Tulsa, Oklahoma (OK) is a city full of cultural attractions, natural beauty, and exciting events. If you’re looking for things to do in Tulsa this weekend, you’ll find a wide range of options to suit your interests. From art and music to nature and history, Tulsa has something for everyone. Here are some top recommendations for your weekend itinerary in Tulsa, inspired by local insights:
- Visit the Philbrook Museum of Art, which showcases a diverse collection of art in a stunning Italian Renaissance-style villa.
- Explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden, where you can immerse yourself in beautiful gardens, walking trails, and seasonal displays.
- Attend a concert at the BOK Center, a state-of-the-art arena that hosts a variety of live performances and events.
- Take a stroll along the Arkansas River, enjoying the scenic views and recreational activities available along the riverfront.
- Discover the Gathering Place, an expansive park with playgrounds, trails, gardens, and water attractions for all ages to enjoy.
- Visit the Woody Guthrie Center, dedicated to preserving the legacy and life story of this iconic folk singer and social activist.
- Enjoy the Tulsa Zoo, home to a diverse range of animals and interactive exhibits that provide educational and entertaining experiences.
- Explore the Blue Dome District, a vibrant area known for its historical buildings, nightlife, restaurants, and local shops.
- Visit the Tulsa Air and Space Museum, where you can learn about the history of aviation and space exploration through interactive exhibits and aircraft displays.
- Experience the Art Deco District, characterized by its striking architecture and offering a glimpse into Tulsa’s past.
If you’re interested in upcoming events in Tulsa, be sure to check out the local event calendar, as there are often festivals, concerts, and other special events happening throughout the year. Tulsa also offers a wide variety of restaurants serving delicious cuisine for every palate. outdoor enthusiasts will find plenty of opportunities for outdoor activities in Tulsa, from hiking and biking trails to water sports and fishing. Lastly, don’t miss the chance to explore the city’s must-see landmarks that reflect its rich history and culture. From family-friendly attractions to cultural experiences, Tulsa has something for everyone to enjoy this weekend.
Visit the Philbrook Museum of Art
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Dennis Garcia
The Philbrook Museum of Art in Tulsa, Oklahoma is a must-visit destination for art enthusiasts. If you are looking to explore something new, I highly recommend that you visit the Philbrook Museum of Art. The museum showcases a diverse collection of artworks, including paintings, sculptures, and decorative arts from various cultures and time periods. When you visit the Philbrook Museum of Art, you will be immersed in the beauty and creativity of the exhibited pieces, gaining a deeper understanding and appreciation for the art world. The stunning architecture of the museum itself is worth a visit, and I assure you that a visit to the Philbrook Museum of Art will be a enriching and captivating experience. Families and individuals alike will find educational programs and exhibits that cater to all ages, making it a great destination for everyone. Plan a visit to the Philbrook Museum of Art and enjoy a day surrounded by art and culture.
Explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden
When exploring Tulsa, Oklahoma, make sure to include a visit to the Tulsa Botanic Garden in your itinerary. Here are some key reasons to explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden:
- Immersive Nature Experience: Explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden and discover the vast expanse of lush greenery, stunning flowers, and serene landscapes.
- Diverse Gardens: Discover a variety of specialized gardens at the Tulsa Botanic Garden, including the Children’s Discovery Garden, the A.R. and Marylouise Tandy Floral Terraces, and the Rock Alpine Garden.
- Seasonal Exhibitions: Explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden and experience the changing beauty of the garden throughout the year with special exhibits highlighting the best of each season, such as the Spring Blooms Festival or the Winter Wonderland.
- Outdoor Activities: Engage in outdoor activities like hiking, picnicking, or simply enjoying a leisurely walk through the garden’s trails at the Tulsa Botanic Garden.
- Photography Opportunities: Explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden and capture Instagram-worthy moments and breathtaking views amidst the natural splendor.
No matter the season, the Tulsa Botanic Garden offers a tranquil escape from the city where you can immerse yourself in the beauty of nature. So, don’t miss the chance to explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden during your visit to Tulsa.
