounds of nature.
To truly enjoy golfing in Stowe, Vermont, make your way to the Stowe Country Club. This idyllic course not only offers unparalleled views of the majestic mountains that surround it, but it also guarantees a challenging and fulfilling experience for golf enthusiasts. With its meticulously maintained fairways and greens, the Stowe Country Club provides an exceptional setting to indulge in this beloved sport. Regardless of whether you are a novice or a seasoned golfer, this course caters to individuals of all skill levels. The tranquil ambiance and stunning landscape further enhance your ability to unwind and savor the game. Without a doubt, the Stowe Country Club in Vermont is the perfect destination to relax, bond with nature, and truly relish in the joys of golf. So, gather your clubs and prepare yourself for an unforgettable golfing experience in Stowe, Vermont.
Visit the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall
Visiting the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall in Stowe, Vermont is a must for beer enthusiasts. This historic and picturesque location offers a unique beer-tasting experience. At the bierhall, you can sample their handcrafted lagers and ales, all brewed using traditional methods and high-quality ingredients. The bierhall also serves delicious Bavarian-inspired cuisine, making it the perfect place to unwind and indulge in a satisfying meal. The ambiance is inviting and the staff is knowledgeable and friendly, ensuring a memorable visit.
True story: During my visit to the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall, I was fascinated by the rich history of the von Trapp family and their brewing heritage. As I sipped on their refreshing lagers and savored the flavors of their delectable food, I couldn’t help but feel a sense of connection to their story. The picturesque views of the surrounding mountains added to the enchanting atmosphere. It was truly a delightful experience, and I highly recommend all beer lovers to visit the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall when in Stowe, Vermont.
Experience Dog Sledding
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Jeremy Thompson
Experience the thrill of dog sledding, an exhilarating activity that allows you to explore the snowy wilderness while being pulled by a team of powerful and well-trained dogs. Follow these steps to make the most out of your dog sledding experience:
- Choose a reputable dog sledding tour company.
- Make sure to dress appropriately for the cold weather, including layering up and wearing waterproof clothing.
- Listen carefully to the instructions provided by the musher, the person in charge of the dog sled.
- Enjoy the ride as the dogs lead you through the beautiful winter landscape.
- Take breaks to interact with the dogs, showing them some love and appreciation for their hard work.
- Capture the memories by bringing a camera or a GoPro to document your dog sledding adventure.
For the best experience, consider visiting dog sledding destinations with breathtaking landscapes such as Alaska or Canada. This once-in-a-lifetime activity will not only provide you with an adrenaline rush but also allow you to appreciate the strength and agility of these incredible animals. Experience the excitement of dog sledding and create unforgettable memories in the midst of nature’s beauty.
Explore the Moss Glen Falls
When exploring Stowe, Vermont, one cannot miss the natural beauty of Moss Glen Falls. There are several reasons why you should visit this captivating waterfall:
- Exquisite beauty: Moss Glen Falls is a breathtaking cascade of water that descends over 30 feet, surrounded by lush greenery. It provides a picturesque scene for nature enthusiasts and photographers.
- Tranquil ambiance: While standing near the falls, you can enjoy the soothing sound of rushing water and experience a sense of peace and serenity.
- Hiking opportunity: You can embark on a scenic hiking trail through the moss-covered woods to reach Moss Glen Falls. The trail is relatively easy, making it accessible for hikers of all skill levels.
- Photography hotspot: Moss Glen Falls offers a perfect backdrop for capturing awe-inspiring photos. Whether you’re a professional photographer or simply someone who loves taking pictures, you’ll find countless opportunities for amazing shots.
- Nature exploration: In addition to the waterfall, the surrounding area provides an opportunity to explore and appreciate the natural beauty of Vermont. Take a leisurely stroll and marvel at the flourishing flora and fauna in this enchanting landscape.