Attend a Concert at the BOK Center
If you’re a music lover in Tulsa, Oklahoma, don’t miss the opportunity to attend a concert at the state-of-the-art BOK Center. This impressive venue hosts a wide range of performances throughout the year, from popular music acts to theater productions. With its seating capacity of over 19,000, you’ll have plenty of opportunities to find tickets for your favorite artists and genres. The BOK Center is renowned for its excellent acoustics, ensuring an immersive and memorable concert experience. So, make sure to attend a concert at the BOK Center and enjoy live entertainment at its finest.
Take a Stroll along the Arkansas River
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Joe Carter
Take a leisurely stroll along the beautiful Arkansas River in Tulsa, Oklahoma. The river offers stunning views and a serene atmosphere that is perfect for relaxation and enjoying nature. As you take a walk along the riverbanks, you can soak in the scenic landscape, spot wildlife, and even stop to have a picnic or enjoy a bike ride. The Arkansas River is also a popular location for fishing, so if you’re interested, don’t forget to bring your fishing gear along. Make sure to wear comfortable shoes and bring water to stay hydrated during your stroll. Taking a walk along the Arkansas River is a great way to spend your weekend in Tulsa, experiencing the natural beauty of the area.
Discover the Gathering Place
Discover the Gathering Place, a beloved park in Tulsa, Oklahoma, that offers a plethora of activities for people of all ages.
Enjoy a leisurely stroll through the beautiful gardens, taking in the sights and smells of the colorful flowers.
Take a bike ride along the scenic trails that wind through the park, offering stunning views of the river and surrounding nature.
Bring your kids to the interactive playgrounds, where they can climb, slide, and explore to their heart’s content.
Join a yoga or fitness class held in the park, allowing you to connect with your body and mind while surrounded by the peaceful ambiance.
Indulge in a picnic on the grassy lawns, bringing your favorite snacks and enjoying a relaxing afternoon with family and friends.
If you’re looking for some excitement, try your hand at kayaking or paddleboarding on the river, experiencing the thrill of being on the water.
Whether you’re seeking relaxation, adventure, or quality time with loved ones, the Gathering Place is the perfect destination for you to discover and enjoy.
Visit the Woody Guthrie Center
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Eric Campbell
If you’re looking for things to do in Tulsa, Oklahoma this weekend, make sure to visit the Woody Guthrie Center. Here are a few reasons why:
- Experience the legacy: The Woody Guthrie Center is dedicated to preserving the life and work of the legendary folk musician Woody Guthrie. When you visit the Woody Guthrie Center, you can immerse yourself in exhibits, artifacts, and interactive displays that showcase his role in shaping American music and culture.
- Engage with history: Explore the archives and collections at the Woody Guthrie Center to get a deeper understanding of Guthrie’s impact on society. Discover his original writings, artwork, and personal items, and delve into his songs, writings, and activism.
- Discover the power of music: Join the center’s concerts, workshops, and educational programs to celebrate the power of music in inspiring change. By attending these events, you can learn more about Guthrie’s musical style and influence.
- Connect with the community: The Woody Guthrie Center is not just a museum; it’s a hub for connecting with fellow music lovers and activists. When you visit the Woody Guthrie Center, you can engage in conversations, participate in events, and become part of a community that appreciates Guthrie’s contributions.
So, when in Tulsa, don’t forget to visit the Woody Guthrie Center to immerse yourself in the life and legacy of this iconic musician.
Enjoy the Tulsa Zoo
Enjoy the Tulsa Zoo and have a wonderful time exploring an interactive and educational adventure for the whole family. Discover the diverse exhibits that showcase over 400 animal species from around the world. Marvel at the majestic elephants, playful primates, and fascinating big cats. In addition, make sure to get up close and personal with the unique wildlife through engaging animal encounters and feeding sessions. By doing so, you will truly be able to immerse yourself in the beauty of nature and also learn about the conservation efforts aimed at protecting these incredible creatures.
Embrace the opportunity to spend a day surrounded by the captivating sights and sounds of the animal kingdom, creating lasting memories for everyone involved. Remember, the Tulsa Zoo is a must-visit destination for animal lovers of all ages, so don’t miss out!
Explore the Blue Dome District
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Andrew Sanchez
The Blue Dome District in Tulsa, Oklahoma is a vibrant and bustling area to explore. Explore the Blue Dome District with its unique blend of historic architecture, trendy shops, and local eateries. There is something for everyone to enjoy as you take a leisurely stroll down its streets and immerse yourself in the lively atmosphere.
Indulge in delicious cuisine from the various restaurants offering a wide range of culinary delights. Experience the creativity and artistry of local artists by visiting the art galleries and studios dotted throughout the district. Shop for unique and one-of-a-kind items at the boutique stores, showcasing the talent of local designers. As you explore the Blue Dome District, you will be captivated by its charm and energy. So, take the time to immerse yourself in all that this district has to offer.
Visit the Tulsa Air and Space Museum
Photo Credits: Anxiousandabroad.Com by Jason Rodriguez
If you’re in Tulsa, don’t miss the chance to visit the Tulsa Air and Space Museum. This museum offers a fascinating look into the history of aviation and space exploration. Learn about the pioneers of flight and the technology that has shaped our world. See actual aircraft and spacecraft up close, including the iconic Apollo Command Module. Interactive exhibits and simulators make this a fun and educational experience for all ages. Don’t miss the chance to explore the museum’s collection of artifacts and learn about the ongoing advancements in aerospace. When in Tulsa, a visit to the Tulsa Air and Space Museum is a must!
Experience the Art Deco District
If you want to experience the Art Deco District in Tulsa, Oklahoma, there are several things you can do.
First, take a guided walking tour of the district to fully immerse yourself in the architectural wonders of the Art Deco style.
Next, visit the iconic buildings such as the Philcade and Philtower, which are prime examples of Art Deco design.
Don’t miss out on exploring the shops and galleries in the district, where you can find unique and artistic treasures.
For a cultural experience, attend one of the many events and festivals that often take place in the Art Deco District.
Lastly, make sure to take plenty of photos to capture the beauty and history of this remarkable district.
What are the Upcoming Events in Tulsa?
What are the upcoming events in Tulsa? There are several exciting events happening in Tulsa:
- The Tulsa Music Festival is happening next weekend, featuring local bands and musicians.
- The Tulsa Art Exhibition is showcasing the works of talented artists from the region.
- The Tulsa Food Festival is a must-visit for all food enthusiasts, with a wide variety of dishes to sample.
- The Tulsa Sports Tournament is taking place, where teams from different sports will compete for the championship.
- The Tulsa Film Festival will be screening a selection of the latest and greatest films from around the world.
- The Tulsa Comedy Show is sure to have you in stitches with hilarious performances from top comedians.
Are There any Festivals or Concerts Happening this Weekend?
Are there any festivals or concerts happening this weekend? Rocklahoma Music Festival is taking place in Tulsa, featuring popular rock bands from around the world.
Are there any festivals or concerts happening this weekend? The Tulsa Roots Music Festival showcases a diverse range of music genres, including blues, jazz, folk, and world music.
Are there any festivals or concerts happening this weekend? The Tulsa State Fair is currently ongoing and will be hosting concerts throughout the weekend, giving you the opportunity to enjoy live music while indulging in delicious fair food.
Are there any festivals or concerts happening this weekend? The Blue Dome Arts Festival in the Blue Dome District of Tulsa features live music performances, art exhibits, and local food vendors.
Are there any festivals or concerts happening this weekend? The Brady Arts District in Tulsa organizes live music performances every weekend, offering various genres of music in this vibrant area of the city.
Fact: Tulsa has a thriving music scene and hosts numerous festivals and concerts all year round. Whether you’re a fan of rock, folk, jazz, or any other genre, there’s always something happening in Tulsa to satisfy your musical cravings.