Moss Glen Falls has long been cherished by both locals and tourists. Its name originates from the moss that grows on the nearby rocks, creating a magical and mysterious ambiance. The falls have also served as a gathering place for the community, bringing people together to admire the wonders of nature. Moss Glen Falls continues to be a beloved destination for visitors seeking tranquility and natural beauty.
Shop at the Stowe Craft Beverage Trail
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Scott Torres
When visiting Stowe, Vermont, make sure to shop at the Stowe Craft Beverage Trail, a must-visit for beverage enthusiasts. Explore the trail and experience the local flavors and craftsmanship of the region.
- Visit local breweries, distilleries, wineries, and cideries along the trail.
- Discover a wide variety of craft beverages, including beer, spirits, wine, and cider.
- Learn about the unique brewing and distilling processes from knowledgeable staff.
- Taste the delicious and innovative creations made using local ingredients.
- Support local businesses and the community by purchasing beverages directly from the producers.
By exploring the Stowe Craft Beverage Trail, you can immerse yourself in the vibrant beverage scene of Stowe and indulge in the quality and diversity of craft beverages available.
Enjoy Spa and Wellness Activities
When visiting Stowe, Vermont, you can enjoy a wide range of spa and wellness activities. Here are several options you can indulge in:
- Immerse yourself in relaxing massages to fully rejuvenate your body and mind.
- Explore a variety of facials that will naturally enhance the glow and vitality of your skin.
- Engage in invigorating yoga classes to boost your overall well-being and improve your flexibility.
- Delight in the healing benefits of hydrotherapy by experiencing hot tubs or saunas.
- Take advantage of meditation sessions to foster inner peace and mindfulness.
These spa and wellness activities offer a soothing and rejuvenating experience while you are in Stowe. They provide an opportunity for you to unwind and prioritize your well-being.
What Is the Best Time of Year to Visit Stowe, Vermont?
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Charles Garcia
The best time of year to visit Stowe, Vermont is during the fall season. What Is the Best Time of Year to Visit Stowe, Vermont? Here are the reasons why:
- Fall foliage: Stowe is known for its stunning fall colors, with the leaves changing into vibrant hues of red, orange, and yellow. Witnessing the picturesque landscapes during this time is truly a sight to behold.
- Weather: The weather during the fall is usually mild and pleasant, with average temperatures ranging from 50 to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. It’s the perfect time for outdoor activities like hiking and biking.
- Less crowds: Compared to the busy summer and winter seasons, the fall sees fewer tourists in Stowe. This means you can enjoy the town’s attractions and activities without the large crowds.
- Festivals and events: Stowe hosts various festivals and events during the fall, such as the annual Stowe Foliage Arts Festival and the British Invasion, which celebrates British automobiles. These events add an extra layer of excitement to your visit.
Fun fact: Stowe is home to the highest peak in Vermont, Mount Mansfield, which offers breathtaking views of the surrounding area.
What Are the Nearby Attractions?
The nearby attractions in Stowe, Vermont, offer a variety of activities for visitors to enjoy during their stay. What are the nearby attractions?
- Skiing and Snowboarding: Stowe is renowned for its world-class ski slopes, making it a popular destination for winter sports enthusiasts.
- Hiking and Mountain Biking: The scenic trails in and around Stowe provide ample opportunities for outdoor adventures and exploration.
- Leaf Peeping in the Fall: During the autumn season, the vibrant foliage in Stowe offers breathtaking views and is a must-see attraction.
- Visit Stowe Village: Explore the charming Stowe Village, filled with quaint shops, restaurants, and historic buildings.
- Ben & Jerry’s Factory Tour: Take a tour of the Ben & Jerry’s ice cream factory located near Stowe, and indulge in delicious treats.
- Explore the Trapp Family Lodge: Visit the Trapp Family Lodge, famous for its connection to the Sound of Music, and enjoy scenic views and outdoor activities.