What Are the Best Restaurants in Tulsa?
When it comes to dining in Tulsa, What Are the Best Restaurants in Tulsa? there are several outstanding restaurants that you should consider:
- Mother Road Market: A food hall with a variety of vendors offering delicious options ranging from burgers to tacos.
- Burn Co Barbecue: Known for its mouthwatering smoked meats and flavorful barbecue sauces.
- Tallgrass Prairie Table: A farm-to-table restaurant that focuses on using locally sourced ingredients to create delicious and sustainable dishes.
- Juniper: Offers a modern twist on traditional Southern cuisine, with dishes like fried chicken and shrimp and grits.
- Prhyme: A steakhouse specializing in high-quality cuts of beef cooked to perfection.
These are just a few of the many fantastic dining options in Tulsa. Whether you’re craving barbecue, farm-fresh dishes, or a juicy steak, you’re sure to find a restaurant that satisfies your taste buds in this vibrant city.
Tulsa has a rich culinary scene that continues to grow and evolve. From classic comfort food to innovative twists on global cuisine, the city’s restaurants offer something for everyone. Over the years, Tulsa has become a culinary destination, attracting talented chefs and food enthusiasts looking for diverse and delicious dining experiences. So, if you’re a food lover, make sure to explore the best restaurants in Tulsa and indulge in the city’s vibrant and delectable food culture.
What Outdoor Activities Are Available in Tulsa?
In addition to the provided attractions such as visiting the Philbrook Museum of Art or exploring the Tulsa Botanic Garden, Tulsa offers a variety of outdoor activities. So, if you’re wondering “What outdoor activities are available in Tulsa?” there’s plenty to do!
For nature enthusiasts, you can go hiking or biking on the extensive network of trails in Turkey Mountain Urban Wilderness. It’s a great way to immerse yourself in Tulsa’s natural beauty. Additionally, if you enjoy water activities, head to Keystone State Park for boating, fishing, and swimming. You can have a great time outdoors while enjoying the serene waters.
Mohawk Park is another wonderful outdoor destination in Tulsa. Here you can enjoy various activities such as picnicking, golfing, and disc golf. It’s a perfect spot to spend quality time with family or friends.
If you’re up for a unique experience, try horseback riding at Oxley Nature Center. It allows you to explore the beautiful scenery of the center on horseback. It’s an opportunity to admire nature from a different perspective and connect with these majestic creatures.
Tulsa also boasts several parks and green spaces where you can unwind, have a picnic, or engage in sports activities. Enjoying the natural beauty and outdoor activities available here should definitely be on your list.
So, plan your visit to Tulsa and make the most of the diverse outdoor activities it has to offer.
What Are the Must-See Landmarks in Tulsa?
“What Are the Must-See Landmarks in Tulsa?
Tulsa, Oklahoma is home to several must-see landmarks that showcase the city’s rich history and culture. Here are some of the top landmarks to visit in Tulsa:
1. The Philbrook Museum of Art: Explore this stunning mansion turned art museum, known for its impressive collection of American, European, and Native American art.
2. The Tulsa Botanic Garden: Immerse yourself in nature at this beautiful garden featuring vibrant flowers, serene trails, and seasonal exhibitions.
3. The BOK Center: Attend a live concert or event at this state-of-the-art arena, which hosts world-class performances throughout the year.
4. The Arkansas River: Take a leisurely stroll along the banks of the Arkansas River and enjoy picturesque views of the city skyline.
5. The Gathering Place: Discover this expansive park with multiple playgrounds, gardens, and interactive spaces, perfect for families and outdoor enthusiasts.
6. The Woody Guthrie Center: Learn about the life and legacy of legendary folk musician Woody Guthrie through exhibits and memorabilia at this inspiring museum.
7. The Tulsa Zoo: Enjoy a day of fun and education at the Tulsa Zoo, home to a wide variety of animals from around the world.