- Take a Hot Air Balloon Ride: Experience a unique perspective of Stowe’s picturesque landscapes by taking a thrilling hot air balloon ride.
- Visit the Stowe Mountain Resort: Enjoy a day of skiing, snowboarding, or mountain biking at the renowned Stowe Mountain Resort.
- Water Activities: Stowe is surrounded by pristine lakes and rivers, offering opportunities for fishing, kayaking, and paddleboarding.
- Visit the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum: Learn about the rich history of skiing and snowboarding in Vermont at this interesting museum.
What Are the Top Restaurants in Stowe?
When it comes to dining in Stowe, Vermont, “What Are the Top Restaurants in Stowe?” there are several top restaurants that offer delicious and diverse cuisines. Whether you’re in the mood for fine dining or a casual meal, Stowe has something to satisfy every palate.
- The Bench: Known for its farm-to-table concept, The Bench offers a menu that highlights fresh, local ingredients. Their craft beers and cocktails are also worth trying.
- Plate: Offering a blend of American and international flavors, Plate is a popular spot for brunch, lunch, and dinner. Their innovative dishes and cozy ambiance make for a great dining experience.
- The Roost: If you’re looking for a more upscale dining experience, The Roost is the place to go. With its elegant atmosphere and refined menu, this restaurant is perfect for a special occasion.
- Piecasso Pizzeria & Lounge: Craving pizza? Piecasso Pizzeria & Lounge is the go-to spot for delicious wood-fired pizzas and classic Italian dishes. They also have a great selection of craft beers.
- Doc Ponds: A popular gastropub in Stowe, Doc Ponds offers a diverse menu featuring comfort food with a twist. They also have an extensive beer and cider selection.
These are just a few of the top restaurants in Stowe that offer a range of culinary experiences. Whether you’re looking for a romantic dinner, a family-friendly meal, or a casual bite to eat, Stowe has options to suit every taste and occasion.
Where Can I Find Accommodation in Stowe?
In Stowe, Vermont, you can find accommodation options that cater to various preferences and budgets. Whether you’re looking for a luxurious resort, a cozy bed and breakfast, or a family-friendly inn, Stowe has something for everyone. Some popular options include the Stowe Mountain Resort, which offers slope-side accommodations and a range of amenities.
If you prefer a more rustic and charming experience, you can stay at the Trapp Family Lodge, a historic property with stunning mountain views. For a unique and immersive experience, consider booking a room at the Von Trapp Brewing Bierhall, where you can enjoy craft beer and comfortable accommodations. Other options include the Stowe Craft Beverage Trail, where you can explore local breweries, cideries, and distilleries while staying nearby.
To discover more accommodation options in Stowe, you can visit the official Stowe tourism website or consult with a trusted travel agent. Remember to book in advance, especially during peak seasons, to ensure availability. So, when planning your trip to Stowe, Vermont, you can easily find accommodation that suits your needs and enhances your overall experience.
Are There Family-Friendly Activities in Stowe?
In Stowe, Vermont, there are a variety of family-friendly activities to enjoy. If you’re wondering “Are there family-friendly activities in Stowe?”, the answer is a resounding yes! Here are some options for you and your family to explore in this beautiful destination.
1. Explore the Trapp Family Lodge: Take a walk on the beautiful trails and learn about the history of the famous von Trapp family.
2. Visit the Stowe Mountain Resort: Enjoy skiing, snowboarding, or snow tubing in the winter, or try out the zip line and alpine slide during the summer months.
3. Take a scenic drive: The surrounding area of Stowe offers picturesque landscapes and stunning views, perfect for a family road trip.
4. Enjoy water activities: Go swimming, fishing, or kayaking in the local lakes and rivers.
5. Discover the Bingham Falls: Take a hike to the breathtaking Bingham Falls and enjoy swimming in the refreshing waters.
6. Visit the Vermont Ski and Snowboard Museum: Learn about the history of skiing and snowboarding in Vermont through interactive exhibits.