8. The Blue Dome District: Explore this vibrant neighborhood filled with unique shops, restaurants, and art galleries, housed in historic buildings.
9. The Tulsa Air and Space Museum: Discover the wonders of aviation and space exploration through interactive exhibits and vintage aircraft.
10. The Art Deco District: Marvel at the stunning architecture of Tulsa’s Art Deco buildings, a testament to the city’s past as an oil boomtown.
These must-see landmarks in Tulsa offer a diverse range of experiences and attractions, ensuring there is something for everyone to enjoy in this vibrant city.”
Are There any Family-Friendly Activities in Tulsa?
Are There any Family-Friendly Activities in Tulsa? When looking for family-friendly activities in Tulsa, you’ll find a range of options to keep everyone entertained. Here are some activities to consider:
- Visit the Philbrook Museum of Art, where you can explore beautiful artworks and take part in interactive exhibits suitable for all ages.
- Explore the Tulsa Botanic Garden, a serene and picturesque setting with various themed gardens and walking trails to enjoy.
- Attend a concert at the BOK Center. Check the event schedule to find family-friendly concerts or performances that everyone can enjoy.
- Take a stroll along the Arkansas River and enjoy the scenic views. Pack a picnic and relax by the riverbank.
- Discover the Gathering Place, a sprawling park filled with playgrounds, water features, and recreational activities for people of all ages.
- Visit the Woody Guthrie Center to learn about the life and music of the iconic American folk singer. Interactive exhibits make it engaging for the whole family.
- Enjoy a day at the Tulsa Zoo, where you can see a diverse range of animals and even have the opportunity to participate in feeding or petting experiences.
- Explore the Blue Dome District, which offers unique shops, restaurants, and entertainment venues suitable for families to enjoy together.
- Visit the Tulsa Air and Space Museum to delve into the world of aviation and space exploration with informative exhibits and interactive displays.
- Experience the Art Deco District, where you can marvel at the architectural beauty of historic buildings and learn about the city’s history.
With these family-friendly activities in Tulsa, you’re sure to create lasting memories and have a great time together.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is happening in Tulsa, Oklahoma this weekend?
There are several events happening in Tulsa this weekend. Here are some of them:
- “Finding Nemo Jr.” at Liddy Doenges Theatre at Tulsa Performing Arts Center
- “Erasure Poetry Workshop with Nuova Wright” at Whitty Books, Tulsa
- “Oklahoma” starring Hugh Jackman at Circle Cinema, Tulsa
- “Motown and Funk Brunch July” at Hodges Bend, Tulsa
- “The Ice Cream Pop-Up” at Cherry & Bark, Tulsa
- “Parachute Day & The Sonder Bombs” at The Vanguard – OK, Tulsa
Are there any annual recurring events in Tulsa?
Yes, Tulsa is known for its annual recurring events such as Tulsa Oktoberfest and Tulsa Tough.
Is there a free summer movie screening in Tulsa?
Yes, there is a free summer movie screening at Circle Cinema. Today’s movie is “The Bad Guys”.
Are there any workshops or creative activities happening in Tulsa?
Yes, there are several creative workshops happening in Tulsa. Some examples include the “Erasure Poetry Workshop with Nuova Wright” at Whitty Books and the “Let’s Make a Movie Musical about Tulsa: A Creative Workshop” at Circle Cinema.
Do I need a mobile app or QR code for the Broken Arrow LOVE Scavenger Hunt?
No, for the Broken Arrow LOVE Scavenger Hunt, participants must use PDF tickets emailed for the event as no mobile app or QR codes will be accepted.
Where can I find a community calendar of events in Tulsa?
Tulsa’s event calendar provides detailed information about upcoming events. It can be found on various websites such as Visit Tulsa and Eventbrite.
Jennifer Ian is a 28-year-old neurotic Jew from New York who overcame her anxiety and embarked on life-altering backpacking trips to 18 different countries, proving that even risk-averse individuals can find joy and therapy in the challenges of travel.