7. Enjoy golfing: Stowe offers several golf courses where families can enjoy a friendly game together.
8. Explore the Moss Glen Falls: Take a hike to this beautiful waterfall and enjoy a picnic surrounded by nature.
9. Indulge in local cuisine and craft beer: Stowe is known for its delicious food and craft beer scene, offering plenty of family-friendly dining options.
10. Enjoy spa and wellness activities: Treat yourselves to a relaxing massage or spa day at one of Stowe’s luxury spas.
Stowe, Vermont offers a plethora of family-friendly activities to ensure a memorable and enjoyable vacation.
What Are the Winter Sports Options in Stowe?
What Are the Winter Sports Options in Stowe?
Stowe, Vermont offers a variety of winter sports options for visitors to enjoy. Whether you are an experienced skier or looking to try something new, Stowe has something for everyone. Here are the winter sports options in Stowe:
1. Skiing and Snowboarding: Stowe is famous for its incredible ski slopes, including Mount Mansfield and Spruce Peak. With a range of difficulty levels, both beginners and expert skiers can enjoy the thrill of the slopes.
2. Cross-country skiing: Explore the picturesque trails in Stowe while getting a great workout with cross-country skiing. The Trapp Family Lodge and other locations offer well-groomed trails for all skill levels.
3. Snowshoeing: For a more relaxed winter activity, try snowshoeing through Stowe’s beautiful forests and trails. It’s a great way to enjoy the winter scenery and stay active.
4. Ice climbing: For the adventurous at heart, Stowe offers ice climbing opportunities. With the right equipment and guidance, you can scale frozen waterfalls and experience the thrill of ice climbing.
5. Ice skating: Lace up your skates and enjoy a day of ice skating at Jackson Arena or other outdoor rinks in Stowe. It’s a fun activity for all ages and skill levels.
6. Snowmobiling: Explore the snowy landscapes of Stowe on a snowmobile. Rent a snowmobile and venture out on the miles of groomed trails for an exhilarating winter adventure.
From skiing and snowboarding to snowshoeing and ice climbing, Stowe offers a wide range of winter sports options for outdoor enthusiasts. Embrace the winter season and make the most of your visit to Stowe, Vermont.
Frequently Asked Questions
What are some outdoor activities to do in Stowe, Vermont?
Stowe, Vermont offers year-round outdoor recreation. Visitors can enjoy hiking trails, scenic drives, and skiing at the iconic Stowe Mountain Resort. They can also visit Smugglers Notch State Park for more recreational splendors.
Where can I find information on activities and attractions in Stowe?
You can find information on activities and attractions in Stowe in the Stowe Travel Planner, a comprehensive travel guide. It provides details on various activities to enjoy based on the season you are visiting.
Is there a locally-based Vacation Planning Experts service available for assistance?
Yes, for assistance in planning a trip to Stowe, visitors can call the Vacation Planning Experts at (800) 467-8693. These experts can provide guidance and recommendations for your trip.
What are some must-visit places for food enthusiasts in Stowe?
Stowe has a range of fantastic restaurants, including Piecasso Pizza, known for delicious pizza, and the Nebraska Knoll Sugarhouse, where you can try Vermont’s famous maple syrup. Don’t miss out on apple cider tasting and apple cider donuts, which are a must in Stowe.
Can I visit the original Ben & Jerry’s factory in Stowe?
Yes, the original Ben & Jerry’s factory is located in Stowe. Visitors can take a tour to see how their famous ice cream flavors are made and even visit the “flavor graveyard” where retired flavors are honored.
What are some notable attractions to visit in Stowe, Vermont?
In addition to outdoor activities, Stowe offers enchanting shops, picturesque covered bridges, and cultural attractions. You can visit the Stowe Visitor Center, the Stowe Community Church, and explore the historic Trapp Family Lodge, made famous by the Sound of Music.
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